Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by SenaBluetooth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wasn't able to figure out which app was tied to the default setting, possibly because it's a system service. However, I was able to find Bluetooth Launch, which allows the user to choose which action to take when the button is pressed. The UI is a bit buggy and hard to read, but you only need to use it to select the action, so I think it will meet my needs.
  2. automated1

automated1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Couple of questions for you. I purchased 3 Sena SMH10's for my family. We upgraded the units to 5.0 firmware.

1) When listening to music then I take a phone call, I never get the music back without looking at my phone and restarting music. I try and hold the jog dial down for a second, hear the beap but nothing happens. I can however get the music to pause and restart if I don't take a phone call.

2) When in a in a 2 way conference and music sharing, the third person joins the conversation, the original 2 way conference never gets the shared music back when the 3rd person disconnects.

Thanks,

Jason
  3. JBanks

JBanks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I need help finding the optimal configuration for the following:

What I have:

SMH10
    SR10
    Zumo 665(I can hardwire to SR10 if necessary)
    Radar Detector (hardwire to SR10)
    Samsung S4 used for music and Phone.

Can someone give me the proper connection method for each (HFP vs A2DP) (Selective vs regular pairing) (multipoint vs Phone pairing)

Many thanks in advance!
  4. -E-

-E- Klaatu barada nikto Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Rocket Moto people have been very helpful with the questions I have called them about. So many vendors have zero customer service I really appreciate shops that support their customers. Thanks RM.

I just installed an SMH-10 on my Shoie Neotec. At highway speeds, 75 mph, I have too much wind noise for Siri to understand my voice commands to my iphone 4. I have the fin on the mic facing away from me and the foam boot on the mic. Any advice other than getting a taller fairing?

When I press the knob to stop or start the music on my iphone the SMH first searches for an intercom connection before activating the music command. I have the same issue when I press and turn the knob to track forward of back. What am I doing wrong?
  5. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
    Jason,

For your first problemt, please perform a "Factory Reset" and delete the headset from your phone. Afterwards, pair the devices together again using the Phone Pairing method.

For your second problem, initiating a three-way intercom conference deactivates the Music Sharing feature and needs to be re-initiated when the 3rd person disconnects.

The configuration that you will want to use is as follows:

Samsung S4 = Phone pairing (will use HFP & A2DP)
    SR10 = Multipoint pairing (will use HFP)
    Hardwire the Zumo 665 and the radar detector into the SR10

You are holding down the Jog Dial for too long. You will want to hold down the Jog Dial for 1 second until you hear two beeps to listen to music.

As for you problem with Siri, the microphone on the headset is too sensitive for Siri to understand when you are finished speaking so you will need to press the button on the phone that forces Siri to process your command.
  6. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Any news on the release / ship date of the 20S units? I think I'd like a headset but will not buy the SMH10 when there's a newer, better offering just months away.

Thanks,

Y
  7. -E-

-E- Klaatu barada nikto Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am taping the button so I'm not sure how to press it for a shorter period.

Siri understands I finish the command. It does not understand the command correctly when there is wind noise. When stopped and say call Julie it works correctly. With wind noise when I say call Julie it tries to call Rick or some other random name.

8. huron52

huron52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    After dragging my feet on the update to V5 I started it tonight. I updated the device manager and thenstarted with the devices. First device went off without a hitch. But I fouled up the order of starting the device regenigtion and it
    failed to see the device. I try it several times and it still won't see it.

Second problem I can't seem to find the downloadable owners manual

thanks
  9. JBanks

JBanks Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thank you. Ok.. So pair the phone the standard way using the phone button... Not choosing Selective or HFP pairing.
    Then multipoint pair the SR10 using the JOG dial??? I wan't to make sure I have this right because I know I can only pair one media source to my SMH10 and at this point the phone would already have the media connection consumed.

I originally had the SM10 and had to send it back for this reason. Thanks.
  10. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are the batteries replaceable in the smh5 & smh5-fm? I'm very reluctant to purchasing a product which will have its life limited by the battery life.
  11. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought you meant that you were holding down the Jog Dial and putting it into Intercom Pairing mode. Only tapping the Jog Dial will cause the headset to connect to another paired headset but if there isn't one then it will give you an error message saying "Intercom failed".

Here is a link to the Documents section on our website where you can download the User's Guide for your headset: http://www.sena.com/support/documents/.

That is correct. You do not need to use Phone Selective pairing or Media Selective pairing when you pair your SMH10 to your Samsung S4 since that will only pair one of the two Bluetooth profiles (HFP for phone calls or A2DP for music) whereas using the Mobile Phone pairing will pair both of those profiles to your phone at the same time. Yes, you will want to use Multipoint pairing for the SR10 by holding down the Jog Dial for 5 seconds. When you hear the voice prompt "Intercom Pairing" and see the red LED flash rapidly, immediately tap the phone button to change it to "Multpoint Pairing". While the SMH10 is in Multipoint Pairing mode, hold down the gray pairing button on the SR10 for 5 seconds until the red and blue LEDs flash rapidly then wait for them to connect to each other.
  12. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    The batteries in the SMH5 or the SMH5-FM are not replacable. If the headset is still within the 2-year warranty period then the headsets need to be replaced under our warranty service.
  13. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    To start/stop music and to advance a track, it's not a "tap", it's more of a one-second press. Press and hold for one second and you'll hear a second, slightly higher-pitched beep. Release it then for play/pause selection.

Just tapping it will give you a single beep, it will try to connect to an intercom, then tell you "Intercom failed" when it can't find a paired intercom.

Same thing with advancing... press and hold for a second as you turn the jog dial.
  14. JBanks

JBanks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Much appreciated!
  15. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    what is the expected lifetime of the batteries?
  16. Vin

Vin Hopeless Addict

Oddometer:
    You replaced my battery when it failed - many thanks. Is there a way they can be replaced for a fee after warrantee? Or will you sell me the part?
    Very happy with my pair of SMH5s.
  17. RedBean25

RedBean25 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one that finds that cumbersome while riding? I end up just listening to songs I don't want to hear at the time... I don't get it right every time, so I end up with an Intercom failed message or pausing the music...or changing the volume.

If I don't use intercom, can I disable that feature and make the quick tap the skip to next track switch?
  18. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    To quote the User's Guide about the battery: "Operating times are estimates only and depend on the devices used together, features used, battery age and condition, temperatures to which battery is exposed, and many other factors."

Headsets that have built-in batteries can only be replaced under our warranty service if the headset is still within the 2-year warranty period.

The intercom function on a headset cannot be disabled as it is an essential feature on the headset.
  19. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wasn't asking about operating time, but lifetime, perhaps number of charge cycles.
  20. dwoodward

dwoodward Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't pair it with another headset. :deal