Siegs MO-AR Rocky Tracks "The SMART ride"

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by sieg, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ADV_Grizzlee

ADV_Grizzlee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome, Awesome Awesome Sieg! Thank you for putting together a great ride.

Nothing Broke (including me)
    Big Boy was fun even on the fully packed KLR
    Nothing but good memories and a soar butt

Some small GPS problems....
    Knowing your GPS is screwing up, day one, when you see the same dog twice in ten miles
    Crossing the creek day two and going through a guys front yard??

Anyone know if the guy who took off on his own after crash, cracked rib?? and leaking fuel tank made it anywhere? Never saw him again. Tried to get him to stay with us, but he honked his horn he was gone.

Oh btw the two deputies, sheriff, and the ambulance that showed up for Terry fixing his rear flat was interesting. The Sheriff said someone had called in a motorcycle crash and we were doing CPR on someone in the ditch. We told them the only thing bing resuscitated was the rear tire. They finally lighted up after a while and none of them left including the ambulance until after we did. We thanked them for the response in the case it was a real call.
  2. JerryMac

JerryMac Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the video Jason, you did a great job of capturing the challenging sections of the first day. Wow, one heck of a ride! Thanks Sieg, better than a season pass to six flags.
  3. A_SAPPER

A_SAPPER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for taking after I did after the crash, the bike was leaking fuel pretty bad and want to run out on the trail. I hope the message got back that left with some other riders I went on. I rode home 90 miles, had to stop 4 times to get gas.

Went to the hospital to get checked out, worse damage than I thought, a laceration of the kidney and spleen, bruised rib and lung. They transferred me to Springfield from ft Leonard wood spent the night in ICU moved to regular room last night and pump full of drugs. Sounds like I won't be on the bike for awhile. Again sorry for taking off from the group I was riding with.

No bigger than the crash was sure wouldn't I would be in bas as shape as I am in now.
  4. ADV_Grizzlee

ADV_Grizzlee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow. Was worried about you!!! Glad you are alright or at least getting medical attention. It was a pretty bad crash from my viewpoint. That is why I carry a Spot where ever I ride.
  5. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    OH man!! You were following me.. right behind me and I remember seeing that bolder right in the middle of the trail.. then I never saw your headlight after that and was concerned that you or someone went down at that area.. seemed there were a few natural disasters in the middle of that road! It was great riding with you and wow.. can't believe you hit that hard.. it was a fast section too.. but we were the first group to conquer the Big Boy section and clear the way for the rest of the gang!! You made history bro!

Heal up soon.. so sorry you went down, next time I'll stop and move that stuff. I heard the two fellas in our group that stopped with you moved it.. then decided to move it back (j/k) :D

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery,
    Basher
  6. studad

studad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I really wanted to join in, and now I'm really really damn glad I didn't on my Wee. No way that would have gone well.
  7. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    I forgot to mention, while we were trudging through the "Big Boy" section... we think we had a Big Foot sighting......... :huh

[​IMG]

Oh.. maybe it was just a BigDog sighting.. not really sure yet... ?!?!
  8. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    GREAT RIDE, MADE I THINK! A FEW NEW FRIENDS, THAT RODE LIKE THEIR HAIR WAS ALMOST, LOL!! ON FIRE GLAD I BROUGHT THE TE 450 HUSK NOT THE TIGER 800XC IT WOULD BE A LITTLE NERVE RACKING NOT FOR THE BIKE, BUT ME!!:wink::wink::eek1:eek1

The Chrome pusher!!:clap
  9. silver shadow

Oddometer:
    :D:D
    MALHON!!YOU WIN MOST MILES COVERED CONTEST! AND PROBABLY MOST $$$ SPENT SORRY FOR THAT, But everyone home safe, GOD WILLING, WELL, almost every one, one recovering and a GREAT RIDE,!! AND BY THE WAY WHAT WAS THE GUY IN THE CHAIR ALL ABOUT?? :rofl THE CHROME PUSHER!!
  10. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    We stopped and talked with him.. he was a retired iron worker and he was just sitting right in front of the land where he's building his house. Kinda surreal.. he just wanted to hang out in his little piece of the world.. Told us to come back and check out his place when he's got it done. Pretty laid back guy didn't care how many motorcycles came by...
  11. CamelBill

CamelBill Ride It!

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed this ride, cant wait to ride it next year, (or sooner). I missed it due to being in Colorado last week, did not get home until late Saturday night.

I started a mostly video ride report, which i'll be working on over the next few weeks Check it out. Not the great vids like Bash3r's, just raw. Add your own music if you like:rofl

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24875020#post24875020
  12. silver shadow

Oddometer:
    I was concerned how big the rocks were getting under all that dust like flying IFR weather conditions with a VFR EQ, airplane on a wing and a prayer!! Oh good,,, Got to Go.. My better half has left I must get all this dirty stuff in the washing machine and out before she gets home.:evil Thanks again for moving the rock!!! Someone!!! Best of healing to ya!! Slapper!!! OH YA WHAT were you riding small or large mc??
  13. silver shadow

Oddometer:
    :eek1:eek1!
  14. ADV_Grizzlee

ADV_Grizzlee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I learned that on second day. That's why I was up before the chickens. Fun Fun. I figured if I got ahead and if I broke down or crashed. Someone would come eventually.
  15. Hazman27

Hazman27 The Haz

Oddometer:
    like a pro! Good job!
  16. Toadady

Toadady Push'n parts

Oddometer:
  17. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I want to thank:
    My wife, Sigie for supporting my endeavors of looking for and plotting an ADV course, and for riding with me during some of the scouting missions, and the ride itself.

MOFOREST, for giving me some leads on good roads.

BigDog and ridemtra for helping on the scouting missions.

mtrablue for making the stickers, for free.

The Midwest Trail Riders Association for allowing us to use the property.

John and Dawn for opening the club and taking care of things there.

All the people that signed up to join and support the Midwest Trail Riders Association.

All the riders that came and joined the fun. (Come back for the PHBR)

Linda and I liked that part the best too. But I think some may not agree. :evil I saw some having a slow time of it. Some shortcutted after that, but the thing is the rest of the course was very easy.

The ride was very doable on a V-Strom (IMHO) the section around Blair Creek could be a challenge, but if you look at the GPS it was easy to blow straight through that part to 106 then pick up the route again. It's that part that gets all the pictures and talk, because that's where the adventure is, the course as a whole was not hard. No one in my group got stuck or dropped a bike whole ride, either day, and we rode it all, and the only lady was with us. (YRMV) :rofl

A-SAPPER, hope you get healed up soon!

godwinmt get that bike running for the PHBR.

Glad to see a good turn out and hope everyone had some fun. The weather was great........for August, the north end had some rain Saturday night that made it less dusty.

Please comment on what needs improvement, 'cause I'll probable do it again next year. Yea, yea I know I need to fix those tracks that lead you into the land owner with the gun's place. :evil:D:huh It's an adventure right. :rofl Me and BigDog rode that, but I forgot to correct the tracks. Hey Layton, I knew better than ride in there. :deal
  18. ADV_Grizzlee

ADV_Grizzlee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was all perfect. Nothing to improve.
  19. ADV_Grizzlee

ADV_Grizzlee Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh about not laying your bike down...... Wish I could say the same. I took a Big Boy dump in the woods. :)
  20. stargazerinwg

stargazerinwg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All of us old guys that rode with Alan and Anthony on Sunday thank them for being their usual outstanding Ride Leaders.
    We had a blast even with a couple guys blowing that T intersection and ending up on the ground and in the woods! No one hurt and a good time and a laugh for all!

Many, many thanks to Sieg and bride for all their work and for sharing the outstanding tracks with all. Really looking forward to this years PHBR!