SherpaX Dual Sport Tow-Behind Trailer

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by chriswh86, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sweet you lived over that way. As far as trailer loading I am thinking the weight forward and low if possible. But I have had so much at times in different places its ridiculous. Poor trailer...haha! I guess what I am saying is that before you condem the trailer for being goofy I think an effort needs to be made with the loading. I only say this cause I have experienced evil fishtailing and then none. So it can be a bit of a learning curve I suppose. And when it does fishtail it sucks!! Cheers!!
    Uncle Bugga and Motorius like this.
  2. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Going to experiment myself
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  3. Jedi2Rider

Jedi2Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, that makes sense. On a normal trailer towed by car, you need to have the majority of the weight forward of the axle, but don't know how the Sherpax handles yet.
    dpforth and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  4. Crosstrekfisher

Crosstrekfisher Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I has zero fishtailing on mine. Granted, I rarely exceeded 65 on mine and I kept my loads under 60lbs including 2 rotopax trailers. 20190618_123321.jpg
  5. Crosstrekfisher

Oddometer:
    I meant 2 rotopax tanks.
  6. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Yeah, we gotcha bro.

So do you carry both Rotopax with water? I see some extra gas strapped to the back of panniers...
  7. Crosstrekfisher

Oddometer:
    I have a 1 gallon water and 1 gallon fuel. I also carry 2 fuel bottles. I do a ton of off road during my yearly 10 day trip (lots of fishing and camping in Colorado high country). I might carry between 50 and 60 lbs in the trailer and maybe another 20 in the bike including fuel and water. It is a comfortable and easy set up. The trailer lets me almost glamp...
  8. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey Senor @goforth ,

Quick question for you concerning the Rotopax mounting points on the trailer...would a non-Rotopax mount work there as well (e.g. Orandesigne Long Haul 1.3 gallons) or will the design only accept Rotopax?
  9. rrindfield

rrindfield Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can mount whatever type of mount you want. The trailer is non-specific and provides a flat area on both sides of the trailer for mounting.
    Jedi2Rider and Motorius like this.
  10. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Excellent. Thanks.
  11. Earthscape

Earthscape Have ya got a helmut?

Oddometer:
    Does this indicate that perhaps in the future there will be a hitch for the existing Sherpax model that works on other single-sided shaft drive bikes, such as the Tiger Explorer?
  12. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Heres a camping pic from Tuesday! Wuuhooo! One night in the tent 2 previous nights in a motel. About 900 miles of slab. Trailer and tire on it showing wear but all is good. Hit 94 -100 degree weather on the way home, along with a closure of I 90 causing a detour route home. Long day! 6A309B79-82FC-4824-85EF-E7F9E01F815D.jpeg Let the fun begin in my new shop!! Hell yeah! All signed sealed and delivered! Cheers!! 5FFEAE1B-8190-447B-B530-9896F5692C0A.jpeg
    AlexHawnPhoto, majle, Aces 6 and 3 others like this.
  13. Motorius

Motorius Road trippin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m seriously jealous... of the shop.
  14. goforth

goforth Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is a possibility, in theory we could hitch to the Tiger Explorer.
  15. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    OK, that is one seriously cool shop. You will have many happy shopness there.

Of course, remember the Man Law about the garage fridge:

[starts at 1:03]

Not nearly as important, but does a house come with your shop too?
  16. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Hahah!! Good stuff! Yeppers on the house with land of course. Ohh and as far as the beer fridge..I have one that holds a full size keg with tap on outside...that should do! Cheers!
    Motorius likes this.
  17. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    So if you need to unhook the trailer from the bike early in the morning, dark, and you cant put down the center stand on the trailer, fully loaded, dont be like me and think you’ll just whip out the skewer real quik like...no! Shit flopped over and then I had to deal with getting this out! Got it and made it to work on time all sweaty...sheeiiiiit!!! I’ll straighten it out and this weekend we’ll do a overnighter at “WETFEST” with some real heavy hitter (partiers) FF’s. Cant miss it! Cheers! D3189161-E2DE-4A20-8584-688E816D1708.jpeg
    Motorius and Jedi2Rider like this.
  18. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting this. Very edifying. You've already made my day, and I'm not laughing at you [although I do have a fun image of you trying to pull this out with your ninja speed!].

Even a man of your multitudinous talents can make a mistake (just every once in a while, mind you). I understand that, we all understand that--a little sleepy, distracted, whatever--but sometimes it's a bit hard to convince the missus that mistakes just happen and then you move on. :scratch

This one is firmly in the category of "mistake-you'll-never-make-again" and now I won't ever have to make this particular one thanks to you.
  19. NorthIdaho800gsa

NorthIdaho800gsa Bad influence

Oddometer:
    Yeah, there is like $8k in panniers there.....lol
  20. Jedi2Rider

Oddometer:
    On other hand, traveling with a microwave and portable generator can be awfully comfortable sometimes! :lol2