SLAP 2018, May 18-20, Ozark AR

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Scribe, Dec 19, 2017.

1. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
  2. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    Good to see you guys at the dam on Saturday. I know my eyes are getting bad, and I'm old enough for senior moments, but I have to apologize as i didn't recognize you from when we met at El Taco Loco back in March. It was only after reading the posts that I put 2 and 2 together. Did you have a beard back then?

Glad you enjoyed the new bike. Your comment about gps reminded me that it wasn't that long ago I was using 3 x 3 stickies in the top of my tank bag for routing. Even now though, I only use an old Windows phone with a gpx app, and Furkot to plan routes. Admittedly, I get a little ancy running down a dirt road by myself if I'm not sure there's another way out. Not so much worried about banjos as I am about dogs and guns protecting their......wares, yeah that's it, wares lol.

Big thanks to all that helped put this together and make it so much fun. It was once again my wife's choice of destination for her birthday weekend!

Looking forward to next year. Is the website up yet??:rofl
    Whizzy likes this.
  3. Woonjas

Woonjas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    IMG_20180519_073847.jpg I had a blast, thanks all who helped make this a great event. I think next year I'll try to convince my wife to come along as well.
    I'm pretty sure she'll love it out there (and so will our dogs).
    By then I hope to have a trailer so I can travel with a bit more comfort (AC) to Byrd's and back :-)

(the photo shows two fine examples of early ADV bikes, my Yamaha XTZ750 Super Ténéré and a Canadian Honda XRV750 African Twin)
  4. Whizzy

Whizzy Arky by choice Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks to everyone who came to the rally and made this such a great year. It was good to see old friends and to meet knew ones. Hope everyone had a safe journey home. See you next year!
    unpavdpthfinder likes this.
  5. NORTH RIDER

NORTH RIDER Long timer

Oddometer:
    Made it home today . Had a great time. Hope to be. back next year . My Old Honda Africa Twin did great . She drank half a quart of oil there and back and I think I drank at least 4 gallons of beer there and back . Thanks to all the organizers for putting on a great event .

North rider
    ( Feliz)
  6. Whizzy

Whizzy Arky by choice Supporter

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it home safe. It was good to meet you.
  7. ZZR_Ron

ZZR_Ron Looking up

Oddometer:
    Geardriven cam and I are back as well. We had a great ride back, other than a bit of rain. If any of you are up this way, let me know. We will be sure to show you some northern hospitality.
  8. GearDrivenCam

GearDrivenCam Long timer

Oddometer:
    How can you not love the WR250R when it brings you all the way down to Arkansas from Canada - and BACK! - and only asks for a sip of high test every now and then. Yes Carter - it CAN do everything!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to everyone including the organizers for putting on such a satisfying event. I've always heard stories about the remarkable southern hospitality. Now I know from experience that it isn't a myth. Thanks Arkansas for some incredibly fun and twisty roads. And thank you hot and humid weather for forcing me to fling myself off the rope-swing into the Mulberry river to cool down. I'm reflecting on lots of fond memories as I make my way back into my igloo......

Mike
    cateyetech, The Toyman and Woonjas like this.
  9. Shawnee Bill

Shawnee Bill Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
  11. ScottyXR

ScottyXR Just a Kid Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love this ride. I’ll be there next May! Thanks for the organizers, you made my ride this year great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scribe likes this.
  12. CptnMrgn667

CptnMrgn667 I like beer, bikes, and making slow cars fun

Oddometer:
    So how's about SLAP 2019?
  13. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure it's May 18-20. It's always between Mother's Day and Memorial Day weekend.
  14. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Nailing down a few details and the thread will be going up soon. Those are the dates.
    mo_rider likes this.
  15. Scribe

Scribe £Bob£

Oddometer:
    Stay tuned. Details coming up. SLAP is gonna be a little different this year.
    Newner, dewey405 and mo_rider like this.