Sidecar Operator Training in Pa.

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by claude, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Feo

Feo Commentator

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, I'll be watching this thread.
    claude likes this.
  2. RNMedic

RNMedic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking for more accurate dates. Can my wife come along just as the passenger? any good campgrounds close, coming from Ohio we'll trailer the wing and hack and stay in the RV.
    claude likes this.
  3. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    First session is TENTATIVE ...June 8-11....This IS NOT confirmed. A full agenda and details including campgrounds and such will be posted here as soon as possible. . Our website is not live yet but all the details will be there as well. It will be 'Sidecar Training .com' .....
    Bobmws likes this.
  4. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Waiting for firm dates. My wife has some travel coming up and one of us has to be home for the dogs, sheep and chickens...
    claude likes this.
  5. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    I cannot actually say the dates are confirmed and feel comfortable about it yet. pulling together some loose ends etc. This will happen and it will be a fun learning experience for all who attend. I want to thank Ramey Stroud for his support in this and for all here on the homefront for making it happen for the sidecar world and potential sidecar world as we move forward. This is , again, a sidecar only training session with a rally atmosphere. We will all have fun with a serious goal. Classroom will cover sidecar theory, setup , mounting procedures and so forth followed by an open discussion on any of the above as well as providing a question and answer session to boot. The range exercises can be done with your own rig after we look it over for safety purposes or on our own rigs provided. At this time we will be utilizing two KLR based outfits and one F650 BMW rig. I also want to thank Al Butterfield for voluteering to work on the range when his schedule allows it. Al, known as 'fly' to many was partners with me when we did the sidecar training sessions at the ISOK Sidecar RON DEE VOOs in years past. He was on eof the original MSF instructors years ago. John and Angie from the shop will also be invloved in a big way of course. ..... In the future we are planning to also do some true off road training an d as Coach ramey says " A dirt road is not off road".... more late ron that as plans unfold. One other topic that may be dealt with is sidecar camping and this may be incorporated with the off road sessions. These ARE NOT in conjunction with the training being offered beginning hopefully beginning in June. More to come soon.
  6. Switchglide12

Switchglide12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am interested as well. I will be watching this
    claude likes this.
  7. Jim K in PA

Jim K in PA Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am going to refer a friend of mine to you. We just took a maiden voyage on his RT than I set up with the Jupiter for him. I think he might benefit from the training. :D
  8. Tall Man

Tall Man Priest, Temple of Syrinx

Oddometer:
    Can you provide some clarity on your inspection standards? Presume that an owner's rig is in good repair and running order. Do you have any discrete requirements that might not be common knowledge? Thanks.
  9. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    All safety related of course. The mounting system must be acceptable. Take a look at the video I posted today on my facebook page ( claude stanley..............there will be a red sidecar and a white sidecar at the top of the page)....the video will show unacceptable mounts! ..... No worries I do not think we will see many , or any, rigs that will not be okay. If so, we will have our own rigs here also.
  10. Tall Man

Tall Man Priest, Temple of Syrinx

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I'll monitor this thread to stay abreast of your course offering(s).
  11. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Sorry to be so vague but it is a tough question. Safety is always first. More info is coming as soon as possible....we are moving forward.
    Tall Man likes this.
  12. imnothng

imnothng Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much would you charge to use one of your rigs?

I'm very interested in the sidecar life, and this would be a great way I think to "try" it out and see if it is really for me.
  13. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    The cost will be the same whether using your rig or ours. Details will be forthcoming.
    1bmwmc, imnothng and Bobmws like this.
  14. charliebrown

charliebrown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Claude, Any more updates? Reading this thread, sounds like there is a lot of interest!
  15. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    We are moving forward with things ,,,, will have updates soon. Hang tight :-)
    zookster, 1bmwmc and charliebrown like this.
  16. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Just to be candid we do have two training rigs in place and will be getting a third one as soon as possible. We also have three venues available. Liability insurance is in process and has been approved from one source .
  17. charliebrown

charliebrown Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sweet! Thank you.
    1bmwmc and claude like this.
  18. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    It is coming soon...... training.jpg
    zookster and brstar like this.
  19. Bobmws

Bobmws Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer:
    IntergalaCtical.....just sayin' :-)
    DRONE likes this.
  20. claude

claude Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    LOL....I didn't write that and never noticed the wrong spelling .
    Bobmws likes this.