1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Single side removable drybag pannier

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by Spaceweasel, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Spaceweasel

Spaceweasel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm a fan of removable luggage. I like the ability to carry things, but I also like to be able to admire the clean lines of a bike. I admired the SW Motech SLC line, but they were sold out of their panniers. This was originally for my bmw r1150r, but they also don't make a mount for the Tiger. After looking at what they had, I found that Harley Davidson mounts were the cleanest design.

After pondering the various mounting possibilities, I installed longer bolts and spacers into the holes beneath the seat. Two steel brackets were fashioned to drop it beneath the grab handles. The whole bit was given a coat of matte black to closer match the frame color. I think it blends nicely with the lines of the Tiger.

The bag is a Rhinowalk dry bag bicycle pannier, ~$40 from Amazon. I added the mount bracket from a SW Motech numberplate, reinforced with some lexan inside the bag. I left on the bicycle rack mounts, and it now switches easily from bike to bike.

It rides steadily without flapping, and keeps 25L of stuff dry and handy. As a bonus, the hi-viz green highlights on the bag come close to matching the Venom Yellow paint of the Tiger!

IMG_7518.jpeg IMG_7522.jpeg IMG_8143.jpeg IMG_8144.jpeg IMG_8144.jpeg IMG_8147.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. 9w6vx

9w6vx Pergo et Perago

Oddometer:
    Nicely done.

How much did you spend altogether for this?
  3. Spaceweasel

Spaceweasel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The frame mount was $85 (revzilla or twisted throttle). The numberplate was $30 iirc, but was eBay clearance from twisted and I don't see them anymore. The bag was $40. Lexan and nuts and bolts were sitting about, but probably $10 all in if you had to go to Home Depot.
    9w6vx likes this.