Shovelheads, Where have they gone?

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Nessman, May 15, 2013.

1. riggpigg

riggpigg Known,but not famous Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fi%cmL50Rue1KvY5em71eA.jpg I like this better than the tear drop S&S, Im waiting on an enrichment lever......
  2. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
  3. riggpigg

Oddometer:
    Its a 77, I think the front fender was repainted. When I got it I thought it had all been repainted because I didn't remember ever seeing the color. After some research on Colorrite's web site, they did indeed offer this color in 77 and 78. I traded an original paint kinda rough 65 FLH for it, then found my 2006 FLH w/car so I figured Id sell it. Then I got to messing with it and I rode it a bit I decided to hang on to it. Ill slowly get it whipped into shape, I have an electronic ignition for it but its hard for me to work on it with the car on. Im gonna take the tub off soon and get some things done. It has the RH muffler on wrong and both have leaks, no big issues just small stuff. I found the NOS tour pak lid a while back and you can see the paint is a little different.......its a rider, its ok.
    trumpet likes this.
  4. trumpet

trumpet Group W Bench

Oddometer:
    I let my 1968 rig go last year, only thing I don't miss is car removal for regular maintenance. Even the timer\points were a literal pain to service.

Nice to see such a stock rig. Enjoy.
  5. Sidecar Jockey

Sidecar Jockey Bike Doctor

Oddometer:
    IMG_7909.JPG
    Philthy64, pnhd65, plugeye and 8 others like this.
  6. FLGSARider

FLGSARider Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  7. Wildebeest90210

Wildebeest90210 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pinched off insta, I actually quite like this

upload_2020-5-3_22-12-58.png
    trumpet and stoney4vida like this.
  8. goatroper

goatroper Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why? Asking for a friend.
  9. Wildebeest90210

Oddometer:
    Might be something to do with the bottle and a half of claret consumed, I'll have another look in the morning.
  10. Wildebeest90210

Oddometer:
    I think it's cos it reminds me of this.....

goatroper likes this.
  11. C.Hensley

C.Hensley Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure if I posted my 77 Lowrider on here before or not....but here she is....not great pics. Thought about selling but shovel prices don't seem to be that decent and I have a huge amount of time and money into the ol' girl. Eventually I will put her back on the road and ride.
    KIMG0146.JPG KIMG0147.JPG
  12. riggpigg

Oddometer:
    Never put emblems or decals on a motorcycle tank setting on a bench, always on the bike.............
    spokester, shupe and Overdog like this.
  13. riggpigg

Oddometer:
    Picked up this slick little one owner for a buddy today..........needs some attention to a few details but she ought to shine right up......:jack
    He will make her slick in no time....74......
    IMG_7148.JPG IMG_7152.JPG
    Scoozi, velofish, spokester and 3 others like this.
  14. Sidecar Jockey

Sidecar Jockey Bike Doctor

Oddometer:
    Nice! I hope you keep the original paint. One of those 'paint-less dent repair' places should be able to pop that dent out of thank for you for ~$100.

You can't beat original paint on old bikes.
    spokester likes this.
  15. riggpigg

Oddometer:
    Im not sure which way he will go, the rear fender is pretty rusty on top and the front has been bobbed...but yes, thats a dent that would pull out easy if the paint will hold....motor kicks over good and has sumped, of course, but he's really talented and no doubt he will treat this right....
  16. shupe

shupe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Agreed. It's a shame someone lopped off the front of the front fender.
    pnhd65 likes this.
  17. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    @riggpigg, back in the day two of my friends, brothers, bought matching '74s in that same color on the same day from the same dealer. One bike was great, the other broke down before even leaving the dealer - loose points cam if memory serves. The problematic bike continued to be unreliable, always something wrong, so the brother sold it. That buyer eventually gave up on it when he somehow managed to break his ankle trying to start it. Broken angle guy sold it to a friend (Stan) who was hit by a car while riding it and lost half his left leg. Stan eventually got himself and bike back on the road, but then he died of some weird ass heart disease before he was 30.
    Sorry for the hijack, but if that bike was ever registered in Washington...:-)
  18. riggpigg

Oddometer:
    DAYUMMMM......Thats a sad but hilarious story.............the way the corners are knocked off on her it could very well be the possessed super glide of your youth.......LMAO...
    I gotta send this story to the guy that bought it from me.....he may want his money back!!!!! Thanks for the story, I may embellish it a bit....not that that is needed.....LOL
  19. vicster

vicster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, embellish away. I was thinking about this bike off and on throughout the day, and I left out the parts about it being stolen, having a little fire, and Stan marrying it. Much to his then girlfriend's chagrin. Nice ceremony though.

Aaand now I'm going crazy trying to remember the brothers' names. One of them was this big bearded dude with crazy eyes. Ya know, where one is looking at you and the other is looking for you?

Ah, misspent youth, ya can't make this shit up.
  20. riggpigg

Oddometer:
    Ah yes.........blue eyes. One blew east one blew west..........