SENA - Rider to Rider Communications

Discussion in 'Australia' started by nevgriff64, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Redback

Redback Average aussie bloke

Oddometer:
    Is there a difference between the Cardo Scala Rider packtalk and the Scala Rider PACKTALK, cause there's a big difference in price, when I searched for CARDO all the Aussie sites came up with Scala Rider Packtalk.
  2. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    same thing. Cardo is the company. Scala packtalk is the model.

Read fine print on each item. Some come as a kit ie two devices. Some are just one
    Redback likes this.
  3. Redback

Oddometer:
    Looks like the CARDO device it is I think, certainly looks the goods.

Thanks
  4. Woody2627

Woody2627 Grey Wobbler

Oddometer:
    I have the Packtalk, much better than my G9, but still buggy. It sounds like Cardo and Sena both have issues so you just have to learn to live with it. The DMC system is a huge improvement, with our G9's when had to travel in a set order to maintain comms, now it doesn't matter.
  5. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only Bluetooth jigger I’ve got that doesn’t glitch is a mega boom speaker, everything else has issues. Especially the bloody Hilux, it’s chronic to the point where I’ve given up and use a Bluetooth in ear thingy. My U-Clears seem okay, the Zumo has issues with them but they seem to be happy with each other and the phone. They’ll connect to other devices but not solidly. Bloody Bluetooth, you’d think it’d be seamless by now but it’s still a piece of crap especially when it comes to the connection thing. I’ve been known to hold the phone in front of the POS Toyota “multimedia platform” and yell “can ya see it? It’s right-fucking-here!” much to JB’s amusement.
    AUSSIEADV and Tomdog like this.
  6. Redback

Oddometer:
    We are just getting it for comms on the bikes for now so no plans on Bluetooth for phones or GPS or music, Bluetooth in the Disco works fine for the phone so we'll just keep it that way.
  7. Dukehunt

Dukehunt Lost in Translation Nev 2.0 Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I switched from Cardo to Sena and been happy with the change. Everything works all the time if you take the time to set it up properly.
    Colonial Mick likes this.
  8. Paul124ac

Paul124ac Long timer

Oddometer:
    For that, anything you get will work fine. I’m on-call every bloody day unless I’m on AL, if I couldn’t receive phone calls on the bike I wouldn’t be able to go for a ride, the only reason I link to the gps is so I can see at a glance who is calling me. The phone has no issues with the gps, the UClear has no issues with the gps, getting the three to party? Fucking shits me, stuff should just work like the box says it will. And yeah, tried the N-Comm and the SENA, no difference.
    Redback likes this.
  9. tomrux

tomrux Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have Senna S20s currently. Switched from cardo g9s I think. They were flunky. The Sennas are better. Still things that piss me of. Switcing from one source to another, eg intercom to or from gps there is an almighty tone that is not tied to the volume level. Goes straight through. Warning tones were the same but turned all them of, ffs I ask the gps for curvy routes then it warns me curves are ahead, seriously? Phone linked to gps and that has it's own quirks and like said ,why can't this stuff just work. Blue tooth should be blue tooth but oh no each manufacturer has to ad their own little tweaks that screw the works up. Happy with it on the whole but it should not be that difficult.

Cheers Tom R
    Redback and Paul124ac like this.
  10. gateman

gateman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like the Sena30 with the mesh ability and the garmin 595 bluetooth setup.
    AND I kick myself daily for not hiving bought the rider/ pillion and GPS when I last saw the kit.
    Sound in and speech commands out and the mesh to other Senas and UHF or the phone.
    Music, GPS and UHF I like.
    Redback likes this.
  11. nevgriff64

nevgriff64 .

Oddometer:
    Did a 4 day ride with a couple of mates last weekend and had an absolute ball using the Senas as we went along.

So glad we went with these units - well worth the money. :clap
  12. mcguyver

mcguyver Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have used 10s for ages and recently went to a 20 s set up. Absolute junk. Crap sound,wouldnt connect to my wifes, couldn't update. Sent back to Sena twice, who in the end t their hands in the air. Ended up chucking them in the bin and going back to the 10 s which have been going great. Anyone updated the speakers using aftermarket ones like the ASAS etc?
  13. richo360

richo360 Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a recent ride we couldn't get my pair of 20s to connect to my mates 30s....
    Tried multiple times.
  14. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do You have V2.0 update?
    • Added intercom compatibility with 30K
    • Improved Group Intercom connectivity
    • Minor bug fixes with Music Sharing during Normal Intercom conversation
  15. bikeroz

bikeroz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone around Sydney with an SMH10R?
  16. Tomdog

Tomdog Mapaholic

Oddometer:
    4 day ride with 2x30s’s and me with 20s.
    Had all sorts of problems connecting initially till they turned off mesh and just used BT.