Short MX-boots?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by moxford, Jun 24, 2019.

1. moxford

moxford Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of Forma Predator 2.0 MX boots (with the lugs) that I usually wear. They're amazing. Love them, even for short hikes. Pure win.

But they're a bit much just because they're so tall. I've love to find a "short" version of them, something that's well above the ankles but not full-on MX boot.

Any suggestions on a shorter boot that has the same level of protection? :)

TIA!
    -mox
  2. Hollywood D

Hollywood D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Astars Belize are shorter than most
  3. motokeith

motokeith Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know how short you are thinking, but there are "shorty" boots out there that are like the height of a work boot. I think they were popular with the cool crowd or something a few years ago. Don't really see much about them these days. Do some googling for "shorty mx boot" and you'll find stuff.
  4. moxford

moxford Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I was thinking more "3/4 MX" height... just lose the big shin plate and make it a little shorter overall, but with the same protection/build otherwise.

The Belize drops the protection levels, just like the Sidi Adventure/Adventure2 or the Forma Adventure/Terra Evo/etc. Not quite what I was looking for.

Cheers!
  5. markk53

markk53 jack of all trades...

Oddometer:
    There were some ATV boots that were like 3/4 high as the MX. Try a google on ATV boots. If you wear a 10 or 13 Dennis Kirk has a closeout on Fly Maverik boots, under $100

The short workboot type are still around and called Pit bike boots. A-star and AXO made them AXO were called Slammers.
  6. DISCOxTIGER

DISCOxTIGER Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of Revit Discovery and I like them quite a bit. I got em on a pretty good discount though, not sure I'd pay full retail. I've worn them through a PNW winter and a bit on the trail, but nothing gnarly. They've stayed dry and they're pretty comfortable. They feel like they'll take a beating but I haven't really tested it out yet.