Should I ship my bike to Singapore?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Saulo, Mar 29, 2008.

1. AJ..

AJ.. Long timer

Oddometer:

I am really sorry to hear dude...any outcome yet?
    I've have cut and paste some of your post to another local forum on a vara thread just to warn them a little.
  2. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Asheville, NC/ Muntinlupa City, Philippines
    Thanks, so far no reply on the other board. This dealer has told me he is not shipping what I paid for and is not refunding my money. He thinks because I am not there he can get away with it. I just hope I can prevent others from going through this by warning everyone of this guy.
  3. Solstice0000

Solstice0000 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Fustercluck, sorry to see you go thru this frustration - pretty much the same thing happened to me when I made a purchase from a UK e-tailer.

There is, in fact, a non-profit consumer rights group that has had considerable success representing the rights of consumers against some less than honest retailers. It is called the Consumers Association of Singapore - do check out their website (www.case.org.sg) and file a complaint with them.

Don't let any fraudster get away just because you are thousands of miles away. I'm not an apathetic fence-sitter and such dishonest people really piss me off - so if you need any local assistance (I'm in Singapore), let me know. I'm not on this site much but you may email me at solstice0000@yahoo.com

GOOD LUCK!
  4. Fustercluck

Oddometer:
    Thanks very much I appreciate it. Email sent.
  5. OzRoundin'

OzRoundin' Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do note though, CASE in certain instances have their hands tied behind their backs. Have you tried approaching paypal and ask for some help or advice?
  6. Fustercluck

Oddometer:
    Yes I filed a complaint with PAypal. They investigated and ruled in my favor but during that time this dealer drained his paypal account and stopped using them so they cannot recover my funds. This has been one drawn out nightmare that I hope no one else has to expereience. Avoid this dealer like the plague.
  7. OzRoundin'

OzRoundin' Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    approach the banks... they are legally bound to recover money like that .. coupling that with paypal's endorsement maybe (just maybe) they can write in and inform him that this is a criminal offence where he can be arrested for.... might scare him into submission

major banks in Singapore = DBS bank. POSB bank. UOB bank.
  8. etmoto

etmoto Adventurer

Oddometer:
    These are the people who spoils the market in Asia and Singapore, which i hope no other guys here have experience bad purchasing in Singapore or Asia.:D