SLAP 2018, May 18-20, Ozark AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Scribe, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Hey y’all, it’s time once again for the ...

ADV SLAP Rally - Squeal Like a Pig!

SLAP logo.jpg

The quick and dirty on year 14(!) for you TL;DR types:

When: May 18-20, 2018
    Where: Byrd's Adventure Center
    Cost: $53 registration plus camping (includes PayPal fee). YOU PAY BYRD’S SEPARATELY THIS YEAR. THIS IS NEW AND DIFFERENT SO PAY ATTENTION. SEE DETAILS BELOW.
    Who/how do I pay?: See POST #2 below to register
    What do I get for my registration fee? Food.[​IMG] Beer.[​IMG]Beer.[​IMG] Riding.[​IMG] Swag.

Ask around. SLAP is FAMOUS for great riding, great times and being a great deal. That plus three meals and a chance to win some nice prizes makes this a rally you can’t beat with a stick. Don’t even try.

Are the cool kids attending? Indeedly. See POST #3 for the "IN list"

SLAP early registration deadline is midnight, April 29. That means rally tee ordering closes. SLAP Swag for early registrants only.[​IMG]

Registration CLOSES on Thursday, May 10. After that, regisration link will be disabled and only "cash for scraps" will be accepted on site. We need to give final numbers to the catering company. Showing up at the event with cash does not guarantee that we will have enough food. We'll do our best to make sure everyone gets fed, though. (The ladies at Byrd's have been excellent at accommodating, even when a bunch of evil Jeepers snuck into our chow line[​IMG] one year).

Woot!!! [​IMG]

As always, SLAP 2018 will be infused with a delicate elixir of choice grains and hops. The Okies who used to run this thing got very excited about their annual trip to Arkansas because it was a chance for them to sample real beer. We don’t want to let them down, so we will have plenty of BEER. Maybe some moonshine.[​IMG]

Once again, SLAP 2018 will be held on the banks of the lovely (and sometimes angry) Mulberry River in Ozark, AR.

[​IMG]

Why Byrd’s?:

1. Direct access via pavement

2. Multiple riding options (epic pavement, forest roads, singletrack, and everything in-between)

3. Activities for spouses and families

4. Bathrooms with showers

The Fine Print:
    Dates: May 18-20, 2018. If you'd like to arrive earlier or stay longer, make arrangements with the campground.
    * Lodging: NEW THIS YEAR: SLAP WILL NOT collect your camping fees when you register. You will check in and pay Byrd’s when you arrive. If you sign up for SLAP, there will be a spot for you. Byrd’s currently charges $10 per camper per night for primitive (non-electric) campsites. That fee DOES NOT include the cost of riding on their property. We are working on a discount package rate and will post that info when we have it. Group showers, toilets, and water will be available for all to use, but the camping is somewhat primitive, much like a tent city. There is plenty of room for vehicle and trailer parking. We encourage all attendees to stay at Byrd's so we can maintain the SLAP unity and fellowship.

Why the change? Because coordinating camping for all you FFs is a giant PITA. Remember the Great Flood of ‘17? We were left trying to figure out who was there, who left, who was in a RV, etc. Byrd’s does this every day of the week, so we’re letting them handle it. Bonus: Pay for only the time you plan to stay. You stay less, you pay less.

RV Spots: There are a limited number of RV/electrical sites available on a first come-first served basis. Note your preference when you purchase your registration. An RV spot will be requested for you. Just like primitive camping, YOU PAY BYRD’S WHEN YOU ARRIVE. We will maintain a list of who has asked for RV sites (in order of registration) and will do our best to accommodate. Only paid registrants can hold an RV spot. The overflow RV parking at Byrd's may be a short hike away from where the rally activities will be located.

RV Disclaimer- please only reserve an RV site if you are a definite attendee to SLAP 2018. If you just need to park a van or trailer and don't actually require electrical or water hook-ups, then don't reserve an RV site. We'll have plenty of room for car campers. Please don't be a selfish prick and reserve an RV site for just one person. Let's leave them for the families or groups, please. If you have a big ass RV and want to share your amenities, that would be cool. Thanks for understanding.

