Site Advertising Banners?

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by Vinz Klortho, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Vinz Klortho

Vinz Klortho Square Peg

Oddometer:
    I bought an Amazon Fire tablet to surf at work. I use my phone as my internet hotspot. I paid extra for the tablet without the Amazon advertising popups. I get an advertising banner across the bottom of the page when I view this site. Only happens on this site. The ad wont let me scroll down to read anything on the page until I close it (the ad). The ad is usually for some pediatric dental practice. Is this ad from Advrider or is it some bullshit from Amazon? Anyone else viewing this site on a phone or tablet getting these aggressive ads?
  2. barnyard

barnyard Verbal tactician Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Is it happening when you are logged in??
  3. Vinz Klortho

Vinz Klortho Square Peg

Oddometer:
    I'm not very tech-savy so bear with me...

I'm assuming this ad tactic is is from Amazon, I dont think it has come up when I'm logged in.

It doesn't happen all the time either and so far has only happened when I'm online via my mobile hotspot. I used my tablet a couple time this morning, on my home wifi, and didn't get any ads.

The tablet was cheap...and you get what you pay for, dont you?

Sorry I started this thread, feel free to delete it if you wish.
  4. BryceB

BryceB It's OK, we know the Mayor!

Oddometer:
    I thought the advertising on the Fire Tablet was only on the lock screen/screen saver?
    Maybe it's part of that browser they use.

I have a Fire8 cheap version with the ads, but I installed the google play store and use Tapatalk for forums (including this one) and Chrome for my browser.
  5. Barbeque John

Barbeque John Beemer Geezer

Oddometer:
    Ok have a pretty new fire 10, viewing on firefo x how do I get rid of tapatalk banner that annoys me greatly. I am logged in. I do have playstore.
  6. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    ADVRider does banner ads unless you are logged in.

You can't get rid of the Tapatalk banner. You just have to click the x and close it. ADVRider has authorized Tapatalk to do this.