Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by SenaBluetooth, Mar 18, 2014.

1. SMURPH

SMURPH Longtimer

Oddometer:
    Thank you thank you! Just got my 20S in the mail today and tried to connect to the Sena software and it wouldn't recognize. Now I know why.

looking forward to the Apple App too. This thing is full of awesomeness.

S
  2. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
  3. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Awesome - the 20S is simply FABULOUS! :clap
  4. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd like to be able to say the same but I usually try to get 4-5000 miles on Tech before I pronounce it worthy. Unfortunately, given the constrained Sena product shipments for the 20S, I don't see that happening this year for me since I'm pretty far down on RocketMoto's Group Buy list -- but thank you RocketMoto for putting that together.
  5. Flying Tivo

Flying Tivo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got mine from adam, just finished charging them, I will install on the helmet tonight. But as far as the Sena device manager and the new iOS app, they work very well with no hiccups on my Macbook air. Updated to V1.1.

Felipe

UPDATE:
    Just finished installing in my nolan 91 helmet which is a pain in the ass to install. But was doable. Paired both units, then paired with my Iphone and then paired with my Nav V. Having the phone as first pair the music sound quality is superb, have not tried it with the Nav V as the first pair. I will try a route tomorrow to see how the sound is from the Nav. Phone calls are great. The only suggestion is to have BALANCE for the speakers since im more deaf in one side that the other. So stereo does not sound stereo to me.
  6. rob

rob Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone paired a Schuberth SRC headset to a 20s?

I'm looking at getting the combination so I can use all the options on my BMW and be able to talk to my wife on her bike.

Thanks,

Rob Lessen
    Arma, KS
  7. TigerJimmy

TigerJimmy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you again for participating on this forum! I just upgraded to custom ear mould speakers and the headset clamp. It makes your already fabulous product even more incredible!

Ok, here's my follow up question:

I don't want to use your wired PTT button. I have the BMW bracket and PTT button that the CHP used on their bikes. This is a waterproof, momentary switch on a very heavy-duty bracket that positions the switch perfectly at the left thumb of my bike. I want to wire this switch to the PTT connection of the SR10.

I purchased the PTT extension cable and plan to cut off one connector and solder that to my own switch. Is there anything funky about your wired PTT switch (such as some kind of inline resistance) or is it just a simple momentary switch that shorts the leads? Is it closed when pushed/activated and open otherwise, or the reverse of this?

Thanks again!

Jim
  8. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Nuthin' funky - your PTT switch should work fine. The button is normally open, and contacts are closed when button is pressed.
  9. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Rob:

I don't foresee any issues. The Sena's universal intercom feature make the Sena 'look like' a mobile phone to the SRC, which is a Scala Rider G9 or G9x in a different package. Those headsets can pair to a mobile phone, so you should be in good shape.

10. TigerJimmy

TigerJimmy Adventurer

Oddometer:

Excellent! Thank you!
  11. Rashed

Rashed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    where is everyone getting 20s from ? I cant find it anywhere , all is out of stock
  12. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    We started an interest list back in November. The supply on these is tighter than a (you fill something in here :wink:). We have hundreds on order and we have received and shipped just a dribble. All of the Sena dealers are in the same empty boat, at the moment. The supply will ease and production will ramp up, but it could be a while until all of Sena's backorders are fulfilled.
  13. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am curious if anyone with a Scala 9x has switched to the 20s and what your thoughts are. I am due to upgrade from my G4. I see this is a vendor thread so feel free to PM me if you don't want to muddle up the vendor thread.
  14. watagans300exc

watagans300exc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Fitted my new 20S units last night and was able to pair them easily but when you cycle the power, they do not automatically re-connect into pairing mode. The only way I could get them to re-establish pairing was to do the 6 sec Jog dial button again.

Any advice would be great.

Sound out of these is world class BTW.
  15. rob

rob Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great! Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get them!
  16. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:
    After pairing them together, they will automatically open an intercom channel but if you power both of them down and turn them back on then you can just tap the Jog Dial once on either of them to open the intercom channel again.
  17. watagans300exc

Oddometer:
    Very good quality and the sound is exceptional.
    Range line of site, we were not able to get greater than around 800meters.
    Tried it several times and the units would become disconnected at any distance greater than than and if you lose line of sight, 200m tops.
    Units then take about 30sec to re establish conference.
    They would also just randomly loose comms when we were no further apart than 100m line of sight. Then re establish conference. There would be no message through the headset either.
    Annoying issue, when in conference if the lead unit receives a phone call the only way I could get the lead unit to re-join the conference was to cycle the power. Waited 5 min on the side of the road after getting the first call and nothing. The unit flashed green like it was in conference but no comms. Eventually had to put my phone into airport mode.

Even if you don't answer the call the above happens.
    I'm on V1.1 of the firmware.

The YouTube tutorials are very useful and well done.
  18. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Anthony - which devices are you pairing to?

19. watagans300exc

Oddometer:
    Hi Adam, all were Sena 20-s.

The three you kindly delivered.
    The single unit I purchased also would just randomly cut out for no reason then a few minutes later re establish conference.
    Hey, this is version 1.1 I don't expect flawless performance for another 6 or so version upgrades till real world feedback starts flowing back.
    I have to admit I was rather surprised with the range. My hopes were for greater distances.

The quality of the product can not be faulted, aluminium brackets and the sound when listening to music in the helmet is exceptional.
  20. aftCG

aftCG Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a question about use of the SMH-10.

I have a pair of them which my girlfriend and I use every time we ride (as a new rider it helps her a lot).

When she's not on the bike I commonly use mine to listen to music. My question is, is there a way we can play music and both of us hear it? I did the 2 second push the last time we were out and it seemed to ignore me.

It would be really cool if I could pull in some music on an upcoming road trip.