Meals: Included with your registration will be three meals prepared by the professional staff of Byrd's: Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and Saturday Dinner. Non-alcoholic beverages are provided at meals. The meals are great and professionally done. Byrd's also has a restaurant and a mini-mart onsite, so plenty of meal options are available.

Rides and Routes: The planning committee will be posting links to GPS tracks for several types of rides. For example: Big-bike-friendly scenic loops, challenging singletrack within quasi-legal distance from camp, weekend warrior DS routes with hero options, etc.

Or, if you want to take a sip from the firehose, there is a separate thread dedicated to route gathering, ride organization, and whatnot. It is the product of much attention by our fellow inmates in NW Arkansas. Click HERE for the stuff.

T-Shirts, swag, and other stuff: The T-shirt design will be posted when finalized. There is a high possibility that participants will get stickers, other SLAP-related chotchkies, and freebies including door prizes and raffles. It all depends on how well we do at begging for free shit from vendors and sponsors. Wanna be a sponsor? Contact inmate Scribe.

Liability: To participate in SLAP, you'll be asked to sign a waiver releasing liability to ADV, Byrd's, and the event organizers. You’ll also need to be 21 or older to partake of the beer. We're all friends here. Be safe and don't do anything stupid. We'll try to do the same.

Sponsors: SLAP 2018 is made possible in part by numerous sponsors (corporate and individual). We will recognize those sponsors here, at the event, and as many other ways possible, like on the back of the rally tees HERE. These companies or individuals below have donated gear, door prizes, cash, or other items and services to make SLAP 2018 as fun and memorable as possible. The SLAP planning committee thanks you.

If you are interested in sponsoring SLAP 2018 (no matter the content or size of your contribution), please contact inmate Scribe via PM. We will gladly accept cash donations or goods to distribute at the raffle. To make a cash donation, use the PayPal link.

SLAP is an official, IRS-blessed 501c(3) non-profit organization. Which means all donations are tax deductible. Contract inmate Scribe if you need a receipt for your donation.

These companies or people are making SLAP 2018 happen. Please support them in return.

SLAPS past:
    * 2017 (a.k.a. "The Great Flood"):
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/slap-2017-photo-and-great-flood-thread.1227809/
    * 2016 (a.k.a. "The Okies Last Gasp"): http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/slap-rally-2016-photos-videos-and-lies.1146761/
    * 2015: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/slap-rally-2015-photo-fest.1066008/

OUR SPONSORS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Stillwater Motorcycle Training

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NYLAGER NUSHINGS

SOLID ROCK RANCH, LLC

A HOKIE ENTOMOLOGIST

[​IMG]

SLAP 2018 is a production of SLAP, Inc., which is run by your friends at Camp Run-A-Mucka.
    GearDrivenCam, crk and Team Vegas like this.
  2. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. SEE YOU AT SLAP!
  3. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    HELL YES I'M IN!*
    * handles added when you pony up

