Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by SenaBluetooth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    easy for me, just take 2 fingers and press and rotate. no effort at all.
  2. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it easy to swap the pieces between helmets?
    I have a dual sport helmet with quite a bit of space behind the chin piece, would a wired mike still be OK, or boom mike recommended?
  3. keiji

keiji Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Sena SMH5-FM, and it was great ...right up until I started riding in the rain (which was about two weeks in). I've always made sure that the ports were covered and what have you, but I would get some weird behavior close to the end of my commute (1hr) where it would think it was trying to factory reset constantly.

Right now, it's not even turning on.

I thought these were supposed to be water-resistant for riding in inclement weather? What gives? Is this a warranty problem I should submit through my dealer, or am I SOL?
  4. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have ridden in huge downpours with mine several times with zero issues with the 4 sets I have owned. Did you try charging it and are you sure the charging port was covered when it was raining? is your helmet leaky, maybe it leaked down into the speaker but i would think all that would do is short out a speaker.
  5. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup... I've ridden in rain so epic I was tempted to pull over and start building an ark and haven't had any problems with my Sena units. I'd suggest either calling Sena technical support or contacting your dealer.
  6. huron52

huron52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok , One headset has V5 and the other has V4.3 or something like that. They are paired. Now I can;t get the SM10 to pair with either one.

Somebody run through the description of how to do the pairing with the SM10 to a headset? Thanks
  7. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    I'd suggest the boom mic. It does a much better job of suppressing the wind noise. Many DS helmets have a fair bit of noise in the chinbar area.
  8. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:

Please perform a "Fault Reset" on the SMH5-FM by removing the main from the helmet clamp and inserting a paperclip into the small pin-hole on the back of the main unit near the serial number. Push down on the reset button that's on the inside for at least a couple of seconds. In addition, have the headset plugged in and charging while performing the "Fault Reset". Afterwards, power it on and see if you are getting the same results. If you are then it is recommended to contact our Technical Support department (contact info is here: http://www.sena.com/contact-us/) so that they can assist you further or have you go through our warranty process to get it replaced if it needs service.

Please perform a "Factory Reset" on each of them, which you can refer to the User's Guide on how to do, so that you are starting from scratch. Next, place the first headset into Phone Pairing mode by holding down the phone button for 5 seconds until the LED flashes red and blue rapidly. While this is happening, hold down the grey pairing button on the SM10 for 5 seconds until the LED is flashing blue rapidly then wait for them to pair together. Repeat the same process for the 2nd headset but on the SM10 hold down the grey pairing button for 8 seconds until the LED is flashing red rapidly.
  9. Perkio

Perkio Just "Perk" Please.

Oddometer:
    I have a Jabra_TOUR hands free bluetooth speaker for my phone in my truck.

Is it possible to pair to this device and use it to talk my wife while I ride and she drives my truck?

It would be fantastic to do this while we are traveling with both the bike and truck to a location.

Perk

Edit:
    This was answered on facebook
    and is easily done.

THANKS Sena!
  10. Jim Colombotos

Jim Colombotos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    love your products...have 4 myself ...looking forward to purchasing your new system
  11. Jim Colombotos

Jim Colombotos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    will the 20 fit on the smh10 base?
    I ask as I use custom ear molds plugged into your alternative base Part # SMH-A0303
  12. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Little short for a Stormtrooper

Oddometer:
    I love my Sena! You guys should come up with an "affordable" set-up that would let me use my Sena to talk to my young ones on the dirtbikes

The normal Sena is a bit big and a bit pricey to set up two kids, but if there were a set up where you could give them instructions, or allow them a push to talk if they crash it would be cool.
  13. Perkio

Perkio Just "Perk" Please.

Oddometer:
    SMH10R!
    We use them and love em.
    I have 4 sets.

14. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a way to permanently disable music sharing on the SMH5. Really do not care for the feature and my wife and I keep doing it involuntarily.
  15. automated1

automated1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Having issues music sharing, music played fine from phone single but every time I share the music starts skipping.

Sent from my HTC One
  16. tt100

tt100 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I want to like your products, and I'm sure they are awesome, but after using a competitors boomless mike set up I don't want to go back to having a boom mike with that foam ball in front of my mouth all the time. Any chance you are working on a boomless set up...?
  17. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you're talking about the SMH-10, there already is a boomless setup available: http://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php/catalogsearch/result/?q=smh-a0302; I use the earbud clamp version, and it works pretty well...not quite as well as the boom mic at dealing with wind noise, but I don't have to feel like I'm eating a mic, either.

To the folks at Sena, I have another usage question. My SMH-10 is paired to both my Android phone and my SR-10 (the latter via multipoint). When I don't have the SR-10 turned on, the phone pairing works exactly as I want it to—pressing the phone button on my headset triggers a Bluetooth event on the phone and, per the phone config, toggles my voice recording app.

The problem comes when I have both devices on; as best I can tell, the phone button push doesn't get reported to the phone. I'm not sure if it's getting captured by the SR-10 or just doing something else entirely, but I'd like the push to get to the phone. Without it, I'm left with the option of running the voice recorder constantly and relying on its "silence skip" feature, which I haven't been able to tune in such a way that it will drop wind and engine noise.

Is it possible to configure this setup so that the phone button will always trigger an event on the phone, regardless of activity on the SR-10?
  18. huron52

huron52 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks I will give that a try!
  19. bradrh

bradrh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Brad:

Give us a call. Since you purchased the headsets from us, we'll talk you through fitting the existing speakers so that they're comfortable for your wife, without hacking the helmet.