Slimy Crud Run anyone going? (WI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by brcisna, Apr 25, 2011.

1. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    I will be crud running on a CB1100. No D606's on that so I be paved only. :rofl
  2. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Our plan for the Crud - Foxfire and some friends are riding to Wildcat park Friday night and camping. I will ride up from Spring Green Saturday morning to meet up with them. We will ride the TWAT south and at the end of the day camp out, or motel it if the weather looks bad. Sunday we will work our way towards Leland following as many gravel and dirt roads we can find. This should put us in Leland early Sunday afternoon, giving enough time for checking out the bikes, food, and beverages if desired. Also allowing time for everybody to get home without having to travel in the dark. If things go well we might be able to play on some atv trails and get muddy on my cousins farm just outside of Leland.
    ALL ARE WELCOME to join us!:freaky
  3. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    mebbe
  4. frostbitevinnie

frostbitevinnie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep. Had fun last year! Snow in MN but they were cutting grass in DeSoto, WI.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    For the whole deal? Wanna meet up for the ride over to Wildcat Fri? Jason is coming down from Appleton, so Im right in between yous guys in Osh...and hwy21 takes us straight over.

Sell the Katoom yet?
  6. frostbitevinnie

frostbitevinnie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Generally we leave Sat., ride to DeSoto and have lunch at Great River Roadhouse. If you have not eaten there then you are missing one of the best meals in WI.

https://plus.google.com/102549897127006995843/about?gl=us&hl=en

From there probably mosey over to wild cat, then stay in Reedsburg or go on to Sauk City to Gansers Motel.

My ride home is fairly long so we usually hit Pine Bluff and Leland fairly early and back on the road to home by at least noon.
  7. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    Maybe was just for that Sunday with wife on the back but I'll see what my sced allows at that time. So game time decision.

Still have the 640. I'm sure I'm priced high but...
  8. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    :thumb

If I had more room in the garage, and less room in my wallet, I'd love to take it off your hands. :D
  9. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made the route from Dickyville to Leland up last night, and test rode most of it today. It is 112 miles of mostly seal coat roads, some nice gravel(some hard packed, some loose), and a little great, twisty pavement. There will be plenty of opportunities for gas or rest stops. This goes through a lot of the driftless area, so it is constant hills and following streams down into valleys full of wildlife (and a few Amish farms).
    Any DS bike will do fine, and most road bikes if you are not afraid of gravel.
    If anybody wants the gpx file, let me know and I'd be happy to email it to you.
  10. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Praying for nicer weather for this! Weatherman is sayin light rain and highs in the 50's.
  11. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    Meh...could be worse...could definitely be better though.
  12. Paper

Paper I can see Iowa from my yard!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sounds fine to me.. The Chrome crowd will stay home to keep the rust at bay.. :lol3
  13. reveille

reveille Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You nailed it there. In 2012 it was mid 50's and rain and no chrome could be spotted. Nice solid crowd of riders showed up though.:D
  14. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    Good weather for the Crud...not so much for the 2 days of riding and camping before. Oh well, it'll still be nice to put some miles on.
  15. Moose Dog

Moose Dog Mr. Nice Guy

Oddometer:
    Bite you're tongue Jimbo, I'll bet you can't hang with me in the twisty's on my chrome horse!

[​IMG]
  16. reveille

reveille Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your'e on Jerry:freaky You will have plenty of time to wipe the disappointment off your face while your polishing your chrome on Monday:lol3 Wait, do you mean the Mustang? Ummm ya you may have me there...
  17. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thats what I was thinking. Decent riding weather, but camping might suck. I might be looking for a flea bag motel...
  18. prince_ruben

prince_ruben Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in. I want to ride part of the TWAT with you guys on Saturday and camp/motel Saturday night. Details on the Saturday morning meet up please!
  19. FBR

FBR Long timer

Oddometer:
    We are going to meet up at Wildcat Mountian. I will ride up from Spring Green. Not sure where you are coming from, but you are more than welcome to ride up with me if you are coming through the Spring Green area. Still not sure on time, maybe 8-ish?
  20. FJRick

FJRick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmm, riding part of the T.W.A.T what time are you meeting at Wildcat? I'd like to go too if you don't mind.