Sending a bike

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Gallant, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Gallant

Gallant Banned

Oddometer:
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">

Planning a mid-winter ride , 2 weeks maybe , the problem is...
    I could personnaly haul the bike to warmer or rideable area , but it would take to much time .
    Has anyone tryed shiping there bike's ground, by transport or train maybe , once the bike is at the location ( storage) a simple plane ticket .
    There also the renting option , but I don't think they rent out 950..... well not in Canada anyway.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  2. JohnTM

JohnTM I suck toes

Oddometer:
    From Canada to the US shouldn't be a problem. Check Forward Air, Federal Transport, and list it on uship.com
  3. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Where are you looking to ship to? Where are you wanting to ride?
  4. Gallant

Gallant Banned

Oddometer:
    Southern states..... leaving from Florida maybe , I'm only planning , we were talking about such a trip the otherday , I and Cakeman. In two week ,I imagine ,we could cover even the west Coast .
  5. x32792

x32792 Cracker American

Oddometer:
    December, January and February are the best months to be outside in Florida.
  6. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    If your plan involves heavy eating, drinking, fishing and swimming, Florida might be your ticket, otherwise it will blow massive conch balls for la moto riding.

As mentioned before, 9/10th of all idiots in America will be in Florida for the winter weilding massive plastic and limited imaginations. If you had shot my best dog, I'd recommend that you go there. :D
  7. Gallant

Gallant Banned

Oddometer:
    Florida would the leaving point.... I imagine heading west , would love to see a desert or maybe the Grand-Canyon.
    I've talked to someone who moved his bike from Calgary to New- Brunswick , the fellow had to buy a specialy made crate from the transport company , the crate was on the expensive side.
    We would be shipping the bikes from a diff... location on the return trip.
    I haven had time to check-out John links..... wonder if all transport company operate in the same manner.