1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Show us your 790 graphics, paint jobs, rattle can specials, bedliner?

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by braaap!, Nov 26, 2019.

1. CaseyB

CaseyB Adventually Supporter

Oddometer:
    Didn’t know it was yours or I would of chosen my words differently.

if it makes you happy, congrats
    Anidemsaiasi likes this.
  2. Anidemsaiasi

Anidemsaiasi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :jack thanks!!!
  3. kzeb

kzeb Been here quite some time

Oddometer:
  4. Anidemsaiasi

Anidemsaiasi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just a organge-white-black camo and enduristan logos :rayof
    kzeb likes this.
  5. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Who are you kidding? A tiger ain't changin his stripes! :photog
  6. Bluetonguejak

Bluetonguejak Pretend racer

Oddometer:
  7. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    The almost retro green above is catching. I also appreciate that the designer actually thought out the layout of the lettering carefully. Something lacking in so many of these graphics packages imo.

I poached this photo below from earlier in the forum somewhere as an example of what I really like & dislike in a package. On one hand I LOVE the lighter shade of orange used, and I really like the fork guard graphics. But the side plastics look wonk! First the lettering/graphics look jumbled rather than being laid out clearly, and as an aside - I'm not so hot for all the web addresses, or even the 'adv products'. Even if thats in the full name of the company I feel all that could have been left out. I think CAMEL with the camel graphic should be enough to be recognizable for this great company. I would have liked all the extraneous stuff left out in the main areas, and then placed in a discreet part of the bike such as the area beside the headlight, similar to what is there now.

If I go with a white scheme, I'd love those fork guards though. LOVE those. Then I'd delete the .com stuff or adv products, throw on a white fender and add another graphic there, and perhaps the web address along the fenders sides.

EDIT: If anyone has other angles of the graphics below I'd love to see them. Thanks. The side plastics may just suffer from a poor angle. @Camel ADV ?

CAMEL ADV 790 Graphics!.JPG
    zomborger likes this.
  8. No-Fret

No-Fret Tanker

Oddometer:
    Zebra stripes 20191202_141801.jpg
  9. Ride!

Ride! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m going to rhino line the plastics excluding the tank this week. Did the same thing to the 950 and it was bombproof. Going for the stealth look for riding around Central America. I’ll update when it get it all back together.
    typeamark, TrailTrauma and No-Fret like this.
  10. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    F'n A. This was always my go-to idea for my 790 until I began considering that if I wanted to add graphics, or stickers the pebble finish would exclude that possibility so I've held off. If I Line-X my bike, I'd begin playing with the idea of stenciling logos on, but I ain't no arts and crafts dude. ha
    Ride! likes this.
  11. braaap!

braaap! Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    C'mon man. Cut me some slack, geez :)

I'm happy to live with my 790R as it is but I can't help myself muckin around...
    My other bikes have simply had various stickers applied because I like stickers (decals for you NA guys), for the products I use and have fitted... But now I'm tending away from being a billboard for sponsors, who don't actually sponsor :)

I'm thinking I should simply have sublimated graphics... 'SLOW, OLD and SMELLY'... Plus a couple of small 'getoff my fcukin lawn'! logotypes strategically placed... angled, opposite to the direction of forward movement, slightly blurred...

I'm really aiming for a more stealthy, muted scheme so that the inevitable old codger exchange on the petrol station forecourt is like...
    'WTF is that?...'

Me...
    'It's a KTM Unicorn'... They're mysterious and invisibles... How is it you can see it?.. Magic happens!'

:photog
    CaseyB and TrailTrauma like this.
  12. JBW70

JBW70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is my 790 R. I’m really happy with how it turned out (decals from Race Star Graffix in South Africa - great to deal with).

Attached Files:

CaseyB, braaap!, No-Fret and 5 others like this.
  13. braaap!

Oddometer:
    Looks choice!
    What is that pipe?.... @JBW70
  14. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist

Oddometer:
    Look like 2nd gen Rade Sharon exhaust. The 1st gen was shorter.
  15. JBW70

JBW70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks bro! TrailTrauma is right - it’s a Sharon pipe. Sounds awesome!
  16. Oceandiving954

Oceandiving954 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks awesome. I plan to order , how to install is the big question .. would love your feedback.
  17. braaap!

Oddometer:
  18. JBW70

JBW70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Installation takes a while if you’re being careful, but the decals from Racestargraffix are really good quality and come pre-glued, so it’s just a matter off peeling off the backing and applying it with one of these decal squeegee applicators (this one is 3M); they’re available online for under $10. I seem to recall @TrailTrauma had a tip about trimming off 10mm of the outer backing so you could place it easily before smoothing it down

The decals are all pre-cut and there was no need to trim it at all. Racestargraffix will put any design you want on it and send you proofs via PDF for approval. They’re great to deal with (I’m in no way affiliated; just very happy).

upload_2019-12-5_5-56-52.jpeg
    CaseyB and Oceandiving954 like this.
  19. JBW70

JBW70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah sure mate - I don’t have one saved but we’re riding on Saturday morning so I’ll record one then and post it on Sunday. It sounds pretty rorty when you’re cracking the throttle, but for cruising along it’s actually pretty quiet. I was worried that it would annoy me in highway-type sections (we ride from Brisbane to Phillip Island for the GP), but it doesn’t at all. The sound is muted and is all out behind you.

Speaking of the Sharon pipe, I found that Rapid Bike in Brisbane have an EVO auto-tune unit that adjusts the open loop and closed loop AF mixture if you’re removing the cat. It’s also programmable for quickshifter, full mapping, compression braking, etc (although I haven’t gone that far with it yet).

My dyno printouts are virtually identical to what Rottweiler has recently posted. AF ratio is now around 13.2 across the board at all throttle openings and the bike runs beautifully. It was about $800 AUD installed. Removing the cat comes down to personal choice of course and I don’t want to start that argument about the pros and cons again here - but my point is that if you’re thinking of removing the cat for whatever reason, there’s no need to worry that your bike will suddenly explode or run like a bag of shit....there are easy solutions out there for you now.
  20. JBW70

JBW70 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    They’re still under there! Peel the after market ones off when you sell the bike and hey presto!
    Oceandiving954 and TheGr8Pumpkin like this.