September 24-25 Wabeno WI

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by little john, Jul 28, 2011.

1. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    :D Big Woods 200- Wabeno WI, Dual Sport Capitol of the World!:clap

really,, need I say more? If you have been there-- to any or all of the past 10 years you know the truth. If you have never experienced it -- you have heard the stories ( they are ALL true ).

looking forward to seeing you there. little john
  2. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
    I'll be there again. :wave
  3. ffchick

ffchick FF = firefighter :)

Oddometer:
    :happay can't wait!!!
  4. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 2 bud's and I were there for the first time this spring. We had a blast and were impressed with the way the ride was run. . We are already signed up for the fall ride.:nod Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey I know exactly where both those pics were taken! how did that "tired" obstical go for you guy? trying to upgrade that one to another log type challange.:lol3 lj
  6. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    oh crap, no body will ever find it this far down the list-- BumP
  7. ffchick

Oddometer:
    Sure they will :D Most of us are ADV creepers :poser
  8. madwrench

madwrench Engulfed

Oddometer:
    What's a "Wabeno"?

Are they edible?
  9. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:

speaking of one of the ongoing Wabeno stories:lol3:lol3:lol3:lol3.... hows madwench??

as far as what wabeno tastes like .. see Ethel and tell her you would like an old fashond mixed to Jim strength,, oh and you are still 1 behind:eek1.
  10. Dan888

Dan888 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The tires were great, I liked them, along with all the other logs. I stopped and said hi to you, right after the tires.
    My helmet-cam quit working right after it took this shot. :D LOL

[​IMG]
  11. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    you gotta do something about that wide angle lens when taking pics of guys like me!!!:lol3
  12. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    spent saturday scouting an area we havent ridden in 3 or so years, looks like we will have at least a 3 miles hero section before lunch back in the mix. if we get our crap together we may have a second one just around the corner from there too. took some pics, just need to get mrs. lj to help me load them.
  13. Bump Stop

Bump Stop 2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer:
    I know people that ride this event but i really don't know that much about it. How much on road riding is there? I don't like riding on the road, i avoid it as much as possible. what is the total distance covered? I'm not getting enough info from the website.
  14. ffchick

Oddometer:
    Not many of us are fans of riding on the road :D That being said, the times we do spend on the road to connect to the off road sections don't seem to matter much since the off road stuff is a blast! Go here to check out some pictures of past events:

https://widsr.smugmug.com/Events

I think I put 140 miles + on Saturday at the ride for research event this year. We bailed on Sunday but I think the route was like 80 miles. The comrade, food, friends, riding, hero's are well worth dealing with some of the connecting road sections. But that's just my .02 cents worth.

Kira
  15. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    what do you consiter "road" most everything ( everything-except the routes thru private property and single track) we do is consitered open for travel by legaly lisensed vehicals. saturday is in the 150 mile range- total blacktop for the day is 30ish miles. the ballance is gravel, sand roads, 2 track and the like. sunday has more tar roads by % and is only 100 miles - has more hero sections. part of the roady parts can be cut out if you choose to go off the roll chart and cut the day short. we always try and keep the tar roads to a minium because we so strongly suggest that everyone come up with knobbies, but some has to be used to get in and out of towns, to gas, and make connections with out having to add 20 to 30 miles of gravel -running many out of gas and increasing the cases of monkey butt. hope that answerss your question. lj
  16. little john

little john Long timer

Oddometer:
    We bailed on Sunday but ?!?!?!?!what??? why??? I know it wasnt because mr. FFchick was hung over AGAIN!! did he just wimp out?? I even put a trials section in at my place for you guys.
  17. ffchick

Oddometer:
    :rofl I was waiting for that! I believe it was me who wimped out this time, had to work Monday and rode a bunch of the hero's on Friday. After seeing the pics from your place we both kicked our own ass's for a few days. We PROMISE at some point in time to actually ride on Sunday. :raabia
  18. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I avoid slab as much as possible also. It's just one of the things one has to deal with in order to ride some very nice off-road and single track hero sections. None of these single track areas would be available to ride if it weren't for these dual sport events-so these are areas that you won't see or be able to access other than the events. Sometimes the slab/gravel/two-track is even welcome as it offers a chance to cool off a bit and relax before the next hero section. Give it a try-I'm betting you will like it. I'm an old enduro and hare scrambles guy and I'm totally hooked on these rides.
  19. stuckinarut

stuckinarut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I drooled when I saw your trials stuff LJ. Now there is more reason than ever to ride Sunday, (that equates to behaving on Saturday night) even if we just head out to your place and spend the entire morning there.
  20. Bump Stop

Bump Stop 2 Wheeled Drifter

Oddometer:
    i just hate the thought of ruining a trials tire, riding it on the pavement. the damn things are expensive and I hate changing tires.