Small Hard Panniers?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by SFC_Ren, Jan 14, 2020.

1. SFC_Ren

SFC_Ren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looking for something in the 15-20 Liter per side size, anybody know of any? I saw the HT Imnaha which are 13.8L per side but that is just a little too small. I did a search and the most recent small pannier thread was from 2015 with like 4 replies, and nothing helpful except soft luggage suggestions. I know I need 15-20 Liter per side because I currently use a 40 Liter soft luggage set up. Thanks in advance for any pointers.
  2. davidji

davidji bike curious

Oddometer:
    If you want adv stuff, ammo cans might meet your needs. Available in metal or plastic.

If you don't mind side opening, various choices from Pelican & Seahorse.

If you want street stuff, there are cases around 20l from Givi & Kappa. I have Givi E21, but there's a newer model.
  3. SFC_Ren

SFC_Ren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Yeah I'm looking for adv use. As far as Pelican the best thing I've found so far are the 1430 Top loaders which are exactly 15 Liters. Jut wondering about other options before pulling the trigger and making mounts for my racks on my CRF250L

pelican-waterproof-motorcycle-hard-case.jpg
  4. CaseyJones

CaseyJones Ridin' that train

Oddometer:
    Harbor Freight Apache 3800. They don't give the liter size, but they're about the same size as the Pelican and a third of the cost.

And they're pretty adaptable, to whatever hoops or frame you have or want to buy. Some machines you can even bolt the cases directly to the body, or with a single strap for the lower end. Your imagination is the limit.

I've used them on a Wee-Strom, a Versys 650, and a Versys X-300.

Or, if you need more space, go up a size to the larger 4800.
    SFC_Ren likes this.
  5. SFC_Ren

SFC_Ren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeah the Apache may be a top case option. Really prefer top loading. My Givi cases on my V- strom are side loading and annoying as hell to pack full. Thanks man!
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
  7. SFC_Ren

SFC_Ren Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Happy trails also has the:
    - Owyhee 6" at 21.8L (6x14x16)
    - Teton 7.5" clif cut at ?L Website picture is down but I think its 23L. Technically its (7.5"15x18) but thats just the top, the main body is only 6". Advantage here is you can run them narrower as the lip of the cut goes inward of the rack mount. The Owhyhees are smaller but would be the same width mounted on the bike as the larger volume Tetons if you got them in clif-cut.
    nsu max and SFC_Ren like this.