Shipping from Toronto to Victoria

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Piki42, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Piki42

Piki42 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi all:

I'm in the midst of a very frustrating attempt to figure out how to get my bike over to Victoria BC from Toronto ON.

I've checked with a few companies and they're all incredibly expensive. The quotes I've received so far are: Air Canada ($2,100 to Vancouver), Mackie ($1,700) and TFX ($1,500).

I was really hoping to have this done for about $1,000.

Would appreciate any advice, potential options or recommendations. Otherwise, I might have to store it for the winter and then figure out a way to ride her out in the spring. Not ideal but I can't justify spending $1,500 on this given all the other moving expenses.
  2. CCitis

CCitis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can get it there for you... next Spring when the weather is nice ;) Cool fly and ride opportunity.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Crazy Canuck

Oddometer:
    Vancouver Island, Bitchin' Columbia, Canada
  4. jlw

jlw Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We used J.R Hall transport from Niagara to Abbotsford. We packed 3 bike in a home made crate, same size as two standard Pallet. “48x48”

IIRC it was $400 per pallet equivalent.

Picked up at a commercial dock that had a forklift. delivered to a place with a commercial dock who also had a forklift.
  5. gumbellion

gumbellion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Use USHIP especially if you are flexible on dates.

i have shipped 3 of my bikes using their service with the most expensive time costing 520 from ontario to the rockys. enclosed trailer, awesome service, door to door service. Like they pick it up at your house, you sign a bill of lading and they drop it where you said. the only thing is you need to have someone pre-identified at the drop off location
  6. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've never been quoted less than 800. Though a friend of mine had an apartment moved for like $500 through uship, but that was a good 5+ years ago.

When was the last time you've used it?
  7. gumbellion

gumbellion Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also live on the trans-canada, not Red Lake which i am sure plays into their pricing. I just checked and the exact cost was $525 for the most expensive bike i have shipped and i also had a spare tire and a box of assorted farkles that went with it.
    I also have never used the specific dates option, but put it out for bid with a wide time frame to pick up and drop off and always during the winter
    Edit: The last company that shipped a bike for me through Uship was
    Dewinton Maintenance
    · Rob Atkinson
    · (403) 805-7553

Also do you ever see someone ripping around up there on a street legal XR400? I should have never sold that bike and would love to buy it back
    cmattina likes this.
  8. cmattina

cmattina Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No. Never seen one in town! I wish though. Could use some riding buddies

As for prices, I think they may have gone up. I always get quotes from Dryden. Which is RIGHT on the trans Canada.

Either way, the company I use charges $400 flat. Not found through uship.
  9. MiltonHog

MiltonHog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You might want to check with your tax service. If this is a move regarding change of employment you may be able to add it as a moving expense. Relocation of a vehicle should be allowable. You won't get the tax refund till spring but I would try it.