1) Scribe
    2) Peg it Peg
    3) sdd04
    4) LaGiaconda
    5) Grigby
    6) Valentino Magoo
    7) Mdawg
    8) Whizzy
    9) MTRman56
    10) Unpavdpthfinder
    11) Razorbackrider
    12) Sir Dave +1
    13) Oaksol
    14) Dual Sport Dispatch +1
    15) Big Deal
    16) Mrs. Big Deal
    17) Calamari Kid
    18) Dewey405
    19) Valentino "Mach" Magoo
    20) rydethisxt
    21) HiHoSilverGS +1
    22) Newner
    23) TheBourbonUrban
    24) Motogramps
    25) Albie
    26) Dirty Dog
    27) Jstowell2008
    28) superlite17
    29) The Toyman
    30) fatpony
    31) elbro
    32) Simmons1
    33) Halen
    34) Lie N Dog
    35) North Rider
    36) Pitpass
    37) GearDrivenCam
    38) PeteWI +1
    39) KawiRider651
    40) G-Tex
    41) McKellon +1
    42) Telejojo
    43) Louis Moffat +1
    44) Tinker1980
    45) Junkbasket
    46) Fishyklr
    47) Itchykawa
    48) Ms. Whizzy (can you leave that other guy at home?)
    49) Matt
    50) ZZR_Ron
    51) Dahveed
    52) jacbrug
    53) Bartell
    54) millman84
    55) On2Wheels52
    56) Nikoutdoor
    57) Mrs. Nikoutdoor
    58) Hondamxracer
    59) RGoree
    60) Guavadude
    61) Woonjas
    62) TossingLead
    63) Nowheelies
    64) N/A
    65) Grigby
    66) Grigby's plus one
    67) Topnotch
    68) Motozark
    69) Citationman
    70) 2Upshack
    71) GL 1800
    72) Mrs. GL 1800
    73) Patrick G450
    74) Brian-Reddog2
    75) wlgrice
    76) Mrs. wlgrice
    77) Haroldshack
    78) Haroldshack's plus one
    79) Cloudryder
    80) jarvinator
    81) imxman
    82) z50startedit
    83) Mo rider
    84) Mo rider's plus one
    85) ScottyXR
    86) ReddirtJoe
    87) Spider Monkey
    88) Spider Monkey's plus one
    89) RacinDave
    90) battmo
    91) dsbiker
    92) BlueBiscuit
    93) Crandrews
    94) Ztrax
    95) Ztrax's plus one
    96) Tomski74
    97) Longrodokie
    98) Fotobo
    99) Dirt2007
    100) RyanW
    101) Dirthog
    102) Spektrum84
    103) Old Fart at Play
    104) Cat Weton
    105) OkyPoky
    106) TMoore
    107) Terrascout
    108) Rudy Red
    109) Arbrapdude
    110) DeepBarney
  4. grigby

grigby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmmC-MON I don't see a link to registration and I want to be #3...
  5. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    You better be in, you're the ride leader. :deal
  6. The Toyman

The Toyman Handy not Handsome

Oddometer:
    In this year no excuses.
    tomski74 likes this.
  7. grigby

grigby Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in looking forward to another great event!

Love that Rokon Toyman! Would look nice next to my RT340!
  8. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    Not sure why - but in and paid. Maybe I will actually ride for a change.
  9. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    That reminds me.....I need better friends.
    BigDeal and The Toyman like this.
  10. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug

Oddometer:
    In and Paid. Although who knows if I can get over there again!
    BigDeal likes this.
  11. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    In list will be updated when I get home next week. And I'll fix the T shirt link too.
    crownhorse likes this.
  12. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    In and paid for 2. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to bring bikes this year.

Let me know when the t-shirt link works please.
  13. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    T-shirt link should be working now. I'll update the In list ASAP.
  14. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    T-shirt linky is working. Happy New Year!
  15. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Most likely in. :deal
  16. DualSportDispatch

DualSportDispatch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MrsDSDispatch and I are registered. Ready for warmer temps!
  17. Jbrjbr21

Jbrjbr21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rode1200 gs from so il last year, rode home after flood.
    Not a good time.
    Went to gateway gs challenge basically flooded out.
    Hope 2018 is a better year!
  18. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thinking about attending . Would be riding down from Canada , most likely on one of my old Africa Twins ( xrv750 ) unless I buy something new ( unlikely ) . Probably sticking to pavement and very easy gravel . I know there will be Beer how about BBQ ? There has to be some good BBQ in that part of the country . Working on distances and how many days to get there and back .

North rider
  19. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Pulled pork is usually on the menu for one night. The nearby Catalpa Cafe has a brisket sandwich that is one of the best things you'll ever put in your mouth. Endless roads you could run that ol' Honda down. Sounds like you need to make the trip.
    BigDeal likes this.
  20. dewey405

dewey405 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m in, gotta figure out a bike before I can commit though. The strom didn’t do too hot last year and my RMZ can’t me to the pie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro