So...You get a bill for a toll gate...someplace you've never BEEN...?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by CaseyJones, May 26, 2020.

1. Turkeycreek

Turkeycreek Gringo Viejo

Oddometer:
    There were no toll booths or I would have paid (I paid many.) The system is such that you just drive through and they read your transponder or you tag. I feel really bad not paying the toll on the Throg's Neck Bridge. I think I really got my money's worth since I spent about 30 minutes on the span stopped dead. :lol3 I got a real feel for how much those bridges bounce and sway.
    dharmadan likes this.
  2. randyo

randyo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have seen this happen to friends here in NH, parking tickets especially, but also tolls. The confusion, most often when they have vanity plates with an odd character, other than letters and numbers, that get ignored cause the state the violation comes from, doesn't use special characters on the plates, in NH, you can put dashes, underscores, ampersands, etc in your vanity plate #
  3. der_saeufer

der_saeufer ?איפה בירה

Oddometer:
    Ah yeah, I had forgotten that they'd gone cashless up there.

Oh well, that makes it their job to mail the bill and you can't pay a bill you don't get.
  4. RJAMT

RJAMT Who remembered the winch? Supporter

Oddometer:
    I live in Illinois and used to regularly receive bills from toll roads around Dallas, TX for my son's car. I called them several times and explained he had never been to Dallas and they tossed the bill each time. One day I was going through this tedious task again when the person on the other end figured out what was happening. It turns out that Illinois assigns license plates for commercial vehicles that overlap with private vehicles. A truck had the same plate number as my son's car and it apparently regularly made runs through Dallas and the company collecting the toll bills identified the private number rather than the commercial one. After that I stopped getting toll road bills.
    dharmadan likes this.
  5. davenowherejones

davenowherejones short old guy

Oddometer:
    I don’t know where I am half the time and I should not be there the other half.
    CROSSBOLT likes this.