Sigma Targa

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Kenny Jay, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Kenny Jay

Kenny Jay Toughen up, Matey!

Oddometer:
    Has anyone out there used the optional wireless pickup for their Sigma Targa Cyclometer? I had the wire ripped out by a large branch, and thought about going wireless. Would the bikes electrics interfer with the signal produced by the Sigma?

Kenny Jay
    '95 R1100GS
  2. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    sorry but the sigma wireless SUCKS!!!!!! they dont even work on bicycle ,itS a shame sigma it,s the only brand with unlimited speed . CATEYE and AVOCET are much better STRONGER!!!!,water pruff but they only go to 72.6 milles and hour .the one Ilove ATC 8000 from CATEYE THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THEY STOP MAKING IT 15 YEARS AGO.FLEA MARKET E.BAY !!!!!!!?
  3. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
  4. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    actually a really cheasy bicycle company just relese one "VERY COOL LOOKING ONE":and very nice too. uses 3 diferent screesns so the numbers are very big (easier to see).i see them as a part (option) on the baja desings kit for the XR 650 r ,they go for about $80 much cheaper than the one on my ktm adventure THECOMPANY NAME iIT,S TOPEK they are made somewere in asia .actually the sigmas are not that bad and you can :bullet proof the wire by making a serius casing of flexible pipe,string rap (thermal stuff) the wire needs to by elongated anyway so CUT IT AND fix it
  5. pbansen

pbansen Hosehead

Oddometer:
    I've had great success with the Sigma line, but have never tried the wireless version. I've had the BC700, BC800, BC1200 and BC1400 and they have all been great and utterly trouble free.

The other bike computer that looks really promising (and the one on which the TrailTech is based) is the Topeak Panoram. One of the cool things about this unit is that you can buy it with an extra long cable (don't know how long exactly). Nice idea for those who don't feel comfortable doing the soldering and heat shrinkable tubing that lengthening a regular cable entails.

The Sigma units are supposed to be accurate to 180 mph, but you'll never find out on a GS unless you can get your hands on some of those JATO rockets...

Pete Bansen
    Truckee, California