Sheepskin buttpad discount

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BARB, Jan 25, 2005.

1. BARB

BARB Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks great, I was worried it'd be too bright. Thanks! Barb
  2. BARB

Oddometer:
    You are welcome. Thanks! Barb
  3. nathanmcginty

nathanmcginty od0O0bo

Oddometer:
    Hi Barb, I'm interested in a sheep skin from you for a Honda CRF250L. Do you have any pics of what it looks like on a CRF seat or something equivalent? Will some of the seat color show through out the sides or is it completely covered? I'd like light / undyed ... but on longhair vs sheared, how much of a difference is there in venting/airflow? I'd prefer longhair for aesthetics, but will I prefer a sheared for temperatures we hit in Texas in the summer half of the year?
  4. BARB

Oddometer:
    No pics. Maybe go back through this thread, I seem to remember one on a dirt bike. If you went with the dual sport model, it'll drape down the sides so the entire seat should be covered. sheared is much more efficient for cooling than long hair. Thanks, Barb
  5. CaliDefector

CaliDefector High-Tech Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    Just put in our order to make our 95 R1100GS a bit more comfy. Ordered the DualSport for the stock front and Pillion #2 for the rear. The site didn't list a rear for the R1100GS but I looked at some of the other bikes with similar rear seats and selected based on that.

Might need to get some for our K1200LT down the line a little too if these make the GS a little more bearable.

Thanks for offering the discount!
  6. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    Can someone please post a pic of one on a 990 ??
  7. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:
    is it possible to see what natural one's you have in stock before ordering?
  8. YJake

YJake Social Distancing Before It Was Cool Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love my sheepskin!

It made the stock seat on my Bonneville soft and fluffy :evil

[​IMG]

-Jake
  9. CaliDefector

CaliDefector High-Tech Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    They arrived and I slapped mine on the bike right away. Took it for a spin and was rather pleased. One "fix" that it did for me right away was no more slip-sliding back and forth on the seat as my butt stayed planted right where it should be. This was a complaint of the wife about the GS so I bet it will fix it for her too.

But, what I wanted to share was that I just had an unanticipated rain with the sheep skin on the bike. I took it off, laid it on a towel, then firmly rolled it up. I then laid it out and it seemed dry just after the toweling. I thought that was pretty darn nifty!

So far I totally love it and when I get some extra dough I'll get a set for my K1200LT just because I love the feel. I'm sure I'll still get some custom seats for the GS as my present drivers seat is original and starting to crack, but the sheepskin will definitely be staying a permanent accessory.
  10. craigincali

craigincali I'll try it.

Oddometer:
    So no one has a pic is a 990 with one? ??
  11. BARB

Oddometer:
    I'll take a couple pics later today on my 950. Thanks, Barb
  12. EmptiMind

EmptiMind Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer:
    Hey Barb,

I've got a DL650 and an F800GS that I'd like to move the sheepskin between. Should mention the F800GS seat is a Touratech low, which is more dished out than DS like. Seat's only about 12" wide as well. Would a small do well, or would a medium be better? Is there a benefit to having the sheepskin hanging over the sides? Appreciate the help. Thanks!
  13. BARB

Oddometer:
    A pillion 1 may be a better shape for both bikes. Thanks, Barb
  14. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the reply! Will probably go with a pillion 1 shortly.
  15. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    Barb, got the Pillion 1 and it makes a night and day difference on the strom. Super quick shipping too! Awesome deal.

Unfortunately it's too wide for the F800GS seat. The buckles are perfectly at the sides of the seat, but the seat isn't tall enough to accommodate the buckles. It makes it so you can't really tighten it down and it's loose, or the buckles have to be between the seat and the frame, which makes it so I can't lock the seat down. Do you have another suggestion for the F800gs? Or are you able to move the buckles a little on that Pillion 1 to fall under the seat? Shape wise, it's just about perfect for the Touratech seat. Thanks
  16. BARB

Oddometer:
    Either mail it back and I'll move the buckles inboard or get them moved at a local upholstery or shoe repair. I usually use a dual sport for that seat and the buckles are in a different position. Thanks, Barb
  17. BARB

Oddometer:
    For the DL, it may make it so you are sitting on the buckles
  18. EmptiMind

Oddometer:
    Plan on keeping that one for the dl, it's perfect for that bike. The SO rides it, and she really likes the sheep skin, was only a matter if time till she stole it anyway. Good to know you can move the buckles for me though. I'd like to order a modified pillion 1 from you.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  19. BARB

Oddometer:
    Got the order, it's going out today. Thanks! Barb
  20. OKlr

OKlr 25mph gate inpector

Oddometer:

I never got an answer to this. I see some pictures of natural one's that are really cool looking and others that simply have some discoloration changes. Is there a way to choose what i get? Like you show what you have in stock and i say i want that one?