Shasta Trinity Riders

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Hop-Sing, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do we have any?
    [​IMG]
    South Eastern.
    anybody know where this is.
  2. shasta650

shasta650 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Think it's "Rat Trap Gap" South of 36 just east of the urban mecca of Beegum. head south 29n45.........maybe
  3. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"Think it's "Rat Trap Gap" South of 36 just east of the urban mecca of Beegum. head south 29n45.........maybe"

Yup. RTG... or very close to it.
  4. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was beginning to think I was on an island.
    Rat Trap Gap is correct. was there last Saturday.
    Not a tough one ,but I am proud of you two.
    Lots of good ground for us!
    Foot dragger likes this.
  5. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey were you one of the guys that parked at my parents house. We headed out that way when you and some friends from Wildwood rode to the coast out through Ruth. I got a flat and headed back with a deer hunter.
  6. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Not local, but I certainly have a little experience in the area. Most of the riding I've done is big-bike friendly since I've ridden up and back for long weekends from Sac-town. However, my annual fall rides in the Trinity Alps will not likely happen anymore. At least not like they did before. I may still try to get some rides in during my family vacation the last week of June.

One of my friends moved to Weaverville last year and is always looking for people to ride with. He has a 690 and 525EXC, both plated. I'll point him this direction.
  7. shasta650

Oddometer:
    Wasn't me ,been a couple of years,rarely get that far south
    wander around farther north most of the time ....endless....too much dirt ...too lil time
  8. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok then. I have a hangout in South Weed. 40 Acres by the RR Tracks. I work a lot of rides out of there as a base camp. Crazy stuff up there if willing to gate pass. Someday I WILL ride to the top of Black Butte. that will take a trials bike and No I wont leave a single tire mark.

I would like to pick your brain on routes, but also know that the locals like to keep secrets, which I totally respect.

Did I meet you and a buddy having lunch down in Dunsmuir a year or two ago. {The newer brew lunch place}.
  9. shasta650

Oddometer:
    Live just a few miles from S.Weed,, No secrets with me ..more the better, yeah way to many illegal timber co. gates. If you're around sometime ,pick each others brains !!
  10. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Yeah, no shit.....Even on the MVUM's........
  11. Adventure Trio

Adventure Trio Wandering

Oddometer:
    I'm officially in McCloud now full time. Lot's to see out this way. Gates are becoming an issue here too.

-Terry
  12. shasta650

Oddometer:
  13. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. shasta650

Oddometer:
    Great spot to adventure from !! wondered who's place it was as I ride by there sometimes
  15. Hop-Sing

Hop-Sing Long timer

Oddometer:
    last summer I crossed the tracks from here and headed cross country over to the trail head of Black butte. I was on my big Dakar and was stopping and walking/ scouting the next area as I was by myself and was in some deep duff. Taking my time and being careful as I was trespassing and didn't want any trouble. Anyway I came up on a mother bear that jumped up at my feet and ran about 150 feet out in front of me and turned around and gave me a glare. This went on for what seemed like a full minute. {maybe 20 sec} At which point a baby cub jumps up and follows mom.
    The cub was much faster than I though it would be. I then stand and watch the baby cub run up and down the tree that the mother was standing next to. This goes on for 3 or 4 full minutes. with each passing second I start to worry. I know that a second cub is most likely at my feet as mom is not leaving. Finally they turn and leave. I did not retreat but got back bike on my bike and continued. popped out by the trail head and rode out to the pavement and up to the old ski bowl to watch the sun set. There is a whole lot of land up there.
  16. redog1

redog1 KTM 690R

Oddometer:
    I'd like to do more riding in that area, oh and Hop-Sing, your nuts having a stand off with mama bear. I'm turning around and leaving. :D I guess I'm just a wuss but I'm not wrestling a mama bear :lol3.
  17. oobus

oobus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you ever seen Hop-Sing close up? He does resemble the Hoopa Sasquatch - all wildlife fears him!
  18. shasta650

Oddometer:
    Been here 30yrs ,achieved "local" status about 5 yrs. ago I think
  19. redog1

redog1 KTM 690R

Oddometer:
    He ran me and my bud Lionsroaar down a couple of years ago on Hwy 36, stopped a chatted awhile at the AM/PM in Red Bluff, also rode with him at the State of Jefferson Rally a while back. :1drink
  20. redog1

redog1 KTM 690R

Oddometer:
    I guess I've got a ways to go then, only owned my lot in Mt Shasta Vista for 7 years. :D