Skibum Soiree 2010-all the way east rally again

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by skibum69, Nov 29, 2009.

1. goodolguzzi

goodolguzzi Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer:
    :clap
    That Trailway to Green point vid...well sir...that totally sucked...NOT!!! :thumb :thumb
    Ya sportin a new rallytypelike machine?

I think i may need to upgrade to a fendah that works :lol3
    [​IMG]
  2. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hey theah down eastah, you still headed this way for the soiree?
  3. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    :nod that's the plan...gota go trew labradoah to get theah bye...
  4. skibum69

Oddometer:
    that road don't go noweah, it stays right heah.....

don't forget to send your registration in before August:thumb
  5. straight_8

straight_8 SM rims for KTM wanted

Oddometer:
    Ok so I am in for the LWU/A:clap I have reservations for the Matane/Baie-Comeau and Blanc Sablon/St-Barbe Ferrys, lodging in Manic 5, Churchill and am making arrangements for Goose bay and Gander on base and Churchill as well. :deal Next is the Soiree and am wondering what everyone is doing after the soiree? :evil I have a week to get back to the Halifax area and might do the T-railway to PAB ferry or backroads and cabot trail PEI back and mostly camp if time permits anyone interested?:lol3
  6. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have contacts or phone numbers, could you help me make reservations for Churchill, Goose Bay and Gander?
  7. straight_8

straight_8 SM rims for KTM wanted

Oddometer:
    I have my info at work and will bring it home tomorrow. I will PM you some info this weekend, I am military so I have cheap accomodations in Goose Bay and Gander Ill see if I can hook you up. Churchill was 79$ plux tax for a room same as Manic 5 we could split a room in Churchill as I recall them asking if I wanted a double or 2 singles and can switch for the 2 I bet.
  8. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you may have found some company Chuck. It will be interesting to see another 640 over here as mine is the only one that lives on the island to date. If time allows I'll try to hook up with one group or another on at least part of the TLH before the Soiree too. Everything on this end for the Soiree is either in place or will be before long, just waiting on t-shirt design stuff right now.:clap
  9. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great to hear that everything is coming together Mike. How many are paid up to date? How many 'off-island'? I hope you do get a little break so you can do another TLH speed run, and that we cross paths on the route.
  10. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Hey Chuck, 14 paid up so far and 9 of them from off the island which compares to a total of 16 registrants last year and 5 from away. Not bad for now I think.
  11. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That will be a nice sized group. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone.
  12. skibum69

Oddometer:
    we were talking about you tonight-Dougger, Scarysharkface and myself. Looking forward to seeing you too:thumb
  13. cberry

cberry Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's why my ears are burning, eh?:ear

I didn't know John was up there with you all. (If I thoroughly followed the rtr posts I wound have, no doubt.) I wish I was too. Been bloody hot here.
  14. skibum69

Oddometer:
    we're just starting to see the first signs of summer here!
  15. skibum69

Oddometer:
    now there's 2 heading our way for the Soiree that I met at CroMag '08. Looking forward to seeing you again MZ:thumb
  16. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Ok folks, sorry I haven't put much in the way of updates up in awhile, many of you know I've been pretty busy with my Rally prep for Mongolia, Rally Newfoundland, work and the all the rest of the good stuff in life that keeps you busy.

Current news includes this years T-shirt design which is almost finalized, and it might not even be black, so that's good news. One less thing for me to worry about.

Secondly is a fundraiser movie night I want to hold at Christians upstairs where it's a nice small intimate setting with a large movie screen that we can have all to our own. You can look at the fundraiser from the perspective of supporting the Soiree or supporting Steve's kids as any extra $$ that comes in will be going to their fund. Who's interested in coming our for some excellent motorcycle themed movie watching? As for dates, if I can get in for the night of the 28th, Wednesday we could do it then and have it early'ish for the working crowd and just miss the start of the George Street festival. If we can make that one worthwhile we can host a second one after I get back from my rally on the 20th, or just host one during the week of the 20th to the 27th? Please chime in and let me know if you're interested.

The list is growing a little bit and more people are paying their registration, this promises to be a good social event if my estimation of the crowd is anything to go by.

bring it on!
  17. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Another question: are there any vegetarians coming? I'll make arrangements for some decent food for you. Let me know.
  18. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Ok. Help me out here. What are the actual dates of this shindig? Best I got was "first week in September". :ear

Only for dreaming purposes, of course.:1drink
  19. goodolguzzi

Oddometer:
    Think that should be 'weekend'...also known as Labor Day weekend.
    At least i hope that's the correct weekend :lol3
  20. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    That's what I'm saying.

"First week of September is confirmed to accommodate the TLH crowd more easily, plus I have some other commitments earlier in August that would make getting all of the ducks in a row really difficult for the last weekend of August."

If I manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat I want it to be the right weekend.:deal :lol3

BTW, check your PMs.