SherpaX Dual Sport Tow-Behind Trailer

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by chriswh86, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Aces 6

Aces 6 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over

Oddometer:
    Jedi2Rider likes this.
  2. Jedi2Rider

Jedi2Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Holy Cow!!

That's huge! Man, you could put a hot tub in there! :rofl

I look forward to seeing some vids of that baby offroad.

Keep us posted on how the testing goes.
    goforth likes this.
  3. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    goforth likes this.
  4. goforth

goforth Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will have something to show in a couple weeks. Once I have some more time to mess around with my prototype. This customer has been waiting months like every one else, but it did give me the opportunity to build a design that I have had on the back burner for a long time.
  5. DaleE

DaleE TransAlp Adv

Oddometer:
    Always wanted one if there was a way to tow my WW kayak with it, but couldn't find anybody who had tried. I'll be very interested to see what you come up with.
  6. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    3AD4CFDE-9AB6-4DDC-9E5C-ED91AFEC94B5.jpeg
    While mine hath not arrived yet, I certainly believe you could easily do so!

I’m not sure what the newest Yakima Racks are like or how the bits attach but the old ones clamped on the tubes. So a set of their older saddles should easily clamp on the existing tubes though you may have to build the tubes up to clamp on with say bits of garden hose (as an example). I imagine no case in this installation.

Or you could put the case in the center, make sure firmly mounted to the frame, add a long cut of aluminum, and mount racks. Or buy/fab something like the scullers use to roof carry their singles. See pic at top.

@goforth I think it might behoove you to offer a ‘longer tongue’ option in the future.
  7. Motorius

Oddometer:
    Memorializing a conversation I had with AZ DOT today regarding if I need a title for a Sherpax.

Per the rep I spoke with, as the trailer is bolted to the bike, it is treated as a “storage compartment” and thus a part of the bike and not in need of title or plate.
    goforth, Jedi2Rider and Aces 6 like this.
  8. Beema Killa

Beema Killa Beema Killa

Oddometer:
    06707C30-A7B3-4155-A5BA-B56924CCF788.jpeg 8295C3D4-EC3F-4AD3-B6C2-C746B6C27742.jpeg 60716065-C7F9-40F2-A7E4-78221654B97F.jpeg I’m wanting one with a dual mountain bike set up too. (Mine and my 10 year old kid’s enduro bikes). Hopefully the design uses trays so front wheels don’t need to be removed. If not, I’ll order one and mount my own racks. Still use the basket for helmets and riding gear etc. powder coat black with DOT tire too. Still need to request bearing upgrade when doing the DOT tire request I’ve seen in past posts?
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  9. Motorius

Oddometer:
    205CAEDD-00C9-4D4A-B331-4BC32E18D2ED.jpeg To update what I posted previously, now ‘in writing’ from AZDOT
  10. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn laws... glad all is good for AZ. Haha!! Dont know why anyone would live there anyway:jack
    Eatmore Mudd likes this.
  11. Motorius

Oddometer:
    Sunshine? Warmth?

Happy wife? :lol3
  12. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Mexican food? Desert riding? Closer to Baja than Seattle, eh? :dj
  13. Motorius

Oddometer:
    Maria’s in Winkelman!

More of a road than desert rider but.... hoping to use an XR650L and Sherpax to both desert camp AND go to baja.
    Oldschoolrocker and Jedi2Rider like this.
  14. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to your report.
  15. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just messin’! It is a sweet place! Cheers!
    Motorius likes this.
  16. Motorius

Oddometer:
    Met @duggram yesterday about going to Baja together. Now we have to get some planning going.
  17. Motorius

Oddometer:
    I’ll be up your wY soon enough to ‘mess with you’!
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  18. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, baby! Planning is so much fun!
  19. Motorius

Oddometer:
    Well, we were in the meet-up dating phase to see if we’re compatible riding partners. I think so and I think @duggam thinks so. Though he’s a dirt rider and I’m a road rider. Now we have to work on dates.

I think tomorrow I’ll get back my XR650L from the shop. Had a bunch of small things done as it just got too hot to work in the garage and I wanted to have it ‘done’ for a short trip up to Seattle (by pickup). Always good to have a bike with ya, huh?

Will have the Sherpax soon, now have the (non) license part figured out, and have to find a Rubbermaid tote for it. Calling around here no one is carrying these! Crazy.

I want to try some desert camping in a couple months when it cools down. That’ll be the first Sherpax test for me.

As a sidebar, I rode for the 2nd time ever today what is now my favorite road in AZ in the summer. It’s from Eagar to -Pinetop-Lakeside across the Apache reservation. Not only is it beautiful scenery with big open sky, high tundra/grasslands, but... it got down to 74 degrees up there! It hit 110 as I was riding home. Needless to say you know which road I preferred today!

And incidentally if anyone reading this is ever headed across US-60 from Show Low east, this is a far better ride that 60 to Springerville. It’s worth the couple extra miles.
    Jedi2Rider and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  20. Motorius

Oddometer:
    127E43C1-BDFC-435F-A17E-D66005AF9F4D.jpeg Well well well, look what showed up!

All together, quick run thru the community, and ready to load in the truck and head north!

Maybe I should take the stickers off the box? Or just leave them there like Pearl Bailey’s hat...