Smoky Mountain Riding...4 Days In November...Video

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Zebraranger, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Zebraranger

Zebraranger MotoMore

Oddometer:
    This time I went with a couple of Harley Riding buddies. Mike on his Dyna Lowrider and Dave on his Heritage Softail. I was riding my Moto Guzzi Griso 1200. the Griso loved the spirited riding in the up & down twisties of those mountain roads and handled it well. Every once in a while I'd break away and let the Griso run (I couldn't help it), then pull over and take a break while waiting for them to catch up, the cruising was pretty nice though. Once there, the temps at night were between the upper 20's to low 30's. It was pretty nice during the days with most days in the upper 50's and one day it even hit the low 60's, great riding weather during the days with rain only on the last day.

We rented a cabin at Black Rock Mountain on the North Carolina/Georgia border for the four days. Spent the days riding into North Carolina and the Smoky Mountains (Bryson City, Franklin, Wayah RD and the Nantahala National Forest, as well as a few other locations). Didn't do the Dragon this time, did it plenty of times on previous trips. The nights we spent at the Cabin with a roaring campfire and some blood warming spirits. We cooked Brats and burgers the first night, the other nights we had steak and ribs, the last night there we ate out at a local restaurant in town. As usual, I was the camera man on the rides with my JVC Adixxion camera mounted on the right side of my helmet, Mike got in some shots with his cell phone. I thought I'd share the video that I did of the trip.

bobw and thechief86 like this.
  2. bobw

bobw Harden the phuck up

Oddometer:
    Glad you guys got a good run in. Fall was a bit of a non invent this year, but shy of snow and/or ice the Smoky's are always a treat to ride.

Cheers
  3. Zebraranger

Zebraranger MotoMore

Oddometer:
    Yes I noticed. The fall colors didn't seem to be as prevalent as on previous trips to the Smoky's, but the excellent weather and the beauty of the area made for a great trip.
    bobw likes this.