SLAP 2017 -- Ozark, AR May 19-21

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Scribe, Jan 6, 2017.

1. guavadude

guavadude Dirt Nap Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    Individual .gpx files of the SLAP Loops. One .gpx file with just the main waypoints from the Loopapalooza. If you want more waypoints, grab the Ozark Waypoint Library.gpx below.

Attached Files:

2. guavadude

Oddometer:
    part 2

Attached Files:

3. guavadude

Oddometer:
    While I'm at it, if you don't want to use dualsportmaps.com, here's the full SLAP 2017 Loopapalooza, the AR500 Library by year and the Single Trax Library.

Attached Files:

4. guavadude

Oddometer:
    AR500 2014-2017

Attached Files:

5. guavadude

Oddometer:
    Ozark Waypoints Library with all categories combined.

To me, it's easier to give three large files organized by ride and let the user figure out how to use it than to break it in small bites. The more files, the easier it is for it to turn into a mess which is what I'm trying to solve. But I do understand that not everyone uses the same gps so smaller bites are better. It's not that hard to learn the software and the benefits are plentiful if not at first obvious.

Ok, that's it. I got a bike to put together. When in doubt, follow Scribe.
    G'dude out!

Attached Files:

The Toyman likes this.
  6. zodi

zodi Turned it off, then on again.

Oddometer:
    Having to do Cash for Scraps (but will bring my own food, anyway) due to not know if I will be able to go until Thursday, will finding a campsite be a problem? We didn't have any issues last year, and the registration looks similar.

Also, I'm coming alone this time. Is there a hill that might make unloading my 8 billion pound DR650 out of my truck by myself a less herniating experience?
    The Toyman and goyko like this.
  7. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Option B: Toss that piece of shit Garmin in the trash where it belongs and get an app for your phone.

I can load any (or all) of the tracks Senor Guavahombre has provided in a couple minutes, right from this website. Basecamp? What the hell is that?

We'll find some muscly types who will help you unload your pig. Or we can just toss it right into the river.
    Newner likes this.
  8. Tinker1980

Tinker1980 Doesn't ask why, only asks how

Oddometer:
    Um, It's a DR650. Just push it out onto the ground. It'll end up there sooner or later anyway...

That doesn't seem to hurt them much, either.

[​IMG]
  9. imxman

imxman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If somebody would like to buy my SLAP reservation, send me a message/conversation. Thanks.
  10. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you!
    And once again, I surely appreciate all your efforts and look forward to meeting you at SLAP!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  11. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    So sorry but "piece of shit" and Garmin in the same sentence is redundant! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
  12. guavadude

Oddometer:
    Glad it all worked out. Sorry to fill up the thread, I should have just posted in the SLAP Trax thread and linked it up.
    The best thing to do is to just ride and every time you find a great road, throw a waypoint on it. That way you can create great routes on the fly
    by just linking up flagged roads. I've never seen a bumper sticker that says "I'd rather be mapping!" but I may need one.
    like2lean likes this.
  13. zodi

zodi Turned it off, then on again.

Oddometer:
    I would do that, but I'm afraid the seismic activity it would induce.

Is it camping or RV? If we wear the same shirt size, and they'll let you transfer it (don't see why they wouldn't), I'll buy it from you. But I really won't know if I can go until Thursday morning.
    Tinker1980 likes this.
  14. Silverbird

Silverbird Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am leaving for Eureka Springs Thursday after work plan to head down to Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch on Friday and hit some SLAP routes on Saturday.
  15. dewey405

dewey405 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bringing some OK red clay with me, had to ride on the chain today and test some stuff out. I'm ready for Thursday. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  16. XX4me

XX4me Delusional 990 pilot

Oddometer:
    With a 100% chance of thunderstorms on Saturday my guess is you'll be able to get a bit more mud on it.
    dewey405 likes this.
  17. doniton2

doniton2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bikes are loaded. We are heading down Thursday.

Attached Files:

18. goyko

goyko Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That Cycra probend crm on 690? How did you manage to mount those? Just got a set today and it won't fit my 690
    grampp likes this.
  19. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those of us who cannot read and comprehend the best thing to do is use a phone app. Cheap, easy to use, works in all conditions and is crash proof, water proof and you can find all kinds of support for your chosen app. However, it really doesn't matter as long as you get to dinner!
  20. guavadude

Oddometer:
    I don't know, I tried using an iPhone for awhile and it would overheat and shut off. I think investing in a Montana has made a world of difference to me and I now can't imagine
    riding without a dedicated gps. Especially in the Ozarks where everything can start to look alike and not all the roads are labeled.

We're fortunate that guys like Scotty and Oleary put in the leg work and pre-ride these routes. For us out of towners, it makes it easy to get to the best of that area in the least amount of time!
    goyko likes this.