SherpaX Dual Sport Tow-Behind Trailer

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by chriswh86, Nov 19, 2016.

1. goforth

goforth Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Out sourced some destructive weld testing to CanadaPost / USPS. Not too sure what their method is, looks like backed into by a forklift or some other heavy equipment? Looks like the welds passed, trying to find the silver lining here. Not sure if this customer is an inmate here but he has been very patient waiting a long time for his SherpaX like every one else these days, only to have it show up like this! I will work deep into the night to get him the replacement parts needed out tomorrow. As always we stand behind our product! Thankfully we were not literally standing behind this one because someone would have died....

IMG_2254.jpg IMG_2252.jpg IMG_2253.jpg
  2. dpforth

dpforth no inline fours

Oddometer:
    Other than "wow", speechless.
    goforth likes this.
  3. vhortykho

vhortykho Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That'll buff right out!

Seriously good customer service by the SherpaX Crew!
    goforth and Crosstrekfisher like this.
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    My God man!! Musta ran the forklift over it a few times!! Sorry for him and you. Thats what I call bullshit!
    goforth likes this.
  5. Redneck-Hippie

Redneck-Hippie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Side cars are made for dogs
    Motorius likes this.
  6. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Ummm...flag eee no work eee. I’ll bag my itoning skills. Hahaah!! Either the material is wrong or I just didnt get it. Oh well. Trailer got another 900 miles of abuse mostly slab but goat trails too. Yeah to the house we looked at. No thank you on that place. Did find a different one and waiting to hear on our offer! Fingers crossed.
    Oh and the right ammo box is cracking the plastic where it mounts. Even with large washer backing. Time to go back to the drawing board. Too much vibration I suppose on the rough. Tire is still taking a licking and holding up with load, speed and gravel. Surprising! Bed rolls this time on top of box (light) B1D52AD5-A0A1-4CF4-8EB0-4506E80E13F9.jpeg oh and the beer was good! Cheers!!
  7. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    You still looking at BFE or you getting a little closer to Spokane? And you ever look around the Tri-Cities? Nice area with all the wineries etc. Not too far to Hood River or the Oregon Alps.

As to the flag, anytime you get close to Seattle check out any sail maker/repairers for a custom deal. Not only do I think the material will last forever in the wind, but they’ll probable have free remnants.
  8. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Haha!! The place we found is 1/2 hour from Airway heights and 1 hour from my Family. Thats a good range for us from shopping and family. We’ll see and thanks! And the place we found has a winery right next door! He owns the house we looked at too and we like it. Huge shop too!
    The flags good its just my iron on ADV logos that ripped off! PRobably go patches this time.
  9. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    There are some real nice places up north along the river there. Though that water stays pretty cold!
  10. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Well my buddy down in Oregon who got me psyched on a trailer wants me to build him a kickstand for his moto mule after seeing mine! Ha! He sent me pics and man I forgot what a tank his model is! Woah!! Not sure what it must weigh. 4124D08C-79DE-465F-8ED5-5D7D601AD6D1.jpeg It does have these nice holes here where I will mount up these clamp hinges I rooted out real quik like then mount up the same type of hoop and wheels I have on mine. Pretty funny the day he texted me and asked if I had time to help him with a project. I thought “oh no” I dont have time for shit! But something like this was no problem! Cheers!! D9A9AED0-09B6-4F84-9D72-E579B9670922.jpeg
    Jedi2Rider and Motorius like this.
  11. steiny

steiny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Finally got tail light ,turn signal and plate mount made .

Attached Files:

goforth, majle, Aces 6 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Jedi2Rider

Jedi2Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks great!

thanks for posting pics.
  13. olegbabich

olegbabich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also need a plate here in NJ.

Did you have to get the trailer inspected?

What about VIN Number?

Close up of plate bracket?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you in advance.

Ride Safe
  14. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Wow thats some great work! Bummer they make you go through all that but it looks sweet!! I also have a C14 so give a report on how it tows behind that smooth machine!! Cheers!
    PS...what street tire is that?
  15. steiny

steiny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No inspection

I had to get a weight slip from a certified scale (34lbs. ) and a copy of bill of sale with serial # on it .

I'll get a picture of bracket later tonite.

No problem with the ????
  16. steiny

steiny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is the only pic I have of the bracket close up .

street tire is a Michelin

I loaded it up and have been running around and back and forth to work with it , Don't really feel it too much, It is harder to put up on center stand

Attached Files:

17. goforth

Oddometer:
    Well it’s here, since I agreed to build a couple custom SherpaX Super Sized for a search and rescue operation to utilize the massive 48gal actionpacker. When I got into it I quickly realized it was time to utilize my multi fictional design that I plan to tow my kayak with.

IMG_2294.jpg

The spine of this trailer is a 2x2 square aluminum tube that should be easily sourced locally. The rest of the components bolt right to the spine with not drilling required. In theory it could be 20’ long! The components for the center section could be designed to hold just about anything much like a car roof rack system. Best of all shipping will be no more then our standard SherpaX ( almost always under $100 )

IMG_2299.jpg

A 24gal actionpacker and a couple mountain bikes will fit no problem.
    View attachment 1778225 View attachment 1778226
  18. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Wow!! That is a big mutha! I really like the swing arm..looks oldschool moto days! Really cool! Cheers!
  19. goforth

Oddometer:
    Couple more pictures...

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg
  20. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Boy you really had to start from scratch on that whole project. Everything is beefier. Really looks good! If you ever get a line on a beefier shock let us know. I would think if thats the same as ours it will be crying for mercy! Haha!! I’ll take one of those swing arms please!!
    Motorius likes this.