Sherco clutch lever issue (2018)

Discussion in 'Trials' started by borlo, Aug 31, 2020.

1. motobene

motobene Motoing for 49 years Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can lose fluid into the transmission, unawares except the reservoir level drops.

I have a 2017 that has had a flawless slave piston, so it has gone unchanged. Don't know anything about new hoses since I haven't needed to. The a big positive change for me was the 2019 thin Belleville Spring and pressure plate with higher preload. Two parts, easier pull.

One way to avoid brake-air-entrainment issues when a bike is laid over or goes upside down is to always fill all brake reservoirs to overflowing when you put the cap back on. Let it run right over the edges and onto some paper towel. Zero air is needed between the fluid level and cap bladder.
  2. borlo

borlo Adventurer

Oddometer:

I appreciate everybody's insights. Just back from a few weeks on the road, planning on removing the hose from the slave and doing a full flush down and bleed. If that doesn't fix the problem then will look towards slave piston and/or master cylinder rebuild.

Doing some cross referencing, it looks possible to change the line out to a 2017 version in order to have a bleeder screw at the slave cylinder, but only if I change the lever to a 2017 as well due to different thread size at the lever.
    jonnyc21, Norman Foley and motobene like this.