Sena S20 experience

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by macintosh, Jul 14, 2014.

1. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    This isn't what is happening to me. I'm not getting any beeping noise. I'm getting dropped audio. It's definitely not a collar or anything hitting the wheel. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Done. Thank you.
  2. radon222

radon222 14GSAW

Oddometer:
    If it's only happening when closing your helmet etc.. I wonder if its kicking in voice command mode. I think you can adjust the sensitivity in either the phone app, or on the PC. When it does happen, try turning the volume up and might here it repeating "Say a Command" or just say "Cancel" and see if you get audio back?

Hope SENA can help you out.
    GravelRider likes this.
  3. GravelRider

GravelRider AKA max384 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good thought. I had the same thought and turned off voice command altogether. No change. Thanks!
  4. Daechir

Daechir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you tried turning of the touch commands? And also check if you don't activate the bottom switch. This activates the voice control.
  5. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. SaAdvRider99

SaAdvRider99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. SenaBluetooth

SenaBluetooth Motorcycle Bluetooth

Oddometer:

It is recommended to update the firmware on your 20S / 20S EVO to the latest version if you use an iPhone as this update improves the compatibility of the 20S / 20S EVO with the iPhone version of the Sena Utility App.
  8. DaveCR

DaveCR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any important improvement on the 30K?
  9. kasuckmo

kasuckmo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Toss the shitty 20s. Sadly I bought 2. I went back to the smh10
  10. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    My battery seems to be playing up. Appears to charge ok but dies straight away. Unit runs fine plugged in but the low battery warning starts up straight away and drives me nuts. Now what?
  11. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    IIRC, there are videos on youtube about putting in aftermarket batteries. Wait... found one; there are a few out there. Note that I have not done this myself. Text below the video on the youtube page lists the battery type.

FWIW, I was an early adopter of the 20S and mine continue to soldier along. I just completed an 1171 mile long weekend ride down into PA to ride fun roads and hang out with friends and my 20S worked flawlessly. I used it primarily for radar detector alerts and spoken directions for following backroads routes I made (sometimes muted, sometimes on). I also have it set up to listen to (iPod) music from the same BT transmitter that sends the V-1 signal, but I never turned it on this ride.
  12. Starstruck

Starstruck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a similar problem. Contacted Sena and they replaced the unit for free.
  13. g®eg

g®eg Canadian living in exile

Oddometer:
    seems the Sena guys have abandoned support for the SMH10 when using with iOS 13
    quite a long thread on Sena support forum, but crickets from the guys at Sena