Sidi Flexforce boots

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Richard Ray, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Richard Ray

Richard Ray Musical Motard

Oddometer:
    I ran a search but need more opinions.

I went to my local store wearing my BMW Savanna boots, looking for something with more ankle support for dual sport riding. (I just bought a used KLR and I'm looking forward to riding places I wouldn't think of taking the big GS.)

I was thinking a Sidi "Discovery" boot, but the sales guy started raving about the Flexforce and I'm a sucker for pretty high tech well packaged stuff. It felt pretty good Almost comfortable right out of the box but....can you actually walk in these things?
  2. bmwblake

bmwblake upside down parker

Oddometer:
    i tried some of these on a few weeks ago at a local shop. i was looking for some good offroad boots. after trying on some cheaper ones that felt like crap i tried the flexforce and they felt great. i think they'd be good for riding protection and short walks off the bike, but not for any length of time.
    i was told that they dont really break in much at all, that they're always going to be tight due to the "hinge" that's built into them.

really nice boots, but a bit more coin that i was willing to part with.
  3. Mack

Mack Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer:
    Awesome boots. They are a bit tall, stiff and a bit restrictive relative to street boots, and I doubt you will find any pants or riding suits that will fit over them. (I can't wear my stitch with them for this reason, but there are few times where I would want to wear such a combo anyway.)

That said, they rock! They really offer some foot, ankle, lower leg and shin protection. (Apart from abrasion protection, most boots offer little other protection at all.)

I think the Sidi Flex Force are very well made, they fit my average to narrow size thirteens quite well. If you have large feet, you might consider the Flex Force SRS, as the footprint is a bit shorter and narrower then the conventional sole model. I can't think of anything else to add, did I mention I love'em!

PS: I would grab a set of the Sidi boot gaiters as well, they come in real handy for rain, and will even slow water ingress down a bit during water crossings.
  4. Shelton

Shelton Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep! Flexforce are great I was test them in hard desert condition many times and they still work good for me ;)
    The funny thing is if you back from hard rocky trail to the town you can easy walk to the nearest bar and drink a beer. Try walk in MX shoes....
  5. RICHXHELL

RICHXHELL Scooterist

Oddometer:
    Great boots, loads of protection, replacable bits, ultra adjustable. Wore them straight out of the box for 10 days solid and they were very comfortable. Didnt feel a thing when came off and bike was sitting on my ankle.

[Like other boots I guess gear changing on a dual-sport can be tricky in them (couldnt get them under the leaver on a Capo, fine on a GS) but you can adapt and use a side of boot rather than toe technique.]

They are fine to walk in although I find mine press on the ankle on one side a bit, not that Ive done any adjustment, especialy if you undo the upper clips. A little like you would a ski boot.
  6. SteveROntario

SteveROntario Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    Does anybody know if they are waterproof and if/when they stopped making them? I found a pair for sale that a seller is trying to pass off as Crossfires...
    Thanks, Steve
  7. BajaRat

BajaRat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They stopped making them years ago(2008).

Waterproof? I have stood in a stream with them on and not gotten wet feet.

If they price is right, buy 'em. They are comfy right out of the box.
  8. SteveROntario

SteveROntario Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, I am going to give them a go. I am looking forward to having waterproof boots if they've held up. Everything about motorcycles in Canada is expensive so the price wasn't right...but it will do. Hopefully I can get 10 years out of them. :norton
    Steve
  9. XR1200

XR1200 NooB to dirt

Oddometer:
    An older thread I know, but a friend of mine just sent me a pair of Flexforce that fit great. After cleaning them up, they look practically new. But one of the strap holders that snap into the shell is missing. Anyone know anywhere where replacement parts are still available for these?
  10. stephenspann27

stephenspann27 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm trying to get a replacement strap as well. They are out of stock everywhere :-( Great boots, and hate to throw them away over not being able to get parts.
  11. BTROLL

BTROLL n00b

Oddometer:
    Did you really toss these? Let’s at least crowdsource parts from them! I need a strap for mine now :(.
  12. tonybalony

tonybalony n00b

Oddometer:
    after not being able to find old straps,i use new type straps,then a wrap of electric tape to hold closed
  13. BTROLL

BTROLL n00b

Oddometer:
    what do you mean? can you explain, post photos of your solution?
  14. tonybalony

tonybalony n00b

Oddometer:
    If u buy new Sidi straps,feed them in the adjustable side,they barely catch the buckle,close them,then wrap tape around boot.i use over the boot pants so they’re protected a bit.wont work on lowest strap-keeping them tight helps them live.....
  15. BTROLL

BTROLL n00b

Oddometer:
    if you're wrapping with duct tape then doesn't really sound like the strap is doing anything. My broken strap is the lowest one anyway...
    Sounds like the Sidi rep I was in contact with has gotten many requests for these steps -- we need a replacement available!
  16. tonybalony

tonybalony n00b

Oddometer:
    The lowest strap breaks because it loosens up as u tighten the uppers,I transferred my upper straps to lower position as needed,tape just secures buckles closed,2” electrical tape!
  17. tonybalony

tonybalony n00b

Oddometer:
    I know there on borrowed time,still provide great protection-if a solution to these straps is available,I’d love to know about them