She Rides Canada

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BikerAl, Sep 3, 2014.

1. gunnerbuck

gunnerbuck Island Hopper

Oddometer:
    [/QUOTE]

BMWs bastard child..
  2. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Found it. TR650 Terra 366lbs, slightly out of the weight range!
    Regards....just jeff
  3. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    I looked at a brand new California plated 350 Katoom today probably like the one Al was sitting on,jeez I hadta take my XT350 out and abuse it up in the woods today to cleanse my soul of that orange Austrian super model,wow I got the Orange crush bad,and there was 2 of those Terra Huskys at the same dealer,the Husky is nice but the KTM is like way cool.
  4. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think it is the KTM 350 EXC-F but I am awaiting confirmation from Allison on that. The Terra is a nice looking bike but too heavy for more serious off pavement riding, especially for someone as LIGHT as Allison.:D
    Regards....just jeff
  5. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    Yep that's the model,importing bikes into Canada is probably as difficult as it is to get a decent dualsport plated in California,KTM is about the last performance plated Rock the shit outta ya bike you can get here.
  6. RicH2

RicH2 Ric H2

Oddometer:
    Both dual sports with the Terra leaning more towards the dirt while the starda leans more towards the street.

They also use the BMW G650 motor.

Strada with luggage.................I'll quit HiJacking the thread now....

[​IMG]
  7. absinthebouncer

absinthebouncer n00b

Oddometer:
  8. BikerAl

BikerAl On Kilter

Oddometer:
    It was orange and svelt and had "350" something on the side... Don't ask me such irrelevant questions! And I don't have a clue what my inseam is! It's entire-butt-cheek-off-the-seat inches, that's what!

Sitting in Canadian customs at the border awaiting my fate. Seems after all this I was supposed to bring another form they forgot to tell me about from when I first moved back.... I may be hooped.
  9. decon_bluz

decon_bluz wrecks

Oddometer:
    Hooped?

I should be working but I'm using Tapatalk
  10. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes Allison please do explain the meaning of the term "hooped" !! I am very interested in how you define it!:rofl:rofl:rofl

And your inseam measurement and WEIGHT will be very important knowledge. There are devices available to measure each quite easily.:wink:

The only KTM 350 with signal lights and mirrors I can find is the is the EXC-F which is a street legal model. I will add it to the chart.
    I don't know about where you all live but here in CANADA you can't just take a dirt bike and ride it on the street.:deal

Regards....just jeff
  11. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Waddya mean? My 525 XCW is plated and so is my buddy's 300EXC.

As for hooped, funny we should share the same vocabulary. :lol3
  12. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cmon you Guys!! I wanted ALLISON to explain it!!:rofl:rofl:rofl

So Skibum are you saying they are road legal and properly registered for the street?:deal
    jj
  13. BikerAl

BikerAl On Kilter

Oddometer:
    Come on! Hooped. SOL. Thwarted. Disgruntled. Uncharmed. Are you telling me this is another Allison-ism?

And, btw, I was not hooped after all! They pulled some strings and I'm through, only a grand poorer.... So far. My charmed life seems to be intact...

Vtcyclist: Importing into Canada is just complicated. Exporting from the US just got even more complicated. In all my many border crossings both directions over the years the Canadians are way nicer. Sorry all you yanks! And ok, maybe I'm a little biased.
  14. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    :eek1
  15. just jeff

just jeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know what hooped meant Al, I just wanted to hear how YOU defined it!!:D Allison-ism? Is that like Allakazam?!!
    jj
  16. leafman60

leafman60 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Strada and the Terra are excellent bikes for a lightweight machine that can do distance and not be too heavy on moderate off-road situations. I'd prefer the Strada for more dual-sport purposes and better handling on curvy pavement.

They are sorta a successor to the X Series BMW I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, BMW jettisoned the Husky brand to KTM and the Strada and Terra were cancelled before a few first-year glitches were ever worked out. Nothing major but a few things for owners to work out.

Some good buys out there on new and/or slightly used examples.

That set-up with the Givi Trekkers looks great. Boy, a person could do a lot of great things with that rig. They could ride easily from the pacific coast to Cape Spear in NL !
  17. pdxmotorhead

pdxmotorhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree and I'm from down here..
    NEVER come back to the US through Peace arch by Bellingham WA..
    Done it three times total cluster f*** all three times. Even once when I had my Active military ID on me AND a passport.. Before either were required..
  18. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yup JJ, motorvehicles just handed over plates. It's a result of the staff being clueless about is and isn't road legal:lol3
  19. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    All my border crossings have always been easier going north than returning to the states,the Canadians just make sure all is in order,the USA guys seem to use my coming home as a"let's see what this sketchy looking person is up to".
  20. BikerBobber

BikerBobber Trying to get lost

Oddometer: