1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Shipping my bike back to the Philippines

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Andiflip, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Andiflip

Andiflip Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought a new GSA 1200 in 1980 in Manila , drove it for around 6 months in the RP and was transferred to Muscat, Oman,, i brought the bike with me here and am now moving back to the Philippines in the next few months. Does anyone know if i have to pay duty to bring it back to the Philippines and if so how much approximately.??? thanks guys:D :freaky
  2. deepstar

deepstar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You should give it to an expat in Oman as a leaving gift :rofl
  3. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    Contact Micheal at MBs Garden Inn at Cebu . He will know. Web www.mbs.ph or ring reception +63 915 7419236 and they will give u his mobile no . There is a lot of large import bikes there. Cheers Toddy
  4. axus_auto

axus_auto n00b

Oddometer:
    Oh dear, you must really love the bike ...
  5. Mountain Cruiser

Mountain Cruiser Banned

Oddometer:
    I think the lack of answers is do to there not being a one size fits all answer. There are variables in the equation that can not be estimated until you are knee deep in alligators, if you know what I mean. :evil

You'll need a good frieght forwarder to get the bike there and then a really good customs agent. Even then there are "variables" that may raise there head.

Riceman
  6. YnotJP?

YnotJP? Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know a fellow who imported a Harley from Japan, he said he had no problems, and said that was because he got Pior Approval from Customs to bring it into the Philippines.

I don't know, because I had all kinds of problems (read here, paid lots of money, and took months) when I imported a Jeep Wrangler from the USA.
  7. 250txc

250txc Husqvarna Dirtbike Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did you get your bike back into the country?
  8. hondav2

hondav2 Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer:
    I have just returned home from Cebu and was told the best way to import a bike is to strip it and put in in Balikbayan boxs , i asked what happens if u get caught, give it to them as its cheaper to loose the bike than pay the duty was the answer . Cheers Toddy
  9. 250txc

250txc Husqvarna Dirtbike Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I imported my Husky last year and it was expensive and I am told now that the tax is 100% of the cost but the story always changes here ...

I'd just buy a bike here and sell it wen leaving ... I might can help you as I live here now ... Just send me a PM ...

The requirements and pay is sort of like this for importing a bike here for staying, as I did with my Husky ... you are a little different as you want to import and take your bike back in a few months so the 13a visa probably will not apply ...

1) Must have a 13a visa -- but this can be waiver for a price
    2) original title of bike
    3) import taxes --- cost once was ~35% of new cost of bike but I am told now it is 100% so not sure ..
    4) there will be a few other smaller charges for moving the bike around on the pier and such ...

I'd too bad this place makes bringing a bike so much of a big deal ... The riding here is great ...