Sidi Mid Height Adventure 2 Boots + Forma, AS, TCX, etc.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by NSFW, Dec 22, 2019.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have been keeping an eye on the Forma Adventure Low boots and could not decide because of the sizing. I need to try one on first and see.

Now came the Sidi with Goretex which got my attention. I have been wearing Sidis for over 12 years and I know, a size 46 fits me well.

Looks like the wait for the mid-size height boots is over! It doesn't have the same protection of my Sidi 2 Full MX which I will continue to wear for technical or more difficult rides. The difference with the other brands is it has a little more protection. Every little bit helps.

It's already available and curious if anyone already got a pair. Your comments will be helpful and also from those who wears Forma, TCX and Alpinestar.
    [​IMG]
  2. NSFW

Oddometer:
    the alpinestar seems to have the same protection, except on the heel
    [​IMG]
  3. NSFW

Oddometer:
    the Forma and TCX seem to be the most comfortable to walk around or for some hiking
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. NSFW

Oddometer:
    SPECS FROM THE WEB

SIDI Adventure 2 Gore Tex Mid Boots

Others have tried. Few have even come close. The Adventure 2 Gore-Tex Mid Boots strike a unique balance of adventure-ready protection with improved off-bike comfort and capability. Borrowing features and style from the full-height Adventure 2 Boots, this boot's medium height and lighter weight give the rider unencumbered ankle articulation and less restriction when walking and hiking. Gore-Tex serves as the Adventure 2 Mid's means of achieving superior ventilation and waterproofing. Leather inner boot panels and a slim overall profile promise good bike feel and dexterity.

Features:
    • Microfiber upper construction with Cordura inserts
    • Perforated Cambrelle liner with Teflon coated fibers for improved breathability
    • Rigid, shock resistant, anatomically shaped heel cup for maximum protection
    • Bonded non-slip lug type sole
    • Micro-adjustable cam lock buckles are fully replaceable
    • Nylon inner sole with removable arch support pad
    • Slim, non-bootie design
    • Reflective panel above heel for nighttime visibility
  5. Rackemcrackem

Rackemcrackem Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer:
    I've had Sidi Adventures for years and generally like them for protection and comfort, although the toe has always been slightly narrow for me. Forefoot width is fine, just the big toe area. The Sidi shorties look very interesting.

I bought the Alpinestar shorties this summer, primarily for easier traveling on long flights. They are short enough to not be overly cumbersome for removing during flights and will fit under the seat. They worked well for a pavement biased week-long fly and ride trip this fall. Definitely less smelly after wearing than my old Sidis! :lol2

The Alpinestars forefoot width feels about the same but the end of the toe box is a little wider. Also, the Alpinestars sole is stiffer than the soles of my Sidi Adventures, in a good way for safety. Comparatively, their protective qualities lack in other areas but seem to be a reasonable compromise for some of my riding. I wouldn't wear them off road, however.

Sidis with a stitched on sole will probably last longer, as the Alpinestars sole attachment started to tear slightly at a small area, where it came in contact with the bike's shifter. I repaired it with shoe goo and it looks much stronger, for now. On most bikes I've ridden, the shifter has been higher and I could have fit more of the boot under.
  6. NSFW

Oddometer:
    having a replaceable sole is a good feature of this Sidi, same as many of their other models. though i haven't worn a pair out at all.

around $40 for the replacemeant
    [​IMG]

for traveling especially when there's possibility of rain, i bought a Sidi Adventure 2 Goretex which i plan to take with me, not as a checked-in but wear them. like you said, the low boots are not cumbersome and easy to stow away. think, i'm just going to sell the older Sidi Adventure Rain boots and get low boots instead. i used to have a full height TCX boots and kept with the bike where it was stored overseas, which are comfy but that got stolen or misplaced, thus i'm looking for a replacement.

i also like to walk and explore a place; primarily just for touring. think the mid or low boot is a good compromise.
  7. * SHAG *

* SHAG * Unstable

Oddometer:
    I have a bunch of boots. Several Sidi's ,TCX's and a pair of Forma Lows all size 45. The Forma's are real Shit Kickers compared to the others
    NSFW likes this.
  8. NSFW

Oddometer:
    just saw this one, beefier version of the Forma low
    [​IMG]
  9. divotdm

divotdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you decided ? Im looking at the same style boots.
  10. NSFW

Oddometer:
    No. Honestly, the Forma shorty appeals to me since it looks comfortable. On the other hand, my current Sidis and all 4 of them fit perfectly. Why switch.

Me too, eager to hear from a new owner of the mid height Sidi.
    08StangGT_CS likes this.
  11. 08StangGT_CS

08StangGT_CS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any updates?