Show us your vintage MX/enduro gear, waxed cotton, leather tool bags, boots, helmets, etc, etc

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by FJ_Kevin, May 12, 2017.

1. elcabong

elcabong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for some identification information from you 70's MX racers and riders. Specifically the manufacturer for two of the face/mouth guards in the photos. I've owned the items since my racing days in the mid- 70's however my memory is lapsing. Google University has no information that I could find.

1. JOFA Mouth Guard
    JOFA.jpg

Can you identify the MFG? Torsten Hallman?
    Hallman.jpg hallman2.jpeg
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe the red one is also a Jofa, they had multiple styles over a short period of time.

The black one looks like it could be a JT Racing product.
    elcabong likes this.
  3. elcabong

elcabong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dude, you're awesome. I found one - mentioned it was a John Banks face mask. Thank you!
  4. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority Supporter

Oddometer:
    There were a ton of different companies making face guards. I think your ID of the black one being a John Banks is correct.

Look at the different styles JT made!

MX face guards.jpg

Face guards were really popular with the BMX guys too, you might check to see if it could be something from BMX
    yamahamxr, elcabong and aptbldr like this.
  5. EricV

EricV Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool thread. Love those jerseys in the OP’s post- had some of the exact same ones back in the seventies. Wish I’d held onto some of my old stuff.

This is my old Schott Bros. jacket- over 30 years old. Not really suitable as a riding jacket anymore- have had issues with old/dried out stitching coming loose (so- over the years- have honed my sewing skills as I can’t let the thing die!)

C05D1248-EAA8-4930-A8EF-4B80DCCEA7DB.jpeg

Edit: Ha- looks better in pics than real life...it’s actually quite beat (which is what makes them great.)
    spokester likes this.
  6. specdog

specdog Perpetual search for roads unused.

Oddometer:
    When the first year Elsinore CR125 arrived in 1974 I bought one. I picked up this jersey at a Honda dealership the same year. Vintage MX 002.jpg