So im thinking of scubadiving and made myself a snorkel for the R1200gsa

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by 2712, Jul 24, 2012.

1. tank slappa

tank slappa Let's just ride!

Oddometer:
    A couple of years ago I made a snorkel for my 2008 GS, i made it out of "air seeder hose". It looks like a vaccum cleaner hose except it is smooth on the inside (so the seeds don't clog it up). A piece of ? 2 inch PVC water pipe joined the air seeder hose and the "air intake" , held together with a self tapper and rescue tape.

Water crossings were level and sometimes breifly over the muffler, On one occasion it fell over on the left side, snorkel out of the water, bike 3/4 under water and it was still running under water. The electronics played up for the day but once they dried out it was back to normal.

I also redirected the hose that connects the air box to the left cylinder, it was moved higher up into the air box with a longer piece of hose.

No performance issues were noticed. No photos either unless you pm me an email address
  2. viz

viz I Ride Ms Piggy

Oddometer:
    "Lean means too little fuel - what you will have maybe is too much fuel. Make sure you cover the intake when you leave it outside in the rain

Photos and ride report are expected of course. Good luck!"

viz
  3. 2712

2712 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    these will do the trick, alsow usefull for waterproofing a cellphone.

[​IMG]
  4. Gompie

Gompie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From a language point of view that's one good, correct, if not perfect translation :thumb. I guess thank you internet?
  5. viz

viz I Ride Ms Piggy

Oddometer:
    Yes and no... I can read Dutch after a fashion (though no longer can speak it) - I translated it to be a little more colloquial . Sometimes an exact translation does not compute when using google...

viz

viz short for Visser - that should give you a clue :D mijn vader komt uit Maastricht, mijn moeder uit Amsterdam
  6. viz

viz I Ride Ms Piggy

Oddometer:
    And used to cover gun ports on WWII fighters - if rain got it and then froze could get problematical when the trigger got pressed...

viz
  7. Big Daddy D

Big Daddy D Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :thumbup:

Nicely done!