Since SongDog is closed...

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by dyvking, Oct 8, 2004.

1. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good job Daniel :thumb Looks like it's worth checking into further. Roads, rides, time frame. I would say late April like we did for Songdog. I'm sure Gerg will be able to chirp in on the riding around there
  2. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    I really like this place. I've attended maybe 6 0r 7 MTB events there & always had a good time. John is a good guy.

In. :thumb

Good job Daniel!
  3. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    Hey guys. Just found this thread. Daniel, that place looks great. I'm in.

Errin
  4. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    yeah, I'm in. Personally, I think it should be earlier in April rather than later... The original concept was a late march / early april gathering to launch the riding season...

We should start a new thread. Need an event name too.

Lake Isabella Spring Fling ? Kernville Kamp-in ? Kern River Howl ? (in memory of Song Dog).

$27/head for friday+saturday feasts seems reasonable to me.

lets put 3 tents on a site, so its $10 per for camping. If people are 2-fer in their tent, cool, that means up to 6.
  5. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Good stuff!

A spring event to start the riding season is becoming an annual affair on the best coast. I would suggest that we name the event something like "Western Spring Bash (WSB)" or something generic like that. Then we are not bound to a specific place every year.
  6. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    SFOTLC, dick, is in :thumb

start to the riding season :scratch - does that mean you guys stop riding :dunno

I think the price sounds fair as well.

dick
  7. hava98

hava98 behind the Orange Curtain

Oddometer:
    I would add my agreement to the price and location.
    Thanks very much to Sam Buca and everyone else's contributions to make this event happen.

Great job, guys! We all appreciate it! :thumb
  8. Bubba

Bubba Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Maybe their advanced age has something to do with it? :nod
  9. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Geeze, you'se guys have been busy :nod

IN :thumb

Now for the FS roads. There will be a lot that's closed. It all depends on the rain and how much we've had down this way. If it's been a lot and things are still pretty wet then most of the stuff we would like to ride will be closed. If it's been a dry year then it'll be open. There is a LARGE Wilderness Area to the east. To the west there is a TON of riding if it's open. You'll have to put up with some pavement to get to it.

For the pavement pounders there is a bunch of good riding! A 178/155 loop is a good 4 hours (if you take pictures and do lunch somewhere). Then you have 178 over to 395 to Kennedy Meadows to camp. Hopefully the road will be open from Kennedy Meadows.

It's going to be a crap shoot in early April. I've seen things open on the first weekend of April and then seen things not open up until the week before Memorial Day. Just depends. Worst case is we do pavement and lots of drinking. Hmmmm Keg Beer :evil Now what do we have them bring in :dunno

Gerg

PS Poll going up to get a count.
  10. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Fixed wise guys!:D

BTW Dick, who is that dick in you avatar? Sure is an ugly wanker! :eek1
    Is he your latest flame? Does your wife know about your inclinations?:lol3 Just hope you are not going to bring him along.:deal
  11. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Greg, what I hear you saying is that it may be better to do this towards the end of April, rather than the beginning?
    Also we need to know is how many people Thursday, Friday and Saturday night for camping spots. As a preliminary I said 40 on Thursday, 40 on Friday and 80 on Saturday. Maybe a good idea to leave Thursday up to the individuals.
    Beer, I suggested a keg of SNPA and a keg of something like Heineken for Friday and the same for Saturday night. Any leftover Friday can be drank on Saturday. Waiting for pricing on the beer.
  12. Dick

Dick Its a big old goofy world

Oddometer:
    You just pipe down and go drink a flaming shot you nudnick. :lol3

Trust me if the guy in my avatar shows up you will have a lot more to worry about than flaming shots. Pigs will be flying the mercury will plummet in hell and the cubs just might win the world series. :nod
  13. osii

osii Disgruntled Time Traveler

Oddometer:
  14. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    I'll probably be just friday/saturday.

eeew on the heineken... surely there's a better pilsner/export kinda brew readily available? Kegs of SNPA run around $120 each retail, I think most imports are about the same. I'd imagine the proprietor would tack 50% onto that for fetching it, icing it down, cups, etc, but thats a wildass guess.
  15. richard cabesa

richard cabesa The Mayor Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN :thumb

Fuckin' accountants, always worrying about the price

Fuck off :mad?

Dick, watch out for Sam :ymca

Same here, and I think late April would be best
  16. Sam Buca

Sam Buca a.k.a. Daniel

Oddometer:
    Shit, now our secret is out. Damn Mayor, now every one is going to become jealous. Do you have to you naughty, naughty, naughty boy you.
  17. lasvegasrider

lasvegasrider To the edge of the continents

Oddometer:
    You guys got a lot of nerve, putting together another ride-in trip in the beautiful Kernville area at a great campsite w/ dinners and all.

What a bunch of wankers:clap :super

I'm in. Early or later April, makes no difference. Just close this post w/ the link to the one you guys make up for the registration and all so I can sign up and get my deposit in.:deal

Update - I did find the next link in this continuing - evolving project - the poll thread by Gerg is at

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60970

Probably be best to post on that thread, until the final (?) thread for the April ride-in is created.:ear
  18. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    Not sure if I can do the overnight thing, but I will try to get up there for the day. Maybe I can ride up with some people from Fresneck eat lunch with some advriders, ride a bit, and then head home. :dunno When dates are picked I will know more.
  19. Oly

Oly Deadlines whooshing by

Oddometer:
    Lets try to plan this ride over. I went to Song Dog last year and am looking forward to checking out this area a bit more. I rode to DVDaze last year and went through this area on the way. I broke out of the fog near Porterville and rode the Old Stage Rd. to 156 and over Greenhorn summit, very nice with a bit of packed snow on top. Maybe be a bit more "OhFuuaaaah" this year, time will tell.
  20. Ostrich

Ostrich Jaded and Happy

Oddometer:
    I'm game to try it. There is a guy down the street from me who rides a CBX and I have been trying to hook with him as well. Maybe even Fronch will want to come with some of his buddies. :dunno Worth a try.