SoCal Coddiwompling... (stayin' local)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by black 8, Jul 12, 2017.

1. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great to hear "Mom" is doing better. Best well wishes to you all. Those bike rides can wait. You are right where you need to be.
    black 8 and klaviator like this.
  2. Zubb

Zubb he went that-a-way...

Oddometer:
    Sorry brother.

.. and the stroke. :fpalm

Sounds like you need to go photograph some sunsets when you get home. Or better yet, sunrises.
    klaviator and black 8 like this.
  3. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Rudy!! Just thinking of you. Hope all is going well with the family. Riding up here is pretty quiet too (short joints here or there) and I hope you eventually get to get out. Either way my thoughts are with you! Cheers!! (And back on page 1 where you belong) :nod
    black 8 and Zubb like this.
  4. black 8

black 8 coddiwompling motographer

Oddometer:
    The B8 clan is doing well and we're working on getting the household back into a routine. Good news for Mom# 2, she was transferred to the rehab center and is doing well.

Meanwhile, I need to pull myself up by the bootstraps to tackle the bikes and the garage from the two cross country trips. It'll be a couple of weeks before I get back on the saddle. Even then I'll stay local due in part to the heat at some of places I want to explore... St George and Moab are still above 103℉ with Borrego and Death Valley well over 110℉. The temps are not projected to drop below 80℉ until October and November respectively.

I'll use this time in between to revisit rides along the Southern California coastline, prep the Duc for the next multi-week ride (she's next to go out), and get my load-out sorted...

:beer
    klaviator, B10Dave, Zubb and 3 others like this.
  5. StayFrosty

StayFrosty Mid Life Crisis -Wish it happened 20 yrs ago Supporter

Oddometer:
    Damn it man! Those of us stilling having to slog through the day at work, live vicariously through your adventures! On the other hand I don't blame you as I am a PNW cool weather rider myself.
    black 8 likes this.