Slimy Crud Run anyone going? (WI)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by brcisna, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
    250 or 1100?
  2. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. kfsinc

kfsinc Chaingolian Observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    In -- should be in Cross Plains about 11:00. Never been and riding with a few veterans so I'll just be following them :D

kfs

Red R1100GS
  4. hoodellyhoo

hoodellyhoo Dummy

Oddometer:
    No crud for me this time. Just bought a house and there's many a project to be done.

Looks like a beautiful day! Have fun and ride safe everyone!
  5. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Only a matter of time.

Oddometer:
    Some said the new Indians were there. The weather was shitty here so how was it there?
  6. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    I went to Leland, seemed like attendance was down a bit. Lots of good people to talk to. Weather was cool but nice.
  7. atomic frog

atomic frog pavement ends, YEAH!

Oddometer:
    Good crowd, lots of the usual suspects. Got drizzled on as I got closer to home. Was a good day of riding anyway!!
  8. Ron Jeremy

Ron Jeremy Major Dad

Oddometer:
    Did anybody see that dipshit wearing bull horns and a cow hide? He called himself the road warrior. What an attention whore he was. He almost wrecked 4 people because he thought it would be funny to try and pass on a 40 mph corner doing 70 in the opposite lane. He couldn't make it so he pushed everybody out of his way to get back into the lane-and then did it again. I know its one thing to try and look your cool, at least to yourself and a few tag along wanna be bikers, but risky others lives is just wreckless. This was my 10th and probably last ride. Encouraging bloody mary's and drinking before you ride with hundreds of other bikes is what gives motorcyclist bad names and high insurance rates. To many great bikes and people being overshadowed by wannabe's.
  9. nitrouschris

nitrouschris adventure wannabe

Oddometer:
    I didn't wanna speak outta turn, as this was my first time making it there. I was riding all over that part of the state on sat and stopped in sunday for this. I saw a lot of stuff that made me sad for what I use to hear was a good idea/ride. Might as well been downtown Milwaukee (show your bike key, get a free drink) type stuff. I saw a TON of cool bikes lost in a sea of "differently" black baggers. Seems as tho its lost its roots? Idk...I love riding and all, but I can hit all those roads any weekend with out the bike show baggers comming into my lane. 2cents.
  10. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
  11. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. atomic frog

atomic frog pavement ends, YEAH!

Oddometer:
    I said quite a few years back this going to be my last crud run due to the morons et al. However, I keep getting drawn by the fact that there are always cool bikes and great folks there that outnumber the idiot factor. I usually slip into Leland, hang out for while to get my moto-fix and slip back out before the masses start departing. I gave up going to Pine Bluff and the mayhem that ensues getting to Leland. I attended the first years and wish somehow it could get back to the "good ol' days". The Loren Ipsum Rally in Viroqua is what the crud ride used to be. Thanks to the organizers of that event, I HOPE it doesn't change for the worse.
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  13. SilkMoneyLove

SilkMoneyLove Long timer

Oddometer:
    I didn't go this year but have been in the recent past.

My opinion is that the closer you get to Leland, which for me is also closer to lunch time, the more the wannabes clog things up.

I don't like the drinking and riding thing, but I grab a sammich, take some pics of cool bikes, drink a soda and head back out before the drunks hit the roads.

Yes, it is better to hit those roads on a non rally weekend, but every weekend is some sort of charity run here in WI.

Took me a bit, but I finally figured out that I need to take a day off of work and ride to get clear roads.
  14. byron555

byron555 Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I left Leland around 1:15p... It is neat to see all of those different bikes. I enjoyed some free coffee and a pretty good pork sandwich for lunch

[​IMG]

Anyone else check out the 1936 flathead V8 thing... wierd, but cool the built it himself.

or this

[​IMG]
  15. Dangeross

Dangeross Space cowboy! Supporter

Oddometer:
    My brother and I left about 2:00 pm.
    Anyone have information regarding the rider that ran off the road I beleive in the second corner south of Leland on PF?
    Left a long skid mark on the road befoe dropping off into the field.
    I hope he was okay, lots of EMT's.
    :eek1
  16. reveille

reveille Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ouch. I certainly hope the rider is OK:eek1
  17. foxfire

foxfire YRUYUR?

Oddometer:
    I was wondering why all the police bikes rolled out...quickly. :eek1
  18. Limey 1

Limey 1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took a brisk ride from Davenport up to Pine Bluff early Sunday morning on my Versys..gotta love them heated grips!....the bikes did not disappoint..as always there is something different and almost as rare as hens teeth...and yes....the cow horned idiot just had to ride through all the crowd back and forth..to let us all know he had arrived!...My favorite bike had to have been the Vincent Shadow parked in the street...it was pretty awesome.....The new Indians are very impressive..even got electric locks on the saddlebags! I didn't make it up to Leland but did hit a few rain showers on the way home..see you all next year!...
  19. jasonTDI

jasonTDI TDI Guru

Oddometer:
    The skid was from someone AVOIDING the guy in the field. The guy in the field was in the opposite direction of the skid. Field boy got target fixation and too fast for his hide going on and crossed the center line. The skid was the guy avoiding him and he rode it out through the grass. You could see the trail. :eek1.

There was someone else on Leiland Rd west of town that went off on a sport bike but looks as if they rode it out. Wife and I saw the group when we were coming in. Farmer was talking to them. She (rider) look pretty shooken up.

About the "mess" leaving you just need to ride strait west. All the pirates ride north west and thus......

AWESOME roads if you go down J to F, to FF, to K south, tp ridgview rd, to HH west, to Byrn grwyn rd west, to T and into spring Green or H north to an AWESOME 190 deg 70 mph sweeper and then NW to 14 and into Spring green. You get to see F.L.W's creations if you come in on T. A quick stop in Spring Green then north on 23 to Leiland Rd. You just need to look at a map son!
  20. jasonTDI

jasonTDI TDI Guru

Oddometer:

That was Marv's bike. He has quite a collection of old british stuff. Rob Himmleman and Peter Egan were going to ride to Peter's place near Stoughton from there as they all had other things to do and it's an hour from Peters to Pine Bluff. Don't want to push your luck for several hours on the old girls. Peter was riding the BSA 440 Victor.