Skibum Soiree 2010-all the way east rally again

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by skibum69, Nov 29, 2009.

1. dancingboy

dancingboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Howza bout a highlight video

cheers,

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/14840404" width="400" height="268" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/14840404">newest version Skibum Soiree 2010</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3590610">Nolan Watts</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  2. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Totally awesome video production with good funky music selection, you guys went all out on the vids, looks very professional. Nice bike btw:clap Lots better for the big island riding that the big GSes

Hell of a mud bog you guys found too.
  3. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    ok, I'll start on a few more pics:

mxcountryboy and dancingboy just after getting off the ferry, gregster's braces are just visible behind mz
    [​IMG]
    my neighbour Duane talking to regfoo and a stray Alex the boys met on the boat
    [​IMG]
    4of us headed for the spur line to ride offroad as far as Whitbourne and I put a Double Diamond sticker on my bike to make Mike Shirley happy now that we're home from Mongolia
    [​IMG]
    gregster is ready
    [​IMG]
    dancingboy and cage gearing up
    [​IMG]
  4. scarysharkface

scarysharkface Broke it/Bought it Supporter

Oddometer:
    So somewhere I missed where Dancingboy switched from the Husaberg to a KTM?
  5. skibum69

Oddometer:
    go read the RTR soiree thread from the beginning and you might catch it?
  6. scarysharkface

Oddometer:
    It's like, what 2200 pages? :lol3
  7. scarysharkface

Oddometer:
    Ah, yes, nice. Very, very nice.
  8. skibum69

Oddometer:
    waddya mean John, I think it's only just over 700 posts-but almost 19 000 views
  9. Dave Noel

Dave Noel Giv'er

Oddometer:
    oh yeah Throttlemeister you gonna get that SA done or what? :)
  10. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Good to hear you made it home safe Malcom, if Doug sends you that decal I'll hook Doug up when I get home in 3 weeks. Those of you I owe shirts to will have to wait for that too. Trevor missed getting to the Soiree by answering the phone an hour before he was headed to meet the boat on Thursday-bummer. He'll be happier as I did remember to bring the shirts he'd already ordered.

Here's the start of a few of my pics, not that I have very many

meeting the boat:
    mzcountryboy and dancing boy
    [​IMG]
    Duane, regfoo and Alex
    [​IMG]

straight to the dirt on the old spur line, dancingboy, gregster, cage and me
    [​IMG]
    a little shout out to mike shirley
    [​IMG]
  11. goodolguzzi

goodolguzzi Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer:
    yessah b'y...give'ah :freaky

[​IMG]
  12. skibum69

Oddometer:
    So anyway... the 4 of us headed up the spur line from Argentia on our way to Whitbourne. It didn't seem very long before we got to the big washout that created so much amusement last year
    [​IMG]
    Greg made it look pretty easy even all loaded up
    [​IMG]
    Nolan was doing fine right up until he stalled his bike on the way up the far side, must have been stagefright from last year?
    [​IMG]
    Everything was fine right up until this appeared in Nolan's rear tire
    [​IMG]
    yup-it's a railroad spike
    He had wisely given his tool kit to EmmBeeDee to save weight before leaving Argentia which translated to not being able to remove his back wheel to change tubes. For some odd reason the SLIME in there didn't seal up the 1" diameter hole in the tube? Sure made patching it more challenging. It held air long enough to get to pavement but unbeknown to Greg and I the patch failed 20km's south of Whitbourne; that led us to flagging down Will and Amanda in search of a 32mm wrench to go rescue him. More about them in a minute...
  13. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice pose Gregster.
    Damn, that's a freaking hole in a tire, lucky it didn't pop through the wheel:eek1

That leaving tools behind sucks ass, I remeber being in Bull's Bay in the dark last year fiddling around without a flashlight because I let someone take my top box to your place:cry That's why I was so damn late that first night of the rally.
    Never again or at least keep a flashlight with the tool kit:deal

Good times, keep these photos coming:clap
  14. Gregster

Gregster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm working on a report over at ridetherock, I'll post it up here too when I've got it all sorted out. Cheers dude, we missed ya at the party(s) :freaky

http://www.ridetherock.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6134
  15. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  16. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Here are Wil and Amanda as we pulled them over to see if they had a 32mm wrench to no avail. These two have been on the road around North America for 11 months and have some great stories to tell. Find them on advrider "1 year, 2KLR's and a whole lot of open road" job3-14 they showed up for the festivities on Friday night.
    [​IMG]
    Nolan was riding flat as we were talking to the local RCMP at the pumps, when I asked him if he had a wrench in his car he said he had one at his house. I did my best to distract him from looking too closely at my bike, which seemed to work. Great, he led us there and sent us on our way wrench in hand
    [​IMG]
    of course it started to rain during the fixit session
    [​IMG]
    with a little help from my friends....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    thank you officer Lemay, or something like that. He wasn't too happy to be modeling his v-neck for the camera but I told him it was fine as he was from New Brunswick. Shortly thereafter we were headed north towards my house.
  17. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Now back to the Soiree....
    from the flat tire and other stops it was taking awhile to get to New Melbourne. We hit some crazy heavy rain north of Heart's content and I was on the gas to just get the hell out of it, by the time we got to the house at 8 pm I could only see a little out of one eye. But being a little further ahead this year I'd put 2 kegs on ice before I left so at least the beer was cold.
    [​IMG]
    Malcom dissapeared, but I had a guess as to his location
    [​IMG]
    Don had a hard day too
    [​IMG]
    Friday was the day most people started rolling in and the banter and bikes grew accordingly. Really nice to see folks from last year again and to finally meet some faces behind the names. Dresda and EmmBeeDee really glad you could make it this year;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. skibum69

Oddometer:
    Ok, back to Friday again....early in the day it was a bit of a team effort to get beer on ice. The ice situation was waaaay ahead of last year now that I know where to get it free 24 hours a day close by, this year we always had cold beer and no chasing bags of ice at the corner store.
    [​IMG]
    Friday night grew into full on festivities just like last year, last year I counted 25 in the shed and this year I counted 37 I guess it's growing in popularity
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ChiefWhiteCloud came out and proved yet again you can go to the Soiree and ride and have a good time without even owning a motorcycle
    [​IMG]
    bald and proud, the shiny heads are well represented
    [​IMG]
    safety third, Gregster brought Suzie a present all the way from Freddie, she's been wanting a set of lawn darts for awhile now
    [​IMG]
    many thanks to everyone who helped with cleanup every day, it made the last day very manageable to finish up
    [​IMG]
    happy and sober, or not
    [​IMG]
    hold my beer–watch this...
    [​IMG]
    Gregster must be playing chaperone
    [​IMG]
    MZ, dat road doan go no weh, it stays raht he'ah
    [​IMG]
    Goodolerockinthebeer
    [​IMG]
    Last I remember was dragging my ass into the house and seeing 4 something on my watch
  19. cage

cage n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm packed and ready to go!!! Soiree 2010 here I come!! Then Dougger came over, I unpacked and put everything in his truck :poser

[​IMG]

Here are some pics that I think were taken Friday night (the black out night for myself and maybe a few others)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Early Sunday morning, just before I left for home, Mike's awesome orchard and some bikes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my 2nd Soiree, and I had a great time as usual. Special thanks to Skibum, Sue, and Outsideset for being fantastic hosts!!!!!
  20. skibum69

Oddometer:
    nice pics Cage, thanks for putting them up:thumb