SoCal Scooterist's Meanderings

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by sealsam, Dec 16, 2013.

1. simbaboy

simbaboy Lansing MBS Supporter

Oddometer:
    @sealsam
    Below is one on Amazon that has many good reviews.

I like that you can mount the remote (to take pics or start/stop videos) on the handle bar or just velcro to someplace where you can easily reach it. Also, mount the camera where you can easily reach it to turn it backwards for rear shots. I have helmet mounted mine (looks goofy) but also to the brake fluid reservoir. The windshield gets in the way, though. Lots of options. Come to Moab and I will give you an extra GoPro that I have--its a GoPro 3 that is fairly decent.

The quality of these action cameras (including the best/newest GoPro 7)will not be as good as your cell phone or a point and shoot but it will be useable.

Wifi pair the camera to your cell phone (using an App--don't sweat it: its easy even for an old fart like you, I mean an old fart like me) and you can see on your phone what the camera is seeing so you can frame your shots/video. Extra batteries are cheap.

Imu

https://www.amazon.com/AKASO-EK7000-Sports-Waterproof-Camcorder/dp/B01HGM33HG/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?crid=1UZVUCX3IKFHN&keywords=aukey+action+camera&qid=1570364171&smid=A2PH6LYOY5868R&sprefix=aukey+action,aps,299&sr=8-1-fkmr2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    sealsam, The Virginian and WYO George like this.
  2. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:

Thanks Imu, you just cost me $80(ordered the whole pkg, sim card & mounting access.), I look forward to playing with it!
    simbaboy and The Virginian like this.
  3. sealsam

Oddometer:
    What'd he buy(Jeffery??)?
  4. villageidiot

villageidiot Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    my buddy Andrew.

19 f150 supercrew 3.5 ecoboost.
    simbaboy, The Virginian and sealsam like this.
  5. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Don't be too overly impressed fellows, I had a $5 bill in my pocket and figured it'd need about a gallon.

Remember, we're all pre-pay out here CA. Not sure how common or not that is around the country.:hmmmmm
    Chillis and simbaboy like this.
  6. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Last few pics from the Borrego loop yesterday,

Got in some nice remote riding out in the Anza Borrego, got passed by many toy hauler folks going to and from Ocotillo. As I'm standing there in the middle of nowhere taking pics, I know the passerby's must be thinking WTF is a dude on a red Vespa doing out here. Lots of the moto & side-by-side guys give me a look of concern, I wave em off, "I'm OK".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We've got two airports in the Borr, go figure. This is the privately owned Borrego Air Ranch dotted with houses around the runway, and to dream for garages(hangars).

Oh, for you fellow pilots out there, don't worry this runway is currently not in use. Right behind me were many red stanchions indicating runway closed. I asked a local about that, indicating that closed runways that I've seen, there were 'X' outs over the numbers. He reminded me it's a private landing strip.:dunno

[​IMG]

The other & main airport of the area is the Borrego Valley airport, lots of cool aircraft in there on the weekends during 'the season'.

[​IMG]

Went into town for some water and bought a sticker. BTW, want to piss off the HOA, go ride around on the cart path, that'll do it.:ken

[​IMG]

Ahh, it wasn't that far. Besides, the course isn't open yet. Keep your panties on, jeez.

Thanks for lookin' in!!

7. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    The price just for the camera went from $43 to $60 overnight. The whole pkg now is almost $100.
    Dangitt, how many cameras did you buy!
    Anyways, I saved you almost $20. Do I get EPL when I visit out West in 2020?
    Imu
  8. sealsam

Oddometer:
    I got it at the $43 price, plus I bought the access pack & sim card. I'm all in for about $87, I'm good with that, thanks for the tip. Oh wait, I may be cussing you for putting me through new torture, you know how us old folks are with tech. I still have a grounded drone.:fpalm

As far as El Pollo Loco,

anything for you bro!! :ken:finger

I'm not eating that gawd forsaken crap, although last week my salad was pretty good.:lol2
    villageidiot, Chillis and simbaboy like this.
  9. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    @sealsam
    Klav (Win) just signed up for Moab.
    Start saving up your pennies and favors and vacations from the biz.
    Be there.
    Imu
  10. sealsam

Oddometer:
    I'll warn him to RUN, get out now while he still has time, our influences have ruined enough people. Don't do it to him Imu! He seems like a good man, don't do it.:pep
  11. sealsam

Oddometer:
    This came in the mail today...

[​IMG]

What is it you ask, a side stand for Red Ripper. With all the pic stops I make constantly pulling that thing up on the center stand was a PITA. Gotta rig up a bungee or something to hold the brake when using the side stand. My R100 & Majesty have both rolled off the side stands due to my assholiness, don't want to repeat that anymore. Yeah, famous last words.
  12. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you guys think the Monkey would be a good Moab bike?

Also, Sam, when you get that camera you will then have to transfer to a computer, all of the footage, and then the luxury of editing.

Then people will complain that it was done poorly!

Isn't it great!?
  13. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Too late!
  14. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    I think it will be fine.
    Do bring your other dual sport as well---you ride the Monkey, I will ride the CRF.
    Imu
  15. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Good tip on the camera Brian, but pretty much getting it for the still shots, just to add a little something different to the library. If I can use a few all the better, if not, not much lost I guess.

I would definitely ride a monkey in Moab! There'd be a few spots that would be tough, mainly the paved access routes to get out to the trails. Keeping speed up to hang with the big boys can be tough. This is what I experienced on the Van Van, with along with TW's, are probably the perfect Moab bikes!!

The Monkey needs a CC up grade kit, that we can't get in CA. DROW has a upgrade kit, but not CA legal.

...in it's happy place,

[​IMG]
  16. sealsam

Oddometer:
    That's awesome Win!:clap

May the force be with you, you'll never be the same once polluted by Imu.

Don't take him to Subway, he'll embarrass the hell out of ya.

Although I do enjoy cutting him off once in a while and watching the results,:imaposer

[​IMG]
    MYUMPH, Chillis and klaviator like this.
  17. sealsam

Oddometer:

Mrs. Simbaboy, double the life insurance NOW.

I rode my son's new YZ450F, what a beast that no 60yo should be on. I couldn't give it back fast enough!
    MYUMPH, Chillis and simbaboy like this.
  18. simbaboy

Oddometer:
    I HATE SAND.
    But I am getting better. After riding 10 Miles each way to Tower Arch (nothing but 10 Miles of very deep sand) I got my sand education.
    Tower Arch will be on the agenda for 'Moab 2020'
    Imu
  19. sealsam

Oddometer:

Have fun with that, I'll be on the golf course.:jkam

See ya at Milt's afterward.:dukegirl
    MYUMPH, villageidiot and simbaboy like this.
  20. sealsam

Oddometer:
    Just one last one from Borrego, the setting sun give off some fantastic colors that my Iphone can't capture, but...

[​IMG]