1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

So who's got an 'Arai head'?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by GSnovice, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Aussi Kiwi

Oddometer:
  2. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    I wrecked two new Arai helmets on tack.
    Bought a Shark as the fit was good. Trouble was, as soon as I was in a straight line, it would pivot around the horizontal and block my vision. Had to continually left the chin so I could see in a straight line.
    Bought a HJC. Much better, I reckon. I still use that as my road helmet. If they make an adventure style helmet, good chance I'll go that way for my next one.
    Bought another Arai for racing.
  3. Fearless Whetu

Fearless Whetu Aussi Kiwi

Oddometer:
    I had a similar thing happen with my old BMW helmet. On the track with the peak off it would pull up so hard along the Philip Island straight it literally pulled me backwards off the bike haha ! I'd have to angle my head forward so it sat down on my chest and I could only just see. Fun times.
  4. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    The Airoh's have become really popular here in Sweden the last 5 to 6 years in Enduro and MX circles... Tried one when looking for a new helmet last year... to replace the One Industries Trooper I have used for the previous five or six seasons.

upload_2020-9-20_8-21-56.png

One Industries "Trooper" XL 60-61cm

upload_2020-9-20_8-29-37.png

To me, the Airoh felt like they run smaller sizing (like Italian shoes?)... either that or I just have a big head...? (I have never been real comfortable in either Arai or Shoei mx helmets for that matter...) :dunno
    ... but to get a fit that was comfortable around the jaw and ears - where the face mask integrates with the shell - I had to go up a size to XXL (62-63 cm) in the Airoh... and then the fit around the skull was a bit loose. (yeah I know :1drink:D)

So, I settled on this instead...

upload_2020-9-20_8-30-26.png

TLD Daytona XL 60-61cm

upload_2020-9-20_8-31-8.png
    Fearless Whetu likes this.
  5. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Arai or Shoei?
    afro helmet.jpg