Sena S20 experience

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by macintosh, Jul 14, 2014.

1. mshell

mshell Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this will help...but in Google Maps under Settings --> Navigation...there is a option to Play Voice over Bluetooth.
  2. JB3

JB3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, Mike. Exactly what I needed! It works as expected.
  3. mshell

Oddometer:
    No problem...enjoy your ride.
  4. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    Hi and Happy New Year all

Not sure if this is the best place for this (perhaps I need to start a thread).

I recently updated to a Garmin Zumo 595 and also run an S20s and a Samsung S9. I've hooked everything up (bluetooth-wise) to the GPS to use it as the "hub".

It all works fine in my office but I've had numerous issues with it when trying to actually use it on the bike. Everything seems to be connected fine although on the GPS some of the little icons under the bluetooth settings are red. I manage to get GPS directions through the Senna but even though both phone & GPS say music is playing (from the phone), I get no music.

One thing that seems to fix it is to use another phone to call the S9. Even if i don't answer the phone the music starts playing happily and everything seems right in the world.

Anyone else had this experience or can offer some great pearls of wisdom?

Cheers
  5. mshell

Oddometer:
    I’ve had better luck using the 20S as the hub.
  6. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    Keen to try it with the GPS as the hub as it should be able to do it and it lets the GPS use mobile data for sexy cool stuff (supposedly).
  7. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Like what? I have a phone app (Smartphone Link) that can be used for weather and I think traffic info, that is to say getting such data to display on the phone. Are you talking about something else?

My GPS pairs to my Sena 20S and gives me turn by turn info. This is what I want and it works well.
    My Sena SM-10 pairs to my Sena 20S and through that I hear my radar detector and an iPod. This is what I want and it works well.
    My Samsung Galaxy S4 pairs to my Sena 20S and I can make and receive calls. I power off my phone when riding because I do not want that, except on very rare occasions.
  8. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:

Make sure that the firmware on the 20S is the latest version, which is v2.0, by using the Sena Device Manager for your computer. If it is, then delete the 20S from the list of Bluetooth devices on the Zumo 595 and then perform a Factory Reset on the 20S. Next place the 20S into Mobile Phone Pairing mode, or if you want to talk over the intercom while hearing GPS directions then place the headset into GPS Pairing Mode, and search for the 20S on your Zumo 595 and select it when it appears.
    Emoto and MrVvrroomm like this.
  9. Hedonist222

Hedonist222 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everyone

Installed the sena 20s evo on my Shoei gt air.

But there is now unbearable wind noise entering from the crevice that the clamp creates.
    An opening between the shell and the liner.

As pictured.

I know it's from there because of if I cup my hand over that area, noise is reduced.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

20190112_111553.jpg 20190112_111521.jpg 20190112_111553.jpg
  10. Daechir

Daechir Adventurer

Oddometer:

Try using the stick on mount, this is a little smaller and you won't have the gap.

You can also try to move the mount backwards or forward.
  11. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Or use some foam/tape to fill any void between the helmet and bracket so the air isn't rushing through the gap.

sena clamp.PNG
  12. Hedonist222

Hedonist222 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Switched to adhesive plate.
    Thanks.
    Let's see tomorrow.
  13. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone else having issues with their 20s dropping audio playback?

I have a 20S Evo, which has worked great since buying it, but all of a sudden about two weeks ago or so it started dropping audio playback. I primarily listen to podcasts, and the sound will just cut out. The podcast keeps playing, the 20S is still showing as connected in my phone's settings menu, and if I spin the dial, I will still get the volume level feedback signs. The only way to get the audio back is to turn off the Sena and turn it back on. As soon as I turn it off, the podcast will pause (so I know it is connected to the phone). Then when I turn it back on, I hit play, and all is well again... Until it quits again. It is variable how long it will last until it stops working. It can be 5 seconds or it can be an hour.

It is up to date on software. When it first started happening, I plugged it in and updated it.
  14. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:

We recommend performing a Factory Reset on your 20S. Delete the 20S from your phone and then pair 20S and your phone back together again by placing the 20S into Mobile Phone Pairing Mode.
    GravelRider likes this.
  15. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the quick reply. I also sent a customer service request through your website. I didn't realize you guys were active on this thread.

I factory reset the device, deleted it from my phone, updated the device, and have re-paired it with my phone. I'll report back on how this works. Thanks!
  16. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    Oh, and one other thing that is a bit different is that when I turn on the device, it makes the "turning on noise," and then it dings again, and that's it. It used to make the "turning on noise," and then ding again and say "phone connected," or something very similar to that. It no longer says "phone connected," it just makes the ding. Any idea as to what would be causing this change? And it is still doing this after the factory reset and all that I did above. I honestly couldn't care less whether it says "phone connected," but I wonder if the issues could somehow be related, as they seemed to start around the same time, but I can't say that conclusively.
  17. GravelRider

Oddometer:
    @SenaBluetooth I haven't heard back from you guys via email in 5 days. I had last said

"Hello

Unfortunately this did not help the problem. However, I have narrowed things down a bit. I've noticed that this issue occurs if I close my visor quickly or if I turn my head quickly. I'm wondering if maybe something is loose?"
  18. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    Don't expect prompt responses from Sena.
  19. JB3

JB3 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have had a similar issue with the beeping noise and I believe it was the collar of riding coat rubbing the wheel and turning the volume up to max where it beeps. It would only happen when I turned my head in one direction. If you are wearing a coat with collar, you might try folding it inside and see if the symptoms change. Hey, you never know.
    GravelRider and MrVvrroomm like this.
  20. SenaBluetooth

Oddometer:

Please send us a PM with your ticket number or e-mail address so that we check our records. Thanks.
    GravelRider and MrVvrroomm like this.