Show off your ATV/Quad!

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by antwon412, Apr 15, 2018.

1. antwon412

antwon412 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a couple in the past. A Honda 250ex. A Suzuki King Quad 700. Sold them a while back before we moved.

Recently picked up father in laws older 1991 trx250x. He’s moving so I get until he decides he might want it back. Most likely I’ll keep it though for my boys. He wants them to learn how to ride.

It needs some work. But it will be fun taking it out. Coworker has a quad so he and I can ride.

What do you all ride? Stock pic. Mine needs new tires and a handlebar and light. He rolled it at some point. Plus he spray painted it For some stupid reasons n. And did a terrible job. Looked wretched. I’ve been removing the paint for a week now.
    359FA507-9BCE-4484-9A59-FCC90FC344F3.jpeg
    Chillis likes this.
  2. Bucho

Bucho DAMNrider

Oddometer:
    I had a quad a while back. I enjoyed it while I had it. They have their use for work/carrying stuff.

I can see no reason to ever go back to one for fun riding. Dirtbikes are so much better!
  3. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like ATV's, especially the utility models, for really gnarly crawling.

Or anything really loose like sand, heavy gravel, etc.
    Blakebird likes this.
  4. Tallbastid

Tallbastid Stay Grateful Supporter

Oddometer:
    A fast quad in a sandpit/gravel pit can't be beat. I've spent hours fishtailing with quads my buddies owned (Honda 250R, 450r, 400EX). I'll see if I can dig up a picture of his old 250R - that thing was sick.
  5. Bucho

Bucho DAMNrider

Oddometer:
    I sort of came into a quad thread and dissed them compared to a dirtbike. Sorry guys, that was kind of a douche move.

Im not really against quads. Pretty much any sort of powersport vehicle is fun.
  6. JDUBinCO

JDUBinCO Mass Centralized

Oddometer:
    I think I'll be the proud owner of a utility quad soon. It will be the wife's/hunting/odd jobs at a mountain property/ have fun with the kids. Should compliment my desire to dirt bike more.

I'm looking at new/lightly used Sportsman 450ho unless I find out why another is better.
  7. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've never felt the need to apologize for enjoying our 4 wheel friends. I've always found them to be fun and as
    I get older find them even better for "smell the roses" rides where you don't have to focus your concentration
    on the trail as much as a motorcycle requires. May have seen some of these from other ATV threads.:dunno

This 750 Kawasaki Brute is just that, a brute! Good gun hauler though.

[​IMG]

The 360 Prairie is my trail cleaning machine...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 650 Prairie is the designated plow machine in winter and loaner for rides.

[​IMG]

I'm getting the grand kids started too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She just handed the 50 down to her sister and I got her a Sportsman 90.
    She loves the reverse and I removed the restrictions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are liking it so much I got them a RZR 170 too. Tricked it out a little with
    reservoir shocks, sound, trailer hitch and a light bar. I think it's her favorite.:D

[​IMG]
    krautman, rootsy, henpecked and 2 others like this.
  8. jasonmt

jasonmt Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am a Can-Am guy:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pluric likes this.
  9. Stroked 550

Stroked 550 Dirt Nut

Oddometer:

thats a nice ride but I think you need more farkels :imaposer
  10. discochris

discochris Stayin' Alive

Oddometer:
    Sometimes the Twin Cities, Sometimes NW Wisconsin
    The 500 Suzuki is mine, though that's my wife and son all bundled up on it. I don't recall why she was riding mine that day. Maybe the boy wanted to ride with mom?

The Polaris is actually my wife's. It's more capable as a working machine, but much less fun on the trails because it feels so much heftier.

suz.jpg pol.jpg
  11. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Bumping this thread. Heading out west in a month or so with the bike in the toy hauler. And the polaris in the truck bed. Any quad love around here lately? [​IMG]
  12. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have 'loved' my Mv7 each time I plowed the driveway rather than shoveled it this winter. The poor thing has worked almost every mile of it's life, pushing the plow, pulling a York rake, carrying hundreds of pounds of concrete mix and lumber. Other than the plowing it was all part of trail Maintenance on the dirt bike trails MVTR maintains and those repaired after it's events. I guess you could say that it has retired to a more leisurely lifestyle these days. Once upon a time I built it a 'skidder attachment' so that we could move trees more easily, no idea how to do pictures anymore or I'd show that.

Bruce
    rick danger likes this.
  13. hugemoth

hugemoth Big Brother is watching you!

Oddometer:
    When I retired a few years ago I started spending winters camping out in Arizona. Quickly found out that many of the trails are in washes with deep gravel and sand which is a struggle on my bikes. Wasn't sure I'd like riding a quad so I bought a cheap Chinese quad. I like it so much that I no longer bring a 2 wheel bike with me, only the quad.

The Taotao 250 Rhino has proven to be simple and reliable. Just passed 500 hours and its never missed a beat. Just oil changes and valve adjustments. Brand new delivered in the factory crate was $1186.00. Has the Honda CG clone engine, manual clutch 4 speed with reverse. Best purchase I've made in years. IMG_20190221_082128_977.jpg
  14. rick danger

rick danger The further adventures of

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I've found chinese stuff to be a crap shoot. Sometimes you're lucky and it works,and sometimes it dont. I feel like clint eastwood is with me when I'm at the harbor freight store. :lol3
  15. pluric

Oddometer:
    My four wheel sport fix.....

1. [​IMG]
    The work horse.

1. [​IMG]
    It's also my night hunter. These give me a bright path to find the rabbits.

1. [​IMG]

I am getting old.:gerg I enjoy having a full comfortable seat and being able to take a passenger(s).
    The green one is a my beach hauler and is great for all round use. Not as long as most 4 seaters
    so using it on the trail works well too.
    krautman likes this.
  16. Bappo

Bappo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a 2004 sportman 400 and 2008 kingquad 750. Every year I ponder switching to a UTV but end up putting it off after using the ATVs in the woods for a bit and the $$$$ needed to make the switch. Even used ones are in $$$ demand in da UP and old ATVs aren't worth much. The 400 is great for extended family because it is soooooo easy to use.
  17. Creation

Creation Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does this count?

Attached Files:

18. pluric

Oddometer:
    I don't think the shocks are long enough.:eekers:D
  19. bug67

bug67 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My Grizzly 700

[​IMG]
  20. Robb Mc

Robb Mc what?

Oddometer:
    So, does owning a quad make you fat, or do only fat people buy quads? A question I’ve pondered for years.

This is mine (it’s a great tractor/runabout/trailer puller on our 10 acres):

Attached Files: