1. Master of Disaster

Master of Disaster Using my CRS18:7:206 hand

Oddometer:
    2 inches on my railing, 5 more today, and 7 expected tomorrow.
    listening to the scanner, it seems that Everyone has forgotten how to drive in the snow, seems that always happens first good snowfall.
  2. Green Stainz

Green Stainz Long timer

Oddometer:
    good thing I got out for a quick ride on saturday. went over to vail on sunday and saw two KTM's coming over the pass and one gold wing pulling a trailer with a bike on it.!! crazy stuff
  3. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    The guy w/ the Goldwing and the DR650 in tow is Mark Atwell from Co Spr. He had to ditch his bike by the Eisenhower tunnel and hitch a ride.

Here is what it looks like now:

[​IMG]
  4. FatChance

FatChance Road Captain

Oddometer:
    First big up-slope storm of the year! Usually it waits until Halloween weekend. It is in the mid-40's and raining all day down here in D-town, though the Silverton Mountain ski area opened for some locals-only skiiing..
  5. Green Stainz

Green Stainz Long timer

Oddometer:

yup thats it!
  6. dirtrider

dirtrider Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That picture is definately front page material. :D
  7. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aw man, that just breaks my heart! I hope the rider got home OK and nobody smashed his bikes before he could recover them. That's just nasty! Anybody know if he's OK and got his scooters home alright?

I wonder what it's like pulling a 350 pound dirt bike (plus trailer) behind your touring bike? I wanted to try that with a 185 pound Montesa Cota behind my RT and my BMW dealer said, "Are you nuts?". I've got a DR 650, and I know what that bad boy weighs, sounds a little dangerous!

I took a ride with some friends this Saturday to Powder River Pass in the Big Horn Mountains, about two feet of snow at 9,666 feet and kinda chilly, but the roads were dry. The ride up and back was gorgeous, 60 degrees and not even any wind to speak of in 350 miles of riding. It slushed all day Sunday so I spent the day in the garage winterizing bikes and trying to get my truck back in..... Time to get the skis out!
  8. ADVMindset

ADVMindset Americana Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's one HELL of a storm out here on the High Plains!!! Have got at least 18 inches in the driveway and some 4-5 foot drifts elsewhere in the yard and it's still coming down! Am sure glad i got the GS out for a short ride Sat. morn, then drove the TT top down to work at 2pm, was up to 84 on the way...Geez :huh
    Couldn't go to work today I-70 closed both ways from Aurora to Goodland, KS
    Oh well, supposed to be back up to 60-70 for the next weekend. It's Colorado !!
  9. FN in MT

FN in MT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wonder. Even at 60mph what the stopping distance is for that Wing with it's trailer?? Doesn't look safe to me.

FN in MT
  10. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    I would only consider that with a light weight off-road only bike. With the load he's pulling, a trailer with brakes should be considered.

-Jeff-
  11. gambrinus

gambrinus http://www.shrinershq.org

Oddometer:
    When I first saw that picture the first thing that popped into my mind was "Darwin Award" contender. That just CAN'T be safe.... Too much weight, not even close to having enough length to tow that trailer. EEEEK.

Good Luck to ya!

Snow is gone and back on the bike commuting to work! Life is good.

RW
  12. BudLight

BudLight Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a flat-lander friend on a GS Adventure that is late arriving to CO for a ride. Just curious for the locals in the Dillon/Breckenridge area... are Shrine, Boreas, and Westin still open to cycles after this last storm? Thinking of coming up this Friday or Saturday.
    -Bud
  13. Green Stainz

Green Stainz Long timer

Oddometer:
    i think boreas pass got 18+ plus inches. Today it finally got above 40 degrees so we have had some snow melting. Depending what it does tomorrow and during the day Friday they might be passable.
  14. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    Mark hitched a ride to Aurora where he met family who took him home. The bikes were safely towed (I assume on a rollback truck) to Frisco where they await retrival.
  15. Green Stainz

Green Stainz Long timer

Oddometer:
    Next time take into consideration I live in silverthorne and have a 3 car garage so next time any of you guys get stuck out in the snow I can help store your bikes in the garage or least in the driveway. These invitation is out for any advrider. pm me for my cell number if you want.
  16. Infracaninophile

Infracaninophile Finding My Way..

Oddometer:
    What kinds of beer and wine do you keep around the house? Scotch? These things will help with the decision making... :rofl

t.
  17. Green Stainz

Green Stainz Long timer

Oddometer:
    For beer usually have either Breck avalanche, fat tire, or negra modelo

For wine anything red usually some French burgundy, domestic merlots from oregon and washington, and whatever is on sale for italian wines

Not much of a scotch drinker but have plenty of vodka and beam around. :deal

Andy
  18. Doubletrackmind

Doubletrackmind Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They were on their way home from Moab. It was a Scooterscum on his KTM 950 his friend Marcus on a GS1150 and Mark Atwell on the Goldwing. Check out the ride report at

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100352

Deano and I trailered home on Sunday and had nothing but some wet pavement