Siegs MO-AR Rocky Tracks "The SMART ride"

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by sieg, Apr 26, 2014.

1. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yea I heard the story of nearly your whole group blowing that turn......follow the leader.:D

Glad you like the ride!
  2. Toadady

Toadady Push'n parts Supporter

Oddometer:
    we went home sunday moring and momma bear,kk,toad, and I went back to Bixby to get his truck, momma thought it was a big waste of time, until I took her to the Bixby store and she ordered a sandwich. then she started looking around the store, and looking and looking and looking.I then sat her down right in front of the hummerbird feeders. so I guess I got the green light to come back. :clap
    but then she made me stop at the walmart In Houston so she could grocery shop, but I slept in the car
  3. studad

studad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When are we going to Bixby?
  4. Toadady

Oddometer:
    soon as I can get this place brush hogged off

and momma's working on a Saturday, and I'm off . :rofl

I wanna run 19 up to A, then to KK then we'll be there.

http://motorcycleozarks.com/elephant-rocks-and-roll/

prob this sat..
  5. godwinmt

godwinmt They call me Crash

Oddometer:
    Working on it Boss...got the engine pulled tonight...

[​IMG]

And after some craftyness for getting the cam out (PITA when it seizes at exhaust TDC instead of compression TDC), the culprit was found!

[​IMG]

Seized big end bearing is the root failure...why it seized is beyond me...would tend to think excessive oil temps with its whole .6qt capacity on the engine side...time to get a workshop manual and get to splitting cases...and the biggest oil cooler I can find... :puke1

-M
  6. OzarkDave

OzarkDave Army Veteran

Oddometer:
  7. sieg

Oddometer:
    Hey, who camped Sat. night at Spring River Oaks? How was it? How many people from our group were there? I counted 31 at the 3 motels and locals, just trying to get a close overall total rider count. 18 at the club on Friday.
  8. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    For me just getting to Bixby is a 7 hour haul but I picked up shortbritches in Fort Madison so I had some company on the way.

Sieg enticed me to attend this event by telling me there would be miles of single track in this event. Obviously there wasn't. :(
    Then again, maybe he said miles of gravel. I probably should have paid more attention.

Shortbritches didn't start until about 9 on Saturday morning but by the time we got to the first gas in Bunker we started to see some of the other riders. We also saw a little rain but not enough to bother to put a rain jacket on. Also not enough to settle the dust.

I thought the whole ride on Saturday was a lot of fun. That is until we made a right turn onto a long driveway that was posted with "private" and "dead end road". Hmmm! I didn't like the looks if that but heck, I know my good buddy Sieg pre road all this. He wouldn't lead us astray. WRONG!
    We ride in there and the road ends. By the time we headed back off the property the owner was waiting for us. And he did have a gun. :(
    He turned out to be pretty nice about it and told us the road had been closed for about 25 years.
    So in the end nothing happened but it will give me something to remind Sieg about for years to come.

Saturday night was a lot if fun bs'ing with everyone at the motel.

Sundays ride back was very good and in true Sieg fashion he again tried to lead us astray with faulty gps tracks at one point but we didn't fall for it a second time. ;)

Thanks to Sieg and the others who helped lay this out. It must have taken hours and a lot of riding to do it and your efforts are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. shortbritches

shortbritches Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Sieg,Siegie,and others who put a lot of time and effort in getting this ride put together,it was a blast.Good to see some past riding buddies and to meet a few new ones.
    Godwnmt,glad you made it home safe and sound,that was quite an adventure in itself.
    I don't have any pics or video to share because I was to busy staying up with my leader,NO WAITIN LAYTON:D
    Oh and by the way I'm glad the second amendment is alive and well in Missouri:evil
  10. ridemtra

ridemtra single track

Oddometer:
    no trailside repair on that one Malhon, great ride with you Sat though, see you at the Pucky Huddle, thanks again Sieg and Siegie
  11. lfs225

lfs225 Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Oddometer:
    Naples, Fl with a storage unit (house) Mo
  12. silver shadow

silver shadow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. RoadDad

RoadDad n13ub Supporter

Oddometer:
    I heard the two fellas in our group that stopped with you moved it.. then decided to move it back (j/k) :D

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery,
    Basher[/QUOTE]

OzarkDave------You failed to understand the emoticon and the (j/k):D added to Bashers post. The comment of moving the rock back onto the trail with its hundreds of similar rocks was expressed as a joke. As the trail was very rocky and rough, one more rock would not have made much difference 99.9% of the time. In this case that 00.1% was the cause of the accident. And for clarification, the rock was not returned to the trail.
  14. Toadady

Oddometer:
    it's like the rocks were just growing out of the ground

was supposed to be hayed off, but somehow it just didn't happen, now everyone has plenty of hay and they don't want to bail anymore
  15. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    What rocks? I didn't see any rocks.

16. sieg

Oddometer:
    That's because you were out front, I had removed all the rocks from the entire 250 miles (except one spot where a guy came out with a gun and made me quit). But after you went by some joker but thousands of rocks on the course.:deal
    That's where it pays dividends to be a FOG!
  17. Layton

Layton Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, I'm the original FOG and don't you forget it. My license plate is even 1 A FOG.

18. SIGIE

SIGIE Adventurist

Oddometer:
    I had a blast riding with Sieg and StickDaddy. My favorite was the ATV trail by Blair Creek on the first day. It was an awesome trail and an entire fun ride both days. Hope to see everyone at the Pucky Huddle!
  19. bash3r

bash3r 790ADVR

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Well.. maybe it did look like CPR was being administered... if you only saw half the image.. :rofl

Thankful someone cared enough to call it in!
  20. Gerken

Gerken If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine Supporter

Oddometer:
    I knew someone had proof that I "nailed it". Actually I believe the offending 3 inch length hardware started life as a quarter inch lag bolt but had rolled through the gravel enough to resemble a medieval dagger. The authorities were pretty cool after other riders got them up to speed. Thanks much guys. I had the same thing happen in Michigan once. Seven people called in a horrific motorcycle accident and two state troopers were on the scene in seconds to watch us fix a flat. Guess I have the knack to attract flats and law enforcement. Many thanks to Sieg and Mrs. Sieg for all the effort put forth for a great weekend. Like Layton I also took a drive past the Dead End sign assuming fearless track generator had proof ridden everything. No firearm sightings on my part, just a lady on a golf cart shaking her head as if to say "Did you not read the sign?" Speaking of proofing do we mention the closed gate on Sunday's track? I had a great time in the Big Boy section despite being displaced like maybe 4 times. The challenge definitely was finding the trail not so much the terrain. The Sunday sprint along the Jacks Fork River and through the two Conservation areas past Eminence were a treat also. I got back to the club ground about 1:30 and decided to hit some sporty roads on my way back to Illinois so I did not get to personally thank everyone for a great time so thanks to all and of course the Oregon County Sherriff's department and Ambulance crew for their quick response to the severe injury to my inner tube. Tragically it could not be saved but the EMT'S told me it was not their first casualty.