Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by SenaBluetooth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
    The 20S and SMH10 are designed completely different and the main unit of the 20S cannot fit on the clamp kit of the SMH10 and vice versa. However, the 20S has a earbud jack built into the clamp kit so you will be able to plug in your custom ear molds.

There is a not a way to permanently disable the music sharing on a headset. The music sharing feature requires you either be in intercom mode and hold down the Jog Dial for 1 second and hear 2 beeps or start playing music on a paired device (like a phone) beforehand then tap the Jog Dial to go into intercom mode then hold down the Jog Dial for 1 second and hear 2 beeps.

Since you don't want to activate the music sharing feature then you will only need to tap the Jog Dial once to open or close the intercom channel.

Please update the firmware on your headsets (if you haven't already) then perform a "Factory Reset" on your headsets, pair your Bluetooth devices back to the headsets, and intercom pair the two headsets once again to see if the music is still skipping.
  2. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    HI,
    The ear bud jack on my SMH-10 clamp is breaking off (can see bares wires where it joins onto the main clamp) so in addition to just replacing the clamp I was considering as an option buying the S20.

Question, I see the standard clamp kit allows for earbud connection but what about the wired mic? I use a wired mic now and don't want a boom mic. The S20 brochure says universal clamp kit but shows only the boom mic connected. What is needed to use the wired mic? Does the boom mic just disconnect?

Also, if the 20S clamp kit is universal what happens to the wired speakers (that I don't want to use)? Do they disconnect?

Thanks
  3. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    My SMH-10 is paired to both my Android phone and my SR-10 (the latter via multipoint). When I don't have the SR-10 turned on, the phone pairing works exactly as I want it to—pressing the phone button on my headset triggers a Bluetooth event on the phone and, per the phone config, toggles my voice recording app.

The problem comes when I have both devices on; as best I can tell, the phone button push doesn't get reported to the phone. I'm not sure if it's getting captured by the SR-10 or just doing something else entirely, but I'd like the push to get to the phone. Without it, I'm left with the option of running the voice recorder constantly and relying on its "silence skip" feature, which I haven't been able to tune in such a way that it will drop wind and engine noise.

Is it possible to configure this setup so that the phone button will always trigger an event on the phone, regardless of activity on the SR-10?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  4. Travman

Travman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is a fine line between a tap and a 1 second press on a moving motorcycle. The process also adds an extra step to go from intercom to individual music. Getting out of music sharing and back to individual music sources is a royal PITA.

Please allow this feature to be disabled on the next firmware update and do it soon. The feature is great if you want it but is really annoying and sucks if you don't.
  5. nixobilly

nixobilly Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love my SMH-10 and my SR-10.

Please see my rant in Revzilla forum.

Thank you very much for your excellent support of our community! I love your products.

Please communicate to your management that your 20S roll out has been poorly executed and communicated. Everyone totally understands that a product should not be shipped before it is ready.

Crap, how many times have I had a conversation with my teenager that he needs to check in - I'm not trying to control him, I just care and I want to know what is going on.

Is your CEO a teenager?

Love and respect,

Nixobilly
  6. tc339

tc339 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there a way to toggle between music sharing with my passenger, and 3 way intercom with my passenger and another rider?

I want to be able to share music between Rider A and Passenger A. while allowing Rider B to have his own music, but be able to switch over to 3 way intercom.

Is it even clear what I am asking? I'm having trouble putting it in words.
  7. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:

I understand what you want. So one suggestion is to have your headsets configured as such:

1. Rider A pairs with Rider B
    2. Rider A pairs with Passenger A

This way is recommended so that Rider A only needs to tap the Jog Dial once to connect to Passenger A which is useful for Music Sharing. When you want all three of you talk in a 3-way intercom conference then Rider A will tap the Jog Dial once to connect to Passenger A (and pause the Music Sharing function) and Rider B will then need to tap the Jog Dial once (and pause their own music player) so that they can communicate with Rider A and Passenger A.

After disconnecting the headsets after you're done conversing then the Music Sharing feature between Rider A and Passenger A will need to restarted as well as Rider B will need unpause their music player (done through the headset or pressing play on the music source.) Depending on the device playing the music, Rider B may have to manually connect back to their audio source if their headset doesn't re-establish the connection.
  8. Dsouth

Dsouth n00b

Oddometer:
    I have downloaded the new manual, what I would love to see is a one page cheat sheet with all the instructions for pairing etc. Print off a page then keep it on the bike somewhere, it's easy to forget all the different modes.
  9. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    I agree. An abridged card with list of control functions will be perfect, and I'll laminate it for keeping in my tank bag.

I moved the owner's manual (.pdf) for version 5.0 Sena SMH10 into iBooks on my phone (did the same for the bikes, camera, GPS & etc.).

Fred
  10. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    The strain relief molded over the wires just doesn't work and is a poor design. I lost two clamps to this (one on each helmet); one was replaced by Sena and the other I tossed and bought another.

Since then, I've applied (sculpted) black Sugru over the strain relief from the clamp to the jack (thanks Rocketmoto). However, I was given the simplest answer after I'd done that. With a bit of slack in your earphone wire to the jack, just wrap the wire around the whole clamp two or three times! That takes up the extra wire flapping around in the wind, and eliminates stress on the jack when the wire gets caught on something (as it usually does).

Fred
  11. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    I have difficulty with phone calls, but no problem with intercom. I have an SMH10 using velcroed boom microphone, earphones and an iPhone5s.

Intercom communication: Loud and clear on each of two paired SMH10 units.

Phone calls: Incoming, I accept the call by touching the green button on the iPhone screen. The caller can hardly hear me, later telling me that all he could hear was wind, and I didn't hear him at all. Sidetone is enabled. Microphone boost is disabled. Outgoing calls are equally bad.

I've deleted all pairings and re-paired to the iPhone. Suggestions?

Fred
  12. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    Fred,

Don't answer calls by using the screen! When you do that, the call is routed to the iPhone and NOT a connected bluetooth headset. This was done intentionally by Apple, at the request of users. If you want to answer a call using any bluetooth headset, you must use the headset to answer the call.
  13. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Thank you!

Does that mean I cannot use the iPhone screen for an outgoing call? What is the correct procedure for outgoing calls to other than speed dial numbers for the Bluetooth connection to work properly.?

Fred
  14. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Reaver made me do it...

Oddometer:
    You can still place a call from the screen and use a bluetooth headset. Once you tap the dial icon on screen, a menu will appear on screen allowing you to choose the audio device. Any connected bluetooth device will be selected by default.

For safety's sake, please don't try manually dialing while in motion. Siri would be happy to dial a number for you!
  15. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    All of the manuals (in the package and online) have an Operation Quick Reference section near the end of the User's Guide. You can print that page(s) from the online version of the manual seperately for your own personal use.
  16. FredRydr

Oddometer:
    Cool!

[​IMG]

Fold it in half and laminate it. (Not this image; the original .pdf is much clearer.)

Fred
  17. Dsouth

Dsouth n00b

Oddometer:
    As usual I missed the obvious, saved and printed. Thank you.
  18. GrumpyOne

GrumpyOne Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got a 20s and had a few questions:

- When will the iPhone app be released?
    - When will the Sena Device Manager be updated to work with the 20s?

Thanks,
    jw
  19. Dsouth

Dsouth n00b

Oddometer:
    So I printed up the card and set out for a 2 week trip, After the first day I decided to turn off the "Sidetone", oops seems the "Configuration Settings" aren't listed in that "Quick Reference" page. Glad I had saved the manual in my I-Books.
  20. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:
    The Smartphone App for iPhone is currently under review at Apple and an update to the Device Manager that will allow it work with the 20S is coming shortly.

For those interested, we have uploaded some "how to" videos to demonstrate some of the new features of the Sena 20S.

Sena 20S Playlist