Slimy Crud Run anyone going? (WI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by brcisna, Apr 25, 2011.

1. FBR

FBR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nothing set in stone yet, but I'm thinking we can meet at the gas station in Ontario, just a few miles north of Wildcat. That way everybody can be gassed up and ready to ride. How does 9:30am sound? If we have a good size group we may bust into 2 smaller groups. We'll see how it goes.
  2. prince_ruben

prince_ruben Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm riding up from Grayslake, IL. Looks like a 3.5 hour ride to get to Ontario. Manageable. :1drink
    Camping ay Wildcat is available, yet showers are not until after May 15th annually. I may look for a cheap motel (sans bed bugs).
  3. FBR

FBR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to work Friday night, so I will just ride up to meet you guys in the morning. Saturday night I'm thinking about finding a motel. I will take my sleeping bag liner to help fight off the bed bugs!:rofl
  4. reveille

reveille Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like I will be able to make the SC run but only for Sunday. That wasn't easy either finding a sitter for the kids for Sunday. I plan to leave Plainfield, IL around 8 am headed out towards I-39. If anyone is headed that direction around the same time let me know so we can meet up along the way. Jerry, should I look for chrome or are you riding the koolaide bike up?:D
  5. frostbitevinnie

frostbitevinnie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm still planning on camping at Wildcat Fri. night but will be at Gansers Motel in Sauk City on Sat. night. BTW, I had to reserve a camp spot for two nights so my spot will be vacant on Sat. night if anyone is interested. Weather looks pretty good Sat. and Sun!
  6. Solohobo

Solohobo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Okay I am going too, will be leaving from downtown Chicago Sunday morning...where is everyone meeting at 930 am? Yee Hawww..:1drink
  7. reveille

Oddometer:
    I think they are meeting at 930 am Saturday morning for some TWAT fun(Yes I just said that):lol3. Sunday will be just heading to the Crud run from what I gather. I would be meeting up Saturday but I had a heck of a time finding a sitter for Sunday alone.:cry If you want to ride up Sunday morning shoot me a PM.
  8. FBR

FBR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If ya wanna ride the TWAT Sat. we are meeting in Ontario at the cafe between 9:00 and 9:30. We will ride the TWAT down to Cassville. Some are camping, but I'm a pussy so I will be moteling it (I like hot showers and warm beds). Then Sunday we will meet at the BP in Cassville between 9:00 and 9:30 and ride to Leland for the Crud.
  9. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Knowledge is horsepower

Oddometer:
    If the weather is nice and I get Saturday off, I may ride down there for the full experience. Just went to Leland about 5 years ago.

Meet in Ontario Saturday morning? I can't make it that early. I have to leave Saturday morning 200 miles away.
  10. reveille

Oddometer:
    I will call you guys (Have Josh's #) Saturday night sometime. I could meet you in Cassville and ride across with you. It wouldn't be that big a deal for me to take 52 over to the big river then head North. Sure beats slabbing it to Mad Town. The ride from Cassville East should be a nice one. I would need to leave before sun up to make that happen but I think it's doable. Thoughts?
  11. beeper

beeper Badger tickler

Oddometer:
    Would love to join for the TWAT fun, I'm just a hop, skip and a jump from Ontario but already have a previous commitment on Saturday. :pissed

Will certainly be at Leland on Sunday though.
  12. FBR

FBR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If ya need a little more time to make it to Cassville, I'm sure we could make a little time for ya. It's 112 miles to Leland so we can make it in a lil less than 3 hours.
  13. frostbitevinnie

Oddometer:
    Sorry but I gotta ask,.....what is the TWAT? Me and Clint will probably meet y'all in Ontario but I would like to input a route into da GPS device.

Thanks!
  14. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    twat did you ask?

Trans Wiscosnin Adventure Trail.
  15. FirstPath

FirstPath Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just google TWAT on your work computer. I don't see any issues with that at all.

:eek1
  16. reveille

Oddometer:
    Nice:lol3
  17. frostbitevinnie

Oddometer:
    Nice, thanks! Clint will be on a ninja 1000 so we just might have to pass and ride elsewhere.
  18. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    So, can I get a roll call here? Just a simple 'IN' and when you plan to meet the group. I have quite a few people to link up with along the way and I don't want to A: leave someone behind, or B: wait for someone who's not showing.

Looks like the weather's clearing up... :clap
  19. FBR

FBR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you want to meet up later, shoot me a PM and I will give ya my #. Maybe we can meet up farther down the trail?
  20. frostbitevinnie

Oddometer:
    see y'all there! I'm out and goin to sleep to prep for an awesome weekend!