Siegs MO-AR Rocky Tracks "The SMART ride"

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by sieg, Apr 26, 2014.

1. g steezy

g steezy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I absolutely will.
    sieg likes this.
  2. huskyKT

huskyKT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gas was not a problem except for one. The funny part of the story is that when the group I was with pulled up we were asked if we had a siphon tube. Nope. After a few minutes of talk I figured out one guy was out of fuel. That's when I said, "YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED IF WE HAD FUEL, I HAVE 2 BOTTLES". Lots of laughter after that.

But when the ambulance and deputies pulled up on the tire repair scene. They were not laughing at first. sieg, you put one hell of ride together. Thanks for the memories.
    g steezy, sieg and MarkM like this.
  3. g steezy

Oddometer:
    I get a new GPS friday. I hope I'm able to get it installed and figure out how to use it before the trip. I'll be butthurt if I'm wondering around down there without a clue lol.
    sieg likes this.
  4. g steezy

Oddometer:
    Well this weekend is looking like pure dookie, but I’m heading down anyway. I’m sure I’m going to miss a good portion of the ride, but I get limited time off of work so I’m going to try to make the best of things. I’ll let you guys know how it goes so long as I don’t drown or die of hypothermia.
    sieg likes this.
  5. motojunky21

motojunky21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't find the tracks in this thread, am I blind?
  6. g steezy

Oddometer:
    They’re not listed here. Funny enough, my buddy bought a used GPS and it had this track on it. I googled it and out of shear luck it led me this thread. Sieg has gone above and beyond to help me make this trip a successful one, the weather, not to much. As long as Sieg doesn’t mind me sharing the tracks, I’d be willing to do so.
    motojunky21 likes this.
  7. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do to circumstances beyond my control I no longer, make my rides public. I'll lead people on them, and sometimes share them with some people,l but I no longer post them on the internet. Some of my rides are not 100% legit so ride at your own risk.
    It goes from Bixby to Mammoth Springs, the good thing is it's easy enough to to do that via a map or Google Earth, without any body actually showing you the way. Great roads in that area, fill the tank and twist the throttle.
    Themastermike likes this.
  8. motojunky21

Oddometer:
    Thanks anyway, I understand.
  9. sieg

Oddometer:
    When were you going to be in the area, I ride there a lot, maybe we could hook up?:dunno
  10. motojunky21

Oddometer:
    Don't know that I will make it there this year, but I have a friend who moved South and was entertaining the idea of a ride to see him.
  11. g steezy

Oddometer:
    Well, I’m off. I hope the weather man is wayyyy wrong about this weekend’s forecast.

Attached Files:

yosso and sieg like this.
  12. sieg

Oddometer:
    Don't pay much attention to the weather man. Good luck!
    Where you leaving the truck?
  13. g steezy

Oddometer:
    Thanks, the Viburnum Inn said it was no issue to leave it in the lot until Sunday evening. Now I’m just waiting for my buddy to arrive from Arkansas.

Attached Files:

14. sieg

Oddometer:
    Yeah their good, staged from there many times.
    g steezy likes this.
  15. g steezy

Oddometer:
    For sure, I live in a small town and it’s got that same nice feel around here.
  16. sieg

Oddometer:
    One Saturday night we rode in there to stay at the motel, with about a dozen non-plated bikes. The cop comes over and said he would ticket us if he sees us riding them out of town from there. We were making all kind of excuses. He interrupted us and said he didn't care. And he said "I will write you up if I see you...............and I don't come on duty till 11:00 am". He also said he had to be seen harassing us because some asshat called in on us.
    g steezy and MarkM like this.
  17. jowannab

jowannab Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My first trip down that way was after the twoday which i knew about,, we decide to stop for Pizza acros the street was PD office.. i told my Buddy we will seehow much trouble the twoday caused he just waved & drove by...
    sieg likes this.
  18. g steezy

Oddometer:
    We got some looks by the local PD stopping by the liquor store in the pouring rain on motorcycles, but we have our priorities. It all worked out, the motel had complimentary boot dryers on hand.

Attached Files:

sieg likes this.
  19. g steezy

Oddometer:
    As planned things didn't go as planned. On saturday morning we somehow got lost in the endless loop and couldn't find our way out. We bailed out and took a 40 mile ride to Eminence. My buddy's beta was losing all it's bolts and we were working on repairing it when we noticed the storm was approaching quickly. We ended up slabbing it from there to Mammoth Spring in a terrible downpour. We got to the hotel and unloaded our bikes quickly. I failed to take my favorite tire spoons out of my bags while rushing to get out of the rain which were stolen that evening........ Sunday the weather prevented us from leaving until about 10AM. We decided to run Saturday's route backwards to at least try to complete it. After several water crossings and rain our feet and hands just couldn't take it anymore being that it was only 43 degrees and we were soaked. We still ran around 90 miles of the track before running pavement back to Viburnum which was complete hell. After we loaded the bikes up the sun came out and my truck showed the temp bumped up 12 degrees while driving home lol. So all in all we only Did saturday's route, about 90 percent of it. I would like to try it again with better weather sometime. What an awesome route it was, we had fun regardless of the weather really. I got about 2 hours of video to go through, I'll try to post something up for anyone who is interested after I get some sort of editing in. Special thanks to Sieg for the guidance and advice.
    yosso and sieg like this.
  20. g steezy

Oddometer:
    Here’s a video of our trip. Just a heads up, it’s a little long.

Old 179 likes